what is the average number of days before someone reaches LD

I’ve heard that is is from days to monthes but i was just wonderin if anyone knew the average

also can you LD better if you are tired and go to bed late or if you just go to bed at you normal time not really being tired but just going to bed for the heck of it?

It really depends on how much work you put into it.
But for most people I would say 60-90 days.

I had mine within like, 16 days Im pretty sure. Its all a matter of how much you try, how many RCs you do, and how much you want to do it. Doing stuff like browsing LD sites before bed, drinking mint tea, eating popcorn, or cheese before bed help too. Its really all about effort.

got any tips on what i should do I mean like some good RC’s, I heard on lucidity.com that they had this camp/siminar thing that lasted for a week and when ever anyone whould walk through a doorway they were supposed to do an RC like look at there watch, only thing is that i don’t have a watch or any monkey so i can’t do that. :cry:

xs4all.nl/~pasquale/TTM/3/index.html

Click on RC and it gives you many good ones to use.

EDIT:Sorry for 2 posts :tongue:

ok Thanky

Not a wise question, in my opinion, cuz you might in effect be setting yourself up in case you do not meet such expectations.

Its just all about effort, like everyone has said. The more you do stuff, like researching RC’s and the like - LD related, then the more your subconscious knows you want an LD and will help you to attain such. Hitting the forums / researching before going to bed (what i usually do) is also very helpful.

your right that is a good idea and i used to do that but that was so long ago when i was in the 9th grade

thanks though.

Very good advice. I was under the impression that the average was 30 days, and at the end of the first 30 days, I was very disappointed with myself. :neutral:

I agree with Sentient that is the last question you want to have in your head. You don’t want to set any expectations for your self on this. If you practice they will come. Do not worry about when. Like Sentient and Vae Victus said if you set an expectation and you do not achieve it you may become discouraged and stop trying as hard. Also the reverse might be true. If you believe that you won’t have a LD for 30 days you may live up to that when in reality you could have been LD ing long before that. It is entirely possible to have an LD on the first night of trying.

Sentient

My god Sentient that was such a short post for you. Are you ok. No fever or anything I hope. I don’t think I have ever seen a short post from you, ever. I almost had to do an RC. :smile:

ROFL, milod! Oh. . . :lmao:

ok thanks that will help, i am about to go to bed so i’m going to try for Lucidity!

I had a LD in 2 days after I read through this site and I find it easier to LD when I’m physicly tired but not mentaly.

mystery

well last year when i was trying, i think i tryed for 2 months, anyway nothing happened except for exceptionally good dream recall, anyway it made me mad cuz 2 of my friends were trying it too and they both had 3 LD in 2 weeks after starting, and one of them wasn’t even trying to LD he just thought it would be cool if it would work :cry: anyway so yeah it just depends i guess but i wish that it would happen faster this time.

tonight will be my second night after starting back. :cool_laugh:

well last year when i was trying, i think i tryed for 2 months, anyway nothing happened except for exceptionally good dream recall, anyway it made me mad cuz 2 of my friends were trying it too and they both had 3 LD in 2 weeks after starting, and one of them wasn’t even trying to LD he just thought it would be cool if it would work :cry: anyway so yeah it just depends i guess but i wish that it would happen faster this time.

whoa oops sorry :peek:

“My god Sentient that was such a short post for you. Are you ok. No fever or anything I hope. I don’t think I have ever seen a short post from you, ever. I almost had to do an RC.”

Well, yeah ive not been feeling too good these days, and etc etc etc hehe i remember when i posted that i paused before ‘submit’ thinking ‘is there anything im missing?’ subconsciously noticing that the post was small tho i didnt consciously see it. checks temperature well, still a little hot :bored:

Demon, I can relate to your trying again after sometime. When i first started trying out years ago i had zero luck, but extremely good dream recall like you had. Then i kind of lazed, then got really into it again once more, seeing it was possible, my faith restored, and a little help from a good friend, now ive at least 2 LD a month. But this time around i have worked on it much more than the first time i tried. Effort is what pays off. That and patience, and not setting yourself up (which i did my first time, always getting frustrated cuz i wasnt getting any LD’s). Oh and this and this and this (its not that bad hehe, its just all about convincing your subconscious that YOU WANT AN LD)

Wish you the best of luck! :content:

yeah thanks last night went better for me, i did LD but i did remember a full dream with colors sounds feeling thoughts everything so that was cool.