Military draft in spring 2005, for real

lol, thanks, I mean the sarcasm in a friendly way, which is how I’m hoping it was perceived. It’s kind of hard to use sarcasm on line.

But yeah, I see what you are saying now… i thought you were using the toe as some sort of metaphor about speaking out against the government, that it was pointless, or something.

I have asthma and a history of depression and probably enough evidence to prove I’m “gay” if a draft ever came up (i’m not, but I don’t exactly have a good record with women), so I could probably stay safe from combat service, but they might make me do something.

I think you have to at least do community service if they declare you a conscientuous objector, but I guess it’s better than jail.

First, from what I understand this whole draft legislation was put together by democrats and republicans alike who are apposed to the war in Iraq. From what I understand they are hoping to frighten us into putting pressure on bush to put and end to this war. Unfortunately it is not working very well. I don’t think there are many people who even know about this proposed bill. Too many other things are dominating the news coverage. The bottom line is they know the bill will not pass. This hole thing is just a political stunt. ( I hope )

Well I might as well keep with the same format:

I understand that you have a lot to say and I encourage you to say it. But, I do agree that your post are a bit lengthy and the get hard to follow after a while. Please take this as constructive criticism and not an insult. I would like to get a better understanding of the points you are trying to make but, some times I just can’t get through your long posts.

I think our efforts could be put to better use by getting more involved with the political process. We should encourage more people to vote. Especially younger people who are often the most effected by the laws that are created. Perhaps even run for a political office ourselves. One of the local townships in my area has a Mayer who is only 21 years old. Unlike our European counterparts we, as a society, just do not get involved in politics. Many think the subject is bearing. Then when they want to go to collage and find that they can not afford it who’s to blame? As we saw in 2000 every vote does count. Anyway, it is just a thought.

Wow, I never knew you could even be a mayor at 21. Maybe I can be the next mayor of Des Moines. Mayor is a overrated job though, but still, being a mayor at 21 is still pretty good.

I’m 19 and I plan on voting in November. I read everything I can on local politics. I wish there were more younger people like me though, I feel I can’t talk to any of my friends about this stuff because I’m the only one that really does it.

I do agree that the draft bill could be a stunt to hurt Bush. I have heard Bush quote that he did not support the draft. A lot of radio hosts seem to take it really far though, just because it was proposed. Doesn’t mean much in the long run, only if it stays in the agenda.

I doubt our generation would even tolerate gas lines, let alone the draft. We’re just not used to major government interference like our ancestors had to deal with.

Unless there is additional legislation (such as the constitution’s rule that you need to be 35 to be pres), you can hold any office at age 18, same as voting age.

wow… I should run for every office I can get my hands on and convince kids my age that I’m cool.

I don’t know what the hell I’d do as I don’t know the first thing about politics, I’d probably get fired for reforming drug laws and trying to take down censorship.

and assassinated
:sad:

voting is pointless, if you dont’ vote for Kerry or Bush your vote doesn’t matter, as we’ve seen, Florida is cool with election fraud (really just look it up, there is so much out there)… I mean they are already pulling the stupid convict stuff again this year, but people are wise to that and fighting it.

Diebold… www.blackboxvoting.org read some of it, it’s disturbing… I’m glad California has removed a lot of their machines.

This election is not ours, so Kerry wins, SO WHAT? He’s no hero… he’s no reformist… what happens in 2008? He’s a damn skull and bones just like Bush too…

you know, what will we see if Kerry takes office? We wil see some reform of the Patriot Act, hopefully, that’s good, maybe some small sensible changes to drug law… some refinement of Bush’s environmental massacre, but in the long term, we are still forced to choose between one of two parties, everyone always says “no, don’t vote third party, this election is too important!”

when are we going to stand up and say we won’t take anymore?

Not until it’s too late probably, and in actuality, it probably is too late.

Apathy and propoganda have already destroyed us as a nation.

downward~spiral

Yes you can. In fact you can hold a political office at the age of 18 if you could get elected. Yes being a Mayer of a small township may be an overrated position but, it is a start. By getting elected to city council positions, school boards etc. would be a good place to build up a political base. Then move on to a state legislature position.

Right now decisions are made by long time politicians who are completely out of touch with real people. It is great to here you take such an interest in politics. The more people get involved the more likely we can promote real change.

Monitor199a

Really, we are not too far from that right now. Have you seen the obscene gas prices ??? What about the patriot act ??? Right now my state is talking about creating it’s own state version of the patriot act to go after ordinary criminals. I think other states are as well.

We could probably end the obscene gas prices if we just got organized and boycotted gas stations for just a week. That means buy no gas, lotto tickets, nothing. I know there have been attempts at this but, they never amount to anything. We just pay at the pump and go with the flow because we do not want to be inconvenienced for just a week.

Anyway, this draft bill will likely never come to a vote let alone get passed.

Frankly, I’m not sure why there are still non-believers for this.

The SSS had an increase of 28 million dollars in their budget a few months ago.
democraticunderground.com/di … _id=716016

“Local draft board volunteers, meanwhile, report that at training sessions last summer, they were unexpectedly asked to recommend people to fill some of the estimated 16 percent of board seats that are vacant nationwide.”

“Stars and Stripes, the Army’s official paper, reports that a poll it conducted found that half the soldiers in Iraq say they are “not likely” or are “very unlikely” to reenlist…”
salon.com/news/feature/2003/11/03/draft/

tbrnews.org/Archives/a708.htm

The reason the Pentagon/White House isn’t talking about, and the reason no news agencies are talking about it, should be obvious–they don’t like political suicide.

For the draft to effect you how old do you have to be?Also killing people is not an issue i would have if civil war broke out or if the draft did take place.After the rush and yet sickness from the first kill you would come to find that blood is very pretty when out of the body and you will be over come with a bloodlust.and dont chicken out of a draft that is lame,just go to war and play it smart and have faith and you’ll survive.

It’s been a long time since we did this, so I may be a little off.

First they draft the 20 year olds. They draw dates out of a lottery and you get drafted in order depending on your birthday. So if they draw June 11th then all 20 year olds born on June 11th get drafted first.

After the 20 year olds they do 21 and 22, then 19 then 18.

At least that’s how I think they did it. Last time we had a draft it was only men, and I would suspect there would be more than enough so they wouldn’t draft women.

The draft is for ages 18 to 26 I believe.

Doesn’t Matter What You See?
Or into it What You Read
You Can Do it Your Own Way
If It’s Done Just How I Say

Soldier boy, made of clay
now an empty shell
twenty one, only son
but he served us well
Bred to kill, not to care
just do as we say
finished here, Greeting Death
he’s yours to take away

Back to the front
you will do what I say, when I say
Back to the front
you will die when I say, you must die
Back to the front
you coward
you servant
you blindman

Spineless from the start, sucked into the part
circus comes to town, you play the lead clown
Please, please
spreading his disease, living by his story
Knees, knees
falling to your knees, suffer for his glory
You will

Time for lust, time for lie
time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green
Heaven you will meet
Make a contribution
and you’ll get a better seat
Bow to Leper Messiah

and finally

Timothy Leary sample:

Think for yourself
Question authority

Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,
terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in
this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the
religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by
giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their
view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and
learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness;
chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Think for yourself.
Question authority.

It’s very foolish to kill a man because someone tells you to.

A. Justin- you’re a fu… freakin dumbass. And I know you know it too. You say it more than I do.

B. It is foolish to kill a man because someone tells you to.

C. Did this Timothy Leary fellow every realize that if someone read this then thought for themselves, they would be doing the exact opposite of what he told them to do, by doing what he told them to do, because he told them to think for themself and don’t pay attention to the authority.

D. True authority comes from Experience in a field of which you can be called an authority.

E. Y’all suckas got served.

C. Did this Timothy Leary fellow every realize that if someone read this then thought for themselves, they would be doing the exact opposite of what he told them to do, by doing what he told them to do, because he told them to think for themself and don’t pay attention to the authority.

probably… it doesn’t matter. You have to have something make you start questioning authority, if you live in a society that says it is wrong you will not naturally do so very easily, except for teen years, but religion or peer pressure or fear of damnation or just chastisement from family can prevent you from ever questioning anything, hence you adopt idenitity foreclosure and just be whatever everyone else that shapes your beliefs is.

Paraodxes aren’t necessarily paradoxes either, our language is just limited… his quote, if taken seriously, might spark a general interest, and might spark you to agree with him in theory, which a long way down the right might make you live up to what he is talking about.

And if so, you wouldn’t be following him, you’d just be taking a little bit of his advice… if you just do whatever he says then you aren’t following him to begin with, so…

As I said, paradoxes suck, you can be alone in a crowd, no matter what the literal meaning implies, hence the futile nature of obsessing over the seemingly contradictory.

yeah… so anyways… why do all you crazy people have “Wu” in your in names?

and i just posted random quotes because i was lazy and didn’t feel like saying something that has already been said by famous people better than I can… it’s also a Tool cliche to tell people to think for themselves, so I found it fun to use him.

i wouldnt kill someone because i was told to.i think for myself all the time,not my fault i alsways screw up because of it though.The reason to kil would be because i could duh.another thing that guy whom you wrote down about was prettty smart but i dont think i should listen to that you know,but very smart i must admit.
2.i am not stupid for what i wrote think about it everypone has thought about killing.Below all the tolerance & self control you see on tv you know you want to.that is what ld is for but you dont get the rush you would probably normally get.

I don’t agree with what you said. I don’t think it would take one kill and you would want more. Do you think the people that killed people in the 1960’s are happy because of it and have to control themselves from killing anyone around them, just for the enjoyment of blood?

if the draft does occur i am not afraid to say it. i would chicken out and leave the country. my parents already told me they would help me get out. I don’t care if people think it is “lame” or that i am a “coward.” My choice is what I choose to do. I refuse to die for your government and suffer for your religion!

people in the 60 probably didnt like it but i mean i wouldnt really mind it,i think.I seen blood i liked it alot.the flow,the smell,the color,the taste it is intoxicating i think.one having views like this could be driven to a mad state to want more and more becoming a monster of war.also nic if you choose to run away just have a good reason to like not dying then well no one should care.and if your parents are cool wit it then go wit it.

Let me get this right.

You would join a war so you can KILL FUCKING INNOCENT PEOPLE?

Iraqi soldiers, American soldiers, it’s all the same, a bunch of naive pawns and idealists being manipulated to kill in the name of something.

We can kill, yes, we are capable of it, yes, there are circumstances where we’d enjoy it, but talk to any damn veteran about what they went through, none of them are happy about it… aside from the psychopaths perhaps… which really have no place in a functioning society.

I’m hoping you’re pretty young and will grow out of this way of thinking, there is nothing noble about killing, there is nothing fun about killing, there is no good reason to kill, period.

So say you go to war against Iraq, to “defend America” and you feel good about killing people that are, just like you, trying to defend their country, too? That makes no sense.

They have families too, they have feelings too… killing is entirely pointless.

Even if someone was attacking me for no reason and I killed him, I wouldn’t feel good about it, in the moment i was doing it, and right when it was over, I might have enjoyed it, have felt good in winning against him, in defending myself, but it’s nothing I’d be happy about in the long run, and nothing I’d want to do again.

So let me ask you, if you could do whatever you wanted and never get caught, would you run around killing people?

I agree. There are many situations where I might be forced to kill a person. To defend my life, my family, in defense of someone else, and the right to be free. But, only if there was no other option and I would never feel good about it. Even if I were completely justified. I would most likely feel worse about my self because I could not come up with a another solution.

holy reality i am 15 so i will probably grow out of it.and yes if i could run around doing what i wanted i would kill i would try to make genocide.you may wonder which race and i would tell you but it wouuld ignite tooo much of an argument ,but it isnt the jews they suffered enough. i think if someone were attacking me for no reason i may hold off on the kil but then would be left with no choice or grow bored then have fun with it.You did make a good point about the iraqi people i never thought of it that way,but still i…hmmm i wonder about myself sometimes sorry nevermind.now i understand why people call me natzi and racist ooops man i messed up alot crap.