imagining in dreams

is there a difference between doing something in a dream and imagining doing it? i remember once i was in an low level LD and when i imagined doing something it looked and felt as real and the actual dream then when i stopped ‘imagining’ i was back to the place i had been in the dream b4 i had started to imagine. this sort of makes sence because when you imagine in real life (if there is one) you are creating sensory input from inside ur head which seems to be the same thing as dreaming. so what i want to know is do u think that you can imagine something in a dream and not actually do it in the dream? is there even a difference?

" so what i want to know is do u think that you can imagine something in a dream and not actually do it in the dream? is there even a difference?"

You can sometimes… no matter what you imagine, your subconscious seems to be there as a filter of source, maybe even at times a censor…

So yes you can imagine something, such as, envisioning, in your “minds eye” an apple, and it will not neceessarily appear into the dream world… there are ways of making it happen, however it is easier to trick the subconscious into doing it, like putting your hand behind your back, thinking of an apple, and pretending you are holding one, and saying “I have an apple!” (i don’t need to say it, it’s all a fluid motion but it does not involve visualizing what my desired object looks like)

i have a bad imagination so it’s easier for me to trick my mind, but as an example, I wanted to have sex with Paz Lenchantin, and I asked a fictional version (as I didn’t wan tto like, stalk the real Paz in her dreams) to come… well she did, but she didn’t look quite right, I could rememebr how she was supposed to look, but it was hard to visualize it, and hard to “morph” her into how she was supposed to be.

But yeah, the imagination and the dream world seem loosely separate to me, but they can very easily overcross.

Isnt the imagination like totally abstract and the like, and that in dreams your right hemishpere is a lot more activated? It would seem that the line between imagining something and something actually happening is very thin indeed like reality suggests - i mean both things are in your head anyways, right? I would guess that the less you solidify your environment, the more that that which you imagine shall manifest.

i tried to imagine in a dream today

i couldn’t get a girl to look right and i could see her in my head, there were all these interactive large pictures on the wall and i tried to take a picture of what i was seeing in my head, but completely random unrelated things popped up

i even tried to sort of DILD into what I was trying so hardly to imagine in my mind but that didn’t work either.

I guess dreams are good places to practice visualization, they can be as hard as in real life but yet a little bit easier…

hypnagogics are easiest to directly interact with using your imgination.

of course these are just my results coming from someone with bad visualization and little photographic memory (it’s getting better though)