I'd appriciate some help now.

Woah, been a while since I was here now.
Some people might remember me of this guy that didn’t have any dream recall at all and the progress with that went very slow.
Lets give you a update on the situation then, my recall is alot better.
And when I say alot, I mean alot. Now I remember about 2-3 dreams a night in perfect recall and I’m very satisfied but well, since I found and joined this site I’ve had one lucid dream that lasted about 2 seconds, this was my first night.

This has been my major letdown.

For first I’d train the recall and ability to know that I’m dreaming using the MILD method and a simple mantra. But after a couple of weeks I got tired of this and just improved my dream recall. For about 2 weeks I’ve been repeating the mantra “I will know that I’m dreaming” and taking regular RC:s but still, no dreams.

Since this was the reason I’ve made such a huge progress on my recall I’d love to have the ability to LD but I’ve almost given up hope.
I’m not saying that I will let go of this completly since I’m sure if I do this long enough it will show some results but I’d need some help.

What do you think could make me better on LDing? The MILD-mantra thingie worked great on my recall but “I will know that I’m dreaming” don’t seem to have any impact on my brain. What should I do?

I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before you’ll start seeing results, but in the meantime you might want to try some other induction methods like WBTB along with MILD. Other than that just keep doing reality checks.

Good luck.

WBTB should at least increase your odds at getting an LD. If I remember correctly, the lucidity institute reported that WBTB increases your odds tenfolds (approximately, don’t really remember).

So, you keep doing RCs in real life, and never in your dreams. Maybe you should find something in your dreams to link the RCs to, a dreamsign? Also, if you’re very desperate to have an LD, you might want to try taking a nap. LDs occur much more often in naps than at night.

I have amazing recall but have infrequent LDs. I struggle in my dreams for mine most of the time. I think Im dreaming but then something distracts me or changes my mind despite glaringly obvious clues.

Do you keep a journal? Its really helpful, I think, to not only recall your dreams but think about them as you write them down. Note things that seem to pop up in your dreams a lot. For me looking for something and having trouble finding it… or tidal sized waves at the sea. Think about these dream signs and note them when they come up. I think this helps nuture the process of critically viewing your dreams. I notice now that in my dreams I will say things like, “Im at the sea… if I see huge waves I’ll know I’m in a dream.” I think this really helps you watch for these signs when you’re actually dreaming.