Reality checks and dreamsigns

1a) How many times a day do you perform a RC?

1b) Any succes with the RC?

1c) What kind of RC do you use?

2a) Is it possible to do things in the waking life, who could cause you to get more dreamsigns when you are dreaming?

Thanks.

1a) Whenever I remember too (the more the better)

1b) Yes. Lots. I’d say around half my LD’s has been down to RC’s. Of coarse, I’ve also missed alot of chances when they fail, but still…

1c) My favourte is the count your fingers one. I’d also like to check the time, and then recehck (and then once more for good luck) and see if it changes. Also, check if it’s a logical time (if it’s early in the morning, the the clock shouldn’t read, say, 12:00pm)

2a) No idea.

[color=indigo]a: yep, whenever I remember, but I always do it when I come on here, when I go to sleep, whenever I wake up, and when I talk about dreaming.

b: not really, I’ve never got lucid from RC but I do them when I’ve become lucid, just as a final check to make sure I don’t look stupid

c: I close an eye and see if I can see my nose (though this failed even when I knew I was dreaming) and I hold my nose and see if I can breathe through it (this has never failed yet)…when I can be bothered (which isn’t often) I check to see if my hands are normal, I see if I can put my hand through something, and I see if lights work…if the light wortks, I see if I get retina burn (Imagine how ridiculous I look doing all this when I’m at the computer…that’s what I do!)

d: I think just thinking about where the dreamsigns would come in makes them happen more regularly. For example, if you always see a certain friend in your dreams, when you go out IRL, and you see your friends, think about how the other friend would turn up right now, and see if they ARE there…and if you do see them, do RC 's. Understand that? Sorry, I get confusing.

Anyway, good luck[/color]!

Depends, I think about 1-2 times/hour. Sometimes more sometimes less.

Not really, usually I do a RC when I already know that I’m dreaming.

Reading and looking away and reading again.
Counting my fingers.
Looking around to see if everything looks normal or not.

2a) Is it possible to do things in the waking life, who could cause you to get more dreamsigns when you are dreaming?

Using the Novadreamer, other that that I don’t really know.
But I think that if you do RCs a lot when you see your dream sign IRL. You will get your dreamsign more in your dreams too.

Depends on how many times I see certain things. Usually some 10-15 a day I believe.

Last night I became lucid from a RC for the first time ever. Usually I use them in dreams to confirm the fact that I’m dreaming.

When nobody’s watching, i try to draw a circle in the air. Otherwise I might look at the sun to see if it hurts, or ask myself if I’m supposed to be here.

An interesting question! :cool: Sometimes I’ll try to imagine what would happen now if this was a dream. Things like “If this was a dream, there would be two moons in the sky, or the next customer in my shop would be a football player!” I don’t know if that technique gets me more dreamsigns though.

These days, never. I used to have a watch that would beep on the hour to remind me, but I’ve found they’re not really necessary any longer.

My first few LDs were the direct result of perform reality checks during the day. I’ve noticed a lot of people seem to have their first (or first few) LDs this way. They also serve to enhance control over a dream, even when you don’t rely on them to initiate the awareness in the first place.

My most common was always the digital watch RC. I had a watch with me at all times, so it was always convenient to glance at it a few times intermitted during the day. It doesn’t even look conspicuous to people who might be watching.

I guess if you started taking more notice of common events in waking life, you’d have more luck recognizing when they’re different or peculiar in a dream. The general rule is, the more time you spend thinking about lucidity while awake (includes RCs), the more chance you’ll reiterate over the topic while asleep, and hence you have a better shot at triggering an LD.

Whenever I think to do one.(need a damn watch)

I’d say about 1/3 of my LD’s are from them.

I count my fingers and Hold my nose shut and try to inhale though it.

No Idea.

I usually perform RC’s just out of nowhere (think its better than routine for complicated reasons) and whenever i feel things are ‘odd’ or ‘not right’ so the number is hard to tell…i would say at least 5 ‘full’ RC’s a day.

Definitely. For me, it is part of the most effective method for me to have LDs - the method basically being accumulative subconscious conditioning + working on increasing awareness (so as to notice change and intuition) + seriously questioning reality (RC) whenever i feel things are ‘odd’ or ‘not right’ and just out of nowhere for no reason (sub-c conditioning). Though i dont get LD’s terribly often (maybe 1 every week or something? not sure), im happy with the current frequency. :grin:

I do not really stick with a specific RC (if by that you mean like checking hands, feet, whatever). What i do is stop what im doing, focus on my surroundings and on my body, and seriously question reality. Like my consciousness just does a shift to a heightened awareness, as i search for the ‘dream feeling’ (which i am familiar with now) which is if my surroundings feel ‘close/warm’ to me…its very hard to describe tho, but it works if i do not let myself be distracted or something…and results in that rush of lucidity (dream feeling then felt in full). However, when im doing them IRL i like to back them up w/ physical RC like checking out my hand or my chapstick (LOL now i do!) expecting a surprise when the mental consciousness RC fails - which has yet to happen in a dream (tho it did once in a very recent ND/LD that i wont post, it being too personal in which i didnt do ‘physical backup after mental fail’ as far as i remember, im not too sure about my lucidity and the ‘situation’ was very different)

Um, what? who? :tongue: I guess if I were to sit around all day, every day, picking up and dropping a pen, that would carry on over into my dreams, thus another dreamsign (you know what i mean, forming habit or familiar places ie school, work, park, mall, whatever which carries over into dreams more than once and thus being a possible dreamsign). Unless im misunderstanding the question, and you really mean ‘get the idea that you may be dreaming’ to which id say "do more RC’s and question your surroundings more, ie notice and question change and odd feelings and you’ll do be more likely to notice whatever bizarre/uncommon events in your dreams and thus start to question…then BAM! :grin:

Right now, I’d say about two or three times an hour.

Yes, the RC I’m currently using pretty much always works. It has only failed me once since I started using it somewhat less than one year ago.

I count the fingers on my right hand. Whenever I do it in a dream, it will have a stupid amount of fingers. When it’s to dark to count fingers (e.g. in my bedroom at night), I plug my nose and try to breathe.

I suppose if you look for dreamsigns while awake, you’ll have a better chance at noticing them at night. I don’t know it this would cause you to get more dreamsigns though.