phantom pains prevent my WILDs

every now and again when i try to hypnotize myself theres this small place under my left eye that begins to feel as though its being jabbed by a large flat-headed screw driver. I know this sounds weird but it seems the more i try to ignor it the more it gets in the way. the more i just let it do its thing the more painful it gets. if its some kind of muscle spasm no amount of massage seems to work it out. its very troubling. if its not happening i can move pretty easily into the WILD state… when its happening i really cant even get anywhere. its pretty rough. anyone have any ideas??

Hmm…This sounds a little bit like a different topic (not sure where it is atm, sry), but I really have no experience with this…

Primarily, all I wanted to say is I can’t help, and welcome to the forums. :slight_smile: Surely someone around here has an idea.

This seems hard to give advice for. It really sound unique, but familar.

Sometimes when I try WILD my heart can beat uncomfortably fast, or I may become hot and sweat. It’s also a problem for my skin to itch and actually become painful until I scratch it. Or, my mouth produces too much salvia and I’m constantly breaking my concentration swallowing, or licking my lips to keep them moist. … I can go on.

To avoid this it’s essential to become totally comfortable before you try to relax into a WILD. I usually rub my body down so an itch doesn’t form while I’m relaxing, and I take a large gulp of water to keep my mouth moist.
After I’m comfortable in bed it’s essential to quickly direct my mind elsewhere. I try counting my breath, but I don’t focus on keeping the right numbers. I mainly focus on my chest rising and falling.

I suspect your “pain” is totally mental and that you can easily overcome this. Try your best to believe that this isn’t a problem, and then don’t give this problem any thought at all. The more energy and thought you give it the more it may become an actual problem.

take-care!

have u recieved an organ from a transplant? if u have, then that mey be it. some scientists are doing research on the idea that memories are also transplanted with an organ.

an example of this was a young girl who had recieved a heart. the one that she got it from was killed, and the killer wasnt found. but then she started having nightmares, which were so real that she needed a shrink. the shrink eventually found out that the nightmares, which were almost the same every time, were infact the donors view of his last moments of life. the little girl saw the whole thing so well, that with her help, the killer was found in less than a month…

now that, is weird.

Whoa…

spooky to the max

When i have a WILD, many things happen. Ive got to say, the weirdest feelings i have are right there, besides when i hit my head real hard once. Creepy feelings go over me, and this does NOT include the paralized state.
But, when ur paralized, its VERY exciting to know that ur about to dream. Though, i usually dont know what to do when in this state.

Lucidlover: hi and welcome to the forum! Im new too :razz:

How long is it since you started reading about LDing?

Happy Dreaming

Do you have Adhd or another simular disorder? Im no expert but a friend of mine has adhd and has trouble going with WILD, or is it MILD? I get the 2 confused.

Just like DreamAddict, I always start itching or salivating. About a week ago my salivation problem became so bad that I couldn’t even sleep and would often feel sick from swallowing so much along with the air bubbles. Then it just quit.

Maybe soon, you’ll do what I did, and your problem will reach a point where you easily become delirious and when it can’t get worse will quit.