The Wikibook || Odd comment

Oh yeah, that image needs to be public domain or GPL. Elsewise whap off it has to go. In fact, I just checked the site and it’s copyright. I took it off. Sorry.

An idiot changed the wikibook contents (Lucid dreams=>wanking dreams).

Yeah… took a while (14 hours I think) for somebody to change it back. But never mind, there are far more positive edits than negative ones! :smile:

There’s more somewhere, but I think I deleted those PMs in a cleanup operation. Pretty good collection here, anyway.

I’ve made a few edits here and there. Hope you don’t mind. I’ve signed myself in the author section so you should be able to figure out my username.

The paragraph on Food and drink in the section on induction techniques of the wikibook says: ‘Ayahuasca cacti’ Ayahuasca is a brew of psychoactive plants but does not contain cacti to my knowledge. Maybe someone forgot to press the enter key so the words didn’t separate.

And why is there so little warning about the dangers of the other psychoactive sustances? It olny says ‘Not recommended!’…

Sorry for the slow reply.

I do not know anything about these substances neither do I wish to research them. The wikibook already tells you to research those further. If you wish you can put up further warning yourself.

Wikibooks is now set up “interlanguage”. The new address is https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreaming.

The older addresses https://wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreaming and https://wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming will continue to work.

I’ve seen in many posts on the forum there that a lot of people don’t know anything about the little coloured dots everybody see when closing ones eyes, which are called phosphenes.
They confuse them with hypnagogic imagery. It will be good to put a definition in the wikibook.

Um… OK, I’m going to be really nasty in this post. Forgive.

Yeah, it really would be good, wouldn’t it? Why not go and do it yourself? All you need to do is go and type “define:phosphenes” at Google, and rephrase the result before adding it.

There are no results. Anyway: I know nothing about phosphenes. I’ve added them anyway.

well if you take out the “define” part of it then you will come up with a few sites that define it.

Don’t shoot the messenger…

I love you r3m0t smoooches :love: You work hard on the wiki, but replies here are to only help you.
One day you’ll wake up on the right side of the bed. :puh:

No, I don’t really work hard. The whole point is actually so that I can say…

“What, you want it more detailed? You want acceptance of minority techniques? You want a change in formatting? Do it yourself!”

:smile:

Heh, infection0 has changed his signature again so that it’s even more flattering. Thank you ever so much.

Consider changing to the new address… it makes the page look a bit simpler and load a bit faster, without the redirect to en.wikibooks.org and the “Redirected from ‘Lucid dreaming’” text.

wasn’t that hard…

phos·phene Pronunciation Key (fsfn)
n.

A sensation of light caused by excitation of the retina by mechanical or electrical means rather than by light, as when the eyeballs are pressed through closed lids.

Complicated. You mean my eyelids have batteries in them? :wink:

So is that also what happens whenever you close your eyes and don’t press on them?

probably since the eyelids do rest on the eyeballs, just very lightly so to some degree i would guess yes.

but overall i know as mush about it as you lol.

although i remember in junior school i used to press on them and image i was in a space fighter n shit because i got the effect of flying through weird tunnels and space. Go figure. There some info you neither wanted nor need :wink:

I just discovered that there were Wikipedia and Wikibooks. :confused:
What are the difference between them ?

Grr… I swear I posted a reply.

Again: Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, while Wikibooks is a repository of books (esp textbooks).

The text of the Lucid Dreaming wikibook would not be allowed in Wikipedia, as it is not encyclopedic. However, it’s bookish, so it’s in Wikibooks. :smile:

Please r3m0t, don’t beat me ! I promise i’ll don’t do it again !

I meant that it was deleted.