Pain?

Yeah you can feel pain. But as everyone has said, it generally isn’t a sharp pain. It’s more of a dull one.

You may feel pain, and then wake up and still feel it. This isn’t injuries carried through from the dream, just that you were sleep in an awkard position, and you’re subconcious made you dream of being hurt to give reason for the pain.

i just remembered this one time when i recently ran as fast as i could and slammed my head into a wall…

now that did hurt, quite a bit… but it was also kind of cool.

it wasn’t something i wanted to try again though.

It’s interesting because falling from buildings and hitting the ground doesn’t hurt at all, but that really did, for some reason.

Perhaps this is because your subconscious is unable to simulate the feelings of crashing through the ground, but can do slamming a head into a wall.

Well, someone try and do something that would cos alot of pain but has enver experinced before (such as skining yourself alive…) and see what the result is. Then try a normal pain that you HAVE experinced before. (tripping over being stung or summit).

When I was younger, and had LDs all the time, I never experienced pain when I was lucid, or if I did it was very mild. When I was in a normal dream though, I sometimes experienced intense pain, even if I had never been in the situation before in my life. For instance, one time I had a dream that there was a guy punching me in the stomach with a bag of rocks…now that hurt, especially since I was only 6 or 7. I’m sure the pain would have been different in real life, but I still could feel it. When I woke up it was gone, so I know it wasn’t anything my sub-conscious was trying to do.

I agree with holy reality, pain in ND is much more frightening and real because you believe the pain is real, in LD’s though you can just dismiss the pain because you know you can’t be hurt.
I guess if you wanted to though you could feel pain in a LD… if that does it for you :grrr:

I remember a dream where i was being chased by locuses or something, when they would bite me, it felt like getting slapped with a piece of cardboard… dont quite know why

recently i dreamt that i was at the beach, and this little rabbit ran up to me and bit me in the balls. It was THE most painful thing ever, it was so sharp and intense and i couldnt make it let go…unbearable. And thankfully, ive never had the displeasure of having that happen in real life.

Sometimes I dream that I am falling from somewhere high . When I wake up , I feel the EXACT same sensation as if I were really falling ( Remember that I am laying on the bed )

I have that too sometimes, i recall the dream very good whenever that happens, so it’s not a bad thing for me :smile:

I haven’t had lucid dreams yet, but I do get that falling sensation. Quite scary. :bored:

i would have to say that if the stab was so shocking or it got you excite dor something such as in a nightmare, most likely you would wake up as soon as the knife touched you and just have a cold sweat IRL.

I had an LD a few days ago where I was in a building. I jumped up and grabbed onto the rafters, and it felt like something was cutting into my hand, very painful, but as soon as I let go it went away.

Also in LD’s I have tried to put my hand very hard through a wall which hurt as much as if I had punched a wall as hard as I could in real life. In other LD’s I have flown and scraped my knees against a wall, which hurt badly.

In ND’s I’ve been kicked where it hurts which also hurt, quite a bit.

i think that it could also have something to do with how vivid the dream is to you.

In my first LD I fell down on my arse and didn’t feel anything…maybe cause I woke up right away? :eh:

ive had a rhino bite my leg in an ld, it was exremely intense pain. i conjured up a gun and tried to shoot the rhino in the head but it wouldent let go so i shot myself

i’ve had pain in a nightmare before, but it wasn’t that intense. It was when my brother took a chainsaw to my head…

I don’t know if you would have the actual pain of getting stabbed. For me it seems like when I get hurt in a dream, a surge of slight tingly pain goes through my whole body. Very similar from when you jump from a high place and land with a jolt. Hitting the ground sends a quick pain through your whole body bacause of the stress of coming to the sudden stop.

For the last two nights I’ve had dreams of feeling un-well. In one I felt sick and dizzy and nearly collapsed. In the other, I kept having black-outs (I don’t have them in real life). I was walking with someone and started daydreaming. I suddenly awoke feeling like 2min had gone by. But the person with me said 15min and then I started getting worried and miserable.

I either feel pain as it would in RL or I don’t feel it at all.

As for pinching, I remember having a dream where I won lots of money and a car. I pinched myself because I knew I was in a dream and I felt nothing. I wanted it to be a dream so bad so I kept pinching myself harder and harder trying to make it hurt. Eventually it did. XD