Just a couple questions

ok, so i am new to this whole idea, and have yet to have a lucid dream, but i thought i would ask a couple of questions anyway.

First question: I have heard of people who actually write while they sleep. I’m not sure what it is they write, but anyway, the question is, does anybody know anything about this (if not, oh well, because this is about lucid dreams, right?) and do you think it possible to somehow trian yourself to be writing something in a dream but at the same time be writing down while you lay in your bed?

second question: i have also heard that your mind can remember things in great detail, even if you yourself can’t remember it. Kind of like when people don’t remember things but someone hypnotises them and then they can remember. Anyway, in a dream can you recall things like this, even if normally you couldn’t remember them in great detail?

last question: Say you could play the piano (not me, you. i only wish i could). anyway, could you, say, make a piano in your dream, and then learn yourself a new song, and be able to remember how to play it when you woke up? I don’t even know if you would want to do this, what with all the other things you could be doing in a dream, but it is just a question.

Well, thanks for any help, and sorry if i sound like an idiot, i just don’t know all that much yet as i haven’t experienced it for myself.

OK, first two questions, no idea, that’s over meh head. :content:

Last question: Yes, that is possible. People actually can and DO play piano and instruments and compose in their dream. You might see some examples in the “Fruits of Lucidity” board. Good stuff.

Welcome to the boards!

1st quetion i dont belive you can write while you sleep maybe be possible but i dont think it is. Second yes your mind does remember stuff in great detail that you forget untill you see it again. lastly its allready been awnsered good enough.

i’m sure you could write during a light stage of sleep, but it would be difficult…

you might be talking about sort of a freewriting thing where you just sort of trance out while typing and stuff ends up ont he keyboard… i do that sometimes where i just barely think of something i want to type but decide not to type it, but it accidentally gets typed instead of what i was initially typing…

i’ve never tried to sort of let go and see what i type freely, though.

if you were in REM sleep though, i didn’t think you would be able to move IRL, would you?

1: I know something about it but nothing useful. My mother could do this although i have no idea of the things she wrote. That’s about the most i can tell you.

2: Yes many things are stored in your subconscious and long term memory. Say you walk past a room and the tv is on your subconscious can remember this and it may manifest in a dream at some point. Another good example would be school friends. when i dream i can see people from school in perfect detail even the people i never really spoke to or paid much attenotion to at all.
So yes these things do come out in dreams in perfect detail.

3: Theoretically yes. Whether it would work in practice is another matter. Maybe someone who could LD at will and plays an instrument should try this and let us all know :smile:

No such things as stupid questions… we all had to learn these things ourselves at one point.

1. I have no idea. All I can tell you is that I can’t do it.

2. I believe this is possible but, is just my opinion. I believe everything you see, hear, experience etc. is stored into your mind and is accessible via your subconscious. I believe that during a lucid dream you could have access to that information and even relive that moment if you want.

3. I believe so. I used to be into martial arts and during my daily commutes on the bus I used to visualize my forms. I found that this helped to improve my skills and that was just with visualization. Can you imagine what a lucid dream could do?

Sorry dubble post :sad:

thanks a lot. hopefully sometime soon i can become lucid, and test some of this out for myself.

Just this morning I had an incredible lucid half-dream. I knew I was in my bed, but I wasn’t really asleep. Anyway, I was writing pages and pages of this novel, and it was brilliant writing and I though "why can’t I write this well IRL? but soon after, I woke up and couldn’t remember a thing. :cry:

bobsmith:

I hope you mean when you have your first lucid dream. Try and stay positive.

I agree with that.
I think that when people have a déjà vu experience, (they feel they have lived before), the reason is something they remember. (But maybe something they don’t remember much).