Obsessed with me dream diary?

I have been “practising” dream recall fer a few days now and its working finemang as I would say. Im able to recall more and more with each nights passing though Im starting to feel alittle bit worried about me obsession with writing the dream diary… The problem is that whenever I start noticing the slightly intension that im dreaming I think that I better write this down in me dreamdiary (this all happens very fast) before I forget about it. So now I wake up about 3 times a night to write me dream diary, which is good in one way cause I get alot of content in me diary :tongue:. But shouldnt I be getting a “Wait im dreaming, Lucid yippey!” train of thought instead of “Im dreaming, oh better wake up and write this down so I dont forget it”?. A year back I was doing about the same routine and had a couple of lucid dreams and back then I got the lucid message whenever I realised I was dreaming. (Been in the military for 10 months and its impossible to have any lucid dreams there so now I have been starting it all up again). I rather have lucid dreams than theese must-write-diary-wake-up dreams. :help:

I’ve had similar experiences triggered by my alarm clock. I would wake up without thinking in my dream and then regret it later. I guess it just takes a lot of conditioning. Keep at it and keep your intention to stay in your dream, eventually you should get it.

Either way, at least the thought of lucid dreaming is starting to filter into your dreams. Don’t worry you are on the right track. You might want to start doing RC (if you are not already) and remind yourself as you fall asleep that “I will recognize when I am dreaming”( or something like that).

Good luck and happy dreaming

wow i wish i was that zeakous about writing my dreams down, i wake up and say “ah i don’t want to write them down” and fall back asleep totally forgetting my dream.

Maybe next time you should try doing a mantra before you go to sleep such as “when i realize that i am dreaming i will not worry about writing it down but go lucid” or something like that, i noe its a little long and hard to remember all of it when you are falling asleep but try thinking of something shorter and try it, who noes maybe it will work and maybe it won’t but it couldn’t hurt…

Thanks fer the feedback :smile:

Gonna get started right away and maybe tonight will be the night…

Lucidity here I come! :cool_laugh: