astral projection

i know quite a bit about astral projection, your astral for- I’ll tell you later. if you have any info on astral projection, post here.

paranormality.com/astral_pro … faqs.shtml

Hope this link helps.

heh, I am so interested in astral projection. I have read a few books about it, took an online course, read tons of websites… a lot of my spiritual beliefs are influenced by it.

When i first started researching on this and the like, this was the first site i came across (and IMO among the best)

https://www.astralvoyage.com

Ive never come across that site and I look for such sites often. I think that was a avery well put together page. A lot of the information on it was presented in a pretty easy to understand format. Nice.

I read a lot about this process. I haven’t really put my will into attempting it yet, however. I think I feel like I don’t have the time to devote to it… to relax and experiment right now. I do desire the experience though…

Ive read Astral Dynamics, Conscious Dreaming/Dream Gates, Ultimate Journey… Ive listened to lectures on Shamanic Journeying and drumming; all very interesting. I think its a fascinating subject.

i don’t really believe in this stuff perse, I can tell a lot of it is just the same as dreaming.

I somehow WILDed into an OBE last night where I saw some weird stuff about a killer…

I drew a crappy picture and posted about it in todays dream diary entry in that respective forum.

I’m not sure I’d call it an OBE or not, I was floating away from my body down my hallway like I often do, and i let it control me because I didn’t want to wake up, as I thought I had just fallen asleep…

(and i had opened my chakras before that, come to think of it! maybe opening chakras will mean successful immediate nightime wilds)

*i say floating away from my body, but of course my body was not on my bed.

at one time iw as looking at my entertainment stand thing and it looked semi real though, i had a hard time figuring out what it is what, but some thigns looked wrong, there were cds stacked in the see through glass part, and ther are only 4 in it in real life, not as many as I recall seeing.

holy reality if i could project like you i dont think i would be wasting my time with lucid dreaming. astral projection seems much funner and spiritual to me. and by the way do you live in Oklahoma?

Isn’t astral projection and such things unpleasant or scary?
I have never experienced it, and I am happy for that…

Anyone here who have experienced it, could you tell me if it is scary or not?

I personally believe that i have experienced it. Ive posted my most recent one in my DJ, if you wanna have a look. :tongue:

True, there are many similarities between LD and OBE, but there are also distinct differences, a lot of them hard to describe, unfortunately.

I wouldnt say that it isnt scary at all. Its just…different, hard to describe. For one, its like your vision is all weird, you can see everything at once but at the same time its ‘normal’ field of view. It is very awe inspiring, especially my first experience (which i’ll one of these days get around to posting in my DJ :tongue: ), left me feeling very different for a couple days. Its also changed me permanently, made me a believer of such - of there being something more than a physical body (a soul, in other words), and i am no longer afraid of what happens after death.

I came across that site several years ago - back when there werent as many. I think it may have been one of the first on such a topic. But anyways, it was the site i referred to and learned how to myself pursue AP. Very informative, speaking about the whole process, the different steps, having different viewpoints on it, etc.

Whenever i practice it (less often these days, i must admit :tongue: ) its either when i initially go to bed or when i wake up naturally throughout the night. In my opinion, it doesnt intrude into my schedule (though sometimes i juggle 'should i try to LD/AP, or should i get up to go to work? hmmm :tongue: )

I started out with Robert Monroe (Ultimate Journey #3, Journeys Out of the Body #1, Far Journeys #2) and still work with his gateway voyage.
Rosalind McKnight and Bruce Moen (only read the first book) are good accounts on using hemi-sync and phasing, both worked with Monroe.

Astral Dynamics, Robert Bruce is the most in-depth book on the subject and much beyond.

In Robert Moss’ Dreamgates he shows how much dreaming and projection overlap.

William Buhlman and Robert Peterson are interesting, also exploring a little of how they found LDing and Projection different.

Personally, I call these Projections for now, simply because they feel different than LDs, they are not real OBEs, and the word Astral is both confusing and very advanced to talk about. I feel WILD/LD and Projection deserve equal respect as both complement each other.

if you could project like me you’d realize it’s the same as lucid dreaming, just … a different way of going about it.

i think it happens in NREM sleep, too… or something.

and yeah AP/OBE can be quite terrifying, even when you’ve done it a few times…

this one time I got a really good OBE but I was so scared I made myself wake up, It really pisses me off to think of it now (happened abuot a month ago) because it was just a random BAM i’m vibrating kind of thing, and it might have been closer to a “real” experience in the physical, which is something I want to achieve, but haven’t so far.

Maybe I’ll give the playing card trick another go… (putting a random card down and trying to read it while lucid or OBE)

and yes I do live in OK, I suppose a lot of people would consider us heretics out here, lol… or “satanists”

I’ve managed it once but card was just like in a LD. I believe it is very much possible still, even from a LD.