Dreamviews

Awhile back i was brousing the net for ld stuff, as you do- and i found this site

dreamviews.com/forum

im sure you have all seen it as well but when i first saw it i dissmissed it.
However for my mediastudies work we are making a mag article on whatever we want aimed at a certain TAG(target audience grouping) i decided id do mine on lucid dreaming so i could both spread the word and write what i know heaps about, anyway to cut a short story even shorter i joined that other forum(id looked b4 but hadnt joined), has anyone else here joined that? But i had to do an RC after looking at this site, its so alike ld4all.com but at the same time slightely different, they have topics on almost the same stuff, just different wordings.

its like some other dimension where ld4all (or dreamveiws to be fair) were just constructed slightly differently and all the people have different nicknames but the same personalities, im sure you would find moogle like characters(sorry moogle but you are so well recognised) and other similiar types.

I feel like im missing sumthing big here, did everyone else use that other site all along? i asked over there and i site admin said that its all cool to use both sites and that some people are members of both and that we all spread the lucid word(nice guy) but then some other guy came on and pleged his allience to dreamveiws.

when i first found it sometime in the last year i thought it was made by someone from ld4all and that it would all be the same/similiar stuff, but… i have now come to relize that the combined knowledge of the 3 forums(ld4all,sealife and dreamviews) is better than just 1 or 2, There are heaps of posts on both sites that do not appear on the other, for example on the dream veiws there is a post with links to all the best LDing sites that this person has found, and there are heaps there that i have never found in all my 4 years of LD googleing.

So definatly look guys because you can only learn more than you already know-right?..(confused myself with that little porverb, feel free to qoute me on that)
Also dreamviews has recently reached its 1 yr aniversary and has 1000 active members(the admin deletes unused accounts)

But isent it weird? the people over there dont even know about ld4all(or they saw it and dissmissed it because it looked the same) and the majority of people at ld4all arent even aware of this other site ill bet, its like 2 cultures developing the same way almost completely seperated by each other. I wonder if they were left alone long enough they might begin some kind of lucid dreaming war?

I love that idea
:happy:

woops, was a double post but i stoppd it dead in its tracks

It’s always like that…
I’m on two different boards of a band I like, and yes, it’s like a war.
“they stole our design”
“There are only teenies over there”
“They just steal the news from the official homepage”
“It’s the place for all the banned people…”
And so on. :content:
Quite childish, I think.

I’ve been looking around at dreamviews, and I think I prefer this board anyway.

Cool, have never seen it before. I haven’t really got the time for another forum, but still it’s nice to know about it :smile:

tapir

Ah…thats why my passy didn’t work. :eh:

I joined a few months back but I don’t think I ever got around to posting there at all. I did see some distinct personality types over there which I could swear were LD4All members using different nicks and avatars. LoL

It all seemed a little pointless to try to cram 2 forums worth of information into my already confused head. So here I am.

LD4All is STILL my favorite website in the world.

Fey~

I found Dreamviews the same time I found this one. I guess I just decided to get into this forum cause I got most of my initial lucid dream information from this site. Right off the bat ld4all.com has quick and understandable information. You have to look around and pick through stuff at Dreamviews to get the info you want there, but they have a lot of indeph information you won’t find here. It seems that both have their stregnths, I just stick with one board, its enough to keep me busy.

Looking at a similiar topic i put over on dreamviews about ld4all(and a small bit about sealife of course) we have a positve response, most people stick to one forum for times sake i geuss, 2 or 3 forums can take up a bit of time. But as you say downward~spiral they do both have their strengths, the set up is different for both but neither is better, i think they both work well in different ways but the knowledge supplied on both is different, sure we do share some of the same topics with the same ideas but we both also have different topics on different stuff. Also the fact we share similiar topics is benificial in that we can see a different point of veiw from different people.
they do like us over there so theres no reason we shouldnt like them right on back.
LD4ALL
DREAMVIEWS
SEALIFE
with their powers combined we are the all powerfull LUCID DREAMING FORUMS!!!

:peek:

:grin: i come in peace. i’ll try to post here but dreamviews is my true love. :tongue:

i’m noticing the similarities and differences too. also if you found our main site hard to follow we recently revamped it and rewrote all info to make it more user friendly for n00bies.

peace out, jake

How about a lucid dream forum coalition. Merge into one almighty formum. That would be pretty cool. I’m sure that would piss a lot of people off though.

yeah i don’t think a merger would be good. a little competition is good… i mean what are we? communist? sheesh! :grin:

WELCOME ADIDAS, i recognise you from the short while i have been on dreamviews.

When i first saw the two sites and how alike there were it amazed me that no contact had been made earlier…i wanted to tread lightly because i wasent sure how people felt about the other.

I think that an alience could be made within all 3 forums, such as the one between ld4all and sealife, it can only help people find new information.
but i think people need to be asked first as im sure it might be too much of a shock for some people, the sites are so alike that there is always the issue of competition, although it appears that there is none at the moment if we were aligned we would need to be carefull that a coca cola/pepsi war doesnt begin, both site target the same market, LDers.

what are peoples thoughts? Should the parrallel evolution continue or should we introduce them to each other?

I think any effort to help people understand and learn about their dreams is a great thing. I’ve always thought LD4all is supportive of Not for profit lucid dreaming sites, and sharing these resources amongst each other.
It’s luxury to have variety, and if other quality lucid dreaming forums exist then I think it’s great! :happy:

I keep up with new dreaming and lucidity related websites, but never have time to involve myself with others. LD4all (come.to/lucid) has been my lucid dreaming site of choice for many years. It’s internationally diverse culture attracted me here, and it’s what makes LD4all stand out from the others. I value the diverse perspectives this community provides. I crave to be around people of all types, cultures, religions, beliefs, and nationality. I especially value international perspectives when collaborating about dreams. :cool:

DreamViews is impressive. I would consider it the second best lucid dreaming site/forum. :wink: ahem Ld4all is #1 It also is more designed for broadband using large avatars and extremely long signatures that include large images and animations. If you want to feel rebellious from ld4all and show your new anime signature this looks like the place to do it! :happy:
In order for us to serve the “all” in “LD4all” we must remember our dialup users as well. :lol:

Hi!

I am from dreamviews as well (but not under this name).
I’ve been lurking here for a while, just looking around. Like adidas, dreamviews is my first love, but I will show up every now and again here.

Are we indeed #2 and #3 ( I assume Lucidity.com is #1), or is there another monster lucid dreaming site that we don’t know about?

i think it would be best to think of them as equals, they both (as i said above) have stuff that the other does not.
and sealife is completely unnique and nothing like the other two.

i got it the first time chief. :wink:

nice way to put it sme_bro, I agree … but I still think both of these forums are levels above what they have at lucidity.com :wink:

I think that actually dreamviews.com has better categories in the forums. It takes a very practical seperation of the forums - a “What do you have problems with?” sort of approach. The ld4all.com categories are a bit messy.

i used to be in dreamviews, but they threw me out becose i was to cool for them :cool:

it was cool but i laik it here too

ohhh god not you. stay away from this kid. :bored: puts on pink floyd, dark side of the moon deep breaths jake… deep breaths.

Padfoot, your account was suspended because you lied about your age. I remember Seeker saying something about you being allowed back in when he got your COPPA form.