what did you call lucid dreams before you knew it was LD?

lol. I saw a program about them years ago, which was the first I knew of them, but I misheard it as “elusive dreaming”, which is actually quite appropriate

I believe I searched for ‘conscious dreaming’ on google at first.

My mother and two of my brothers have the natural ability to LD. We always said “you know…when you know you are dreaming” :cool:

I think I just searched for “dreaming”

A TV program? :eek: what was it?

Ive never had an LD but I knew a guy years ago who told me he could sometimes realise he was dreaming and then control the dream, he just called it “realising your dreaming” lol…

I didnt properly find out about LD’ing until years later though :sad:

-Viper X

really? how long have you been trying?

about 3 months :sad:

i called it “dreaming” yup thats right before i knew that LDs where a different type of dreaming to NDs i didn’t classify it as anything other than dreaming.

Nor have i ever searched about it i found LD4all looking for astral projection and remote veiwing tips. lol

I remember when I was very young… I thought I was doing something in my sleep where I became aware.

I was very young that time… I didn’t even know that it was called dreaming! And in plus… lucid dreaming!

It was weird, yeah… lol

i’d be like “do you ever have a dream where you know you are dreaming and can control it? I have had a few”

when I was a kid

I’ve only had one in my young ages other than a miserably failed WILD (it was so good it turned into a nightmare and turned me off my natural ability I had to WILD… it was the first time I had ever done it that I could recall, it was so incredibly natural… just… so easy… :sad: ) and so well… I guess it’s just a topic people talk about though, and that’s usually how they refer to lucid dreaming.

I called it “a dream where you know it’s a dream” or “controlling your dreams”.

'A dream, only it doesn’t film like a film your watching, but that your actually there and make choices and control yourself and stuff.

It was really cool.’

I called the Awake Dreams :tongue:

I think I have a unique one here… When I was younger I used to LD all the time (like 13 years old… so 7 or so years ago)… I thought something was wrong with me because I had frequent LDs and no one else I knew did.

I would always ask my friends “Have you ever ‘woken up inside a dream’?” That is really the feeling… like you have suddenly woken up, but you are still dreaming.

:smile:

Pist, that is the funniest story! Lucy dreaming. . .Sally dreaming. LOL. Thanks for the laugh! :rofl:

Sadly, I never knew conscious dreaming existed until my mom bought my brother a book called, get this, Lucid Dreaming. Cool, hunh?!

[color=indigo]Thanks! I was looking for a way to describe it better, I don’t know, I have a wierd longing to describe things to myself, things that I don’t really know HOW to describe. That’s exactly how it feels…great stuff!

Oh and yeah…sally dreaming. I must be the only person in the whole world to have SUCH a bad memory, and such a stupid boring way of saying stuff! sally dreaming…wtf?[/color]

I was often lucid in nightmares, so I could wake up. I thought about a dream with full control, and things that I could do in it, but I didn’t know that it was possible, but I thought it was only my fantasy.
I never needed to name it, though.

Just called it “controled dreaming”

i had seen the nova dreamer(or maybe that other one that was bfore it) on a tv show called ‘beyond 2000’ sumtime in the 1990’s it said all this cool stuff that you could(claimed that it was the enext virtual reality-wheres the first?) do and i was very interested but the school library had nothing on it and at the time i didnt even know how to use a computer let alone the internet(not that there would have been anything like this even if i had) anyway years passed,
i went to a bording school, 2 more years passed and i came to senior part of the bording school where the net is always available…one day i recalled that thing i had seen on the TV show and searched for ‘concious dreaming’ and i think also ‘awake dreaming’ because thats what the show had made it out to be (‘a light that wakes you up enough to still be in your dreams’) and i found what it was really called, that was all of 4 years ago…the early days were fustrating but still fun.

I called it conscious dreaming then!
That was in 1984 :content:

I called it dream control. That’s what I first searched for on the Internet. I did see Waking Life and that was what reminded me of LDs, and I heard the term ‘lucid dreams’ mentioned in it, but I couldn’t remember the word ‘lucid’ when i was searching. I don’t think I’ve ever used it when not discussing LDs :tongue: .