The BIG Cat Lover & Dog Lover Topic II

Here’s 1 last 1:
https://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v260/andra016/Baby_on_bed.jpg

My dog:

One of my cats (she who sleeps in my bed…)

Kat, your kitty is soo cute!

Well thank u patient_career_of_sleep ^_^.

Updating my info.

My old girl ‘Bonnie’ passed away at 15 years old just last weekend. She was a birthday present I got when I was 16. We got her from the RSPCA when she was just a cute fluffy bundle. She was a gorgeous blue cattle dog with a little white spot on her forehead.
She was a healthy happy puppy for many years. No major illnesses and only seemed to show her age over the last 2-3 years when her eyes and ears started failing. In the end, she was totally blind and almost 100% deaf.
She’d had a few run-ins with my kitties, nearly blinding my mother cat ‘Tricksy’ when she was just a kitty. You have to expect that, its a dog eat cat world…lol.

I am happy she isn’t suffering anymore but I miss her a lot. I don’t have a lot of photographs of her but the few I do have are very cute. I’ll post them to my journal one day so you can have a look.

I have a new kitty. guilty look on face

I’d been having weird dreams about cats for a while and one day on my journey home I passed the pet shop and seen the scrawniest looking kitten in the world. It looked so lonely and miserable. It was hunched up in the corner of the glass cage and wasn’t interacting with the other kitties at all. I contemplated sneaking in and stealing it away from the nasty pet shop…LoL The shop wasn’t officially open yet so I didn’t go in, I left and spent the next 24 hours stressing out about it.

Next day I went back there. He was still hunched up in his corner. It looked like he hadn’t even moved. I asked about him. He was a 12 week old siamese. Apparently he was fussy with his food…uh huh. That explains the skeleton look then I guess!! I was desperate to take this little guy home but they wanted $4oo for him!!

Again, I left to contemplate the situation. I hadn’t even cuddled him yet, I’d just observed him from afar (probably thought I was a kitty stalker). I’d made up my mind that if he was still there after the weekend, I’d HAVE to take him no matter what!!

I went in the following monday morning as soon as the shop had opened and paid the $4oo for the poor kitty. They told me I couldn’t take him home yet as he was under observation by the vet due to his not eating. They said it was due to the stress of being in a pet shop with kids banging on the glass cage etc…ARGHHH!!! I tried to plead, beg and argue that he would be better off out of the shop and in a home environment. They didn’t budge. He stayed there another 4-5 days.

He weighed 500g when I took him home. 500g for a 12 week old kitten is pretty pathetic. Four weeks later, he is still very little but he’s not skin and bones anymore. He’s weighing 1350g. He’s getting along fine with my 2 kitties Sigh and PK. The other older cats are a bit jealous of him because he’s been getting heaps of attention and sleeps in my bed on his own hot water bottle which is covered in a cute cat teddy bear thing.

It took him a week or 2 to start liking food. He’d only eats fresh chicken willingly, anything else I had to feed it to him by hand, he hated eating from a cat dish. Now…he eats like a little pig. He loves fresh meat, some veges, cooked prawns and will eat his own kitty food and the big cats food if they leave any.

He’s only just started to play like a kitten over the past week or so, before that he was very quiet and withdrawn. I named him Mhusi. It has 2 meanings, firstly I couldn’t think of a name. Then I named him ‘Is Uhmmmm’ spelt backwards. Mhusi is also the way I’d say mousy with my scottish accent. As in: ‘He looks like a wee mousy’.

Anyway, here’s a pic of him smooching with my other 2 kitties.

Shes a small tabby. Apart from sleeping she me-ows constantly, likes a lot of attention.

This seems to be the right topic to mention that there has been a cat in my two previous LDs. I’m wondering why, since I can’t really remember dreaming about any cat before.

And I don’t have a cat IRL, but I have had quite a few before.
One cat that I had would always look both ways before crossing any road. And one night my dad was joking about killing the cat and in the morning she had been run over by a car.

We are still wondering if she was so smart that she understood what my dad said or if it was just a coincidence?

here my kitty

and the others :
img78.photobucket.com/albums/v28 … axing2.jpg
img78.photobucket.com/albums/v28 … laxing.jpg
img78.photobucket.com/albums/v28 … 8faf2c.jpg

What a sad story.
:sad:

Mushman - you’re cat is sooo gorgeous!
Looks very cuddly indeed. What a little cutie.

Tell us more about her/him.

EXCERPTS FROM “A CAT’S GUIDE TO HUMAN BEINGS”

1. Introduction: Why Do We Need Humans?

So you’ve decided to get yourself a human being. In doing so, you’ve joined the millions of other cats who have acquired these strange and often frustrating creatures. There will be any number of times, during the course of your association with humans, when you will wonder why you have bothered to grace them with your presence. What’s so great about humans, anyway? Why not just hang around with other cats? Our greatest philosophers have struggled with this question for centuries, but the answer is actually rather simple:

THEY HAVE OPPOSABLE THUMBS
… which makes them the perfect tools for such tasks as opening doors, getting the lids off of cat food cans, changing television stations and other activities that we, despite our other obvious advantages, find difficult to do ourselves. True, chimps, orangutans and lemurs also have opposable thumbs, but they are nowhere as easy to train.

1. How And When to Get Your Human’s Attention

Humans often erroneously assume that there are other, more important activities than taking care of your immediate needs, such as conducting business, spending time with their families or even sleeping. Though this is dreadfully inconvenient, you can make this work to your advantage by pestering your human at the moment it is the busiest. It is usually so flustered that it will do whatever you want it to do, just to get you out of its hair. Not coincidentally, human teenagers follow this same practice. Here are some tried and true methods of getting your human to do what you want:

Sitting on paper: An oldie but a goodie. If a human has paper in front of it, chances are good it’s something they assume is more important than you. They will often offer you a snack to lure you away. Establish your supremacy over this wood pulp product at every opportunity. This practice also works well with computer keyboards, remote controls, car keys and small children.

Waking your human at odd hours: A cat’s “golden time” is between 3:30 and 4:30 in the morning. If you paw at your human’s sleeping face during this time, you have a better than even chance that it will get up and, in an incoherent haze, do exactly what you want. You may actually have to scratch deep sleepers to get their attention; remember to vary the scratch site to keep the human from getting suspicious.

1. Punishing Your Human Being

Sometimes, despite your best training efforts, your human will stubbornly resist bending to your whim. In these extreme circumstances, you may have to punish your human. Obvious punishments, such as scratching furniture or eating household plants, are likely to backfire: the unsophisticated humans are likely to misinterpret the activities and then try to discipline YOU. Instead, we offer these subtle but nonetheless effective alternatives:

Use the cat box during an important formal dinner.
Stare impassively at your human while it is attempting a romantic interlude.
Stand over an important piece of electronic equipment and feign a hairball attack.
After your human has watched a particularly disturbing horror film, stand by the hall closet and then slowly back away, hissing and yowling.
While your human is sleeping, lie on its face.
4. Rewarding Your Human: Should Your Gift Still Be Alive?

The cat world is divided over the etiquette of presenting humans with the thoughtful gift of a recently disemboweled animal. Some believe that humans prefer these gifts already dead, while others maintain that humans enjoy a slowly expiring cricket or rodent just as much as we do, given their jumpy and playful movements in picking the creatures up after they’ve been presented. After much consideration of the human psyche, we recommend the following: Cold blooded animals (large insects, frogs, lizards, garden snakes and the occasional earthworm) should be presented dead, while warm blooded animals (birds, rodents, your neighbor’s Pomeranian) are better still living. When you see the _expression on your human’s face, you’ll know it’s worth it.

1. How Long Should You Keep Your Human?

You are only obligated to your human for one of your lives. The other eight are up to you. We recommend mixing and matching, though in the end, most humans (at least the ones that are worth living with) are pretty much the same. But what do you expect? They’re humans, after all. Opposable thumbs will only take you so far.

Where are all the dog lovers? I wish I could figure out how to post a pic of JoJo the Wonder Dog…he’s a wheat- colored Cairn Terrier…like ToTo in The Wizard of Oz…He is my naughty baby :love: !

pm sent - moogle :smile:

<— Logan

<— Sofie

I have another cat, however I don’t have a picture of him right now.

any photos of any other pets are also welcome here :smile:

I’m very sad today…I haven’t really written about my other dog because she’s dying and I’ve been trying to detach myself but I should know better because that stuff always backs up on me…Her name is Mystique and she has the most beautiful soft black fur even though she is a mutt, She can barely stand right now and there is an appointment to take her to the vet’s on Friday and have her put to sleep but I can’t do it she loves car rides so much and she’ll be all happy and then we put her to sleep!!! Please God take her before friday!

But you shouldn’t be sad anamcara… you are giving her what she enjoyed most in your company…taking that last ride, someone who loves her very much, before she can finally rest. No doubt she is sad that she can’t do with you what she wants.

Be brave, and I’m sorry about your pet.

Thank you, I’m trying but I just feel like I’m betraying her even knowing there is an appointment. If she died naturally I could deal with it because she would be much happier but then again it’s so hard to sit and wait and watch her suffer…She is such a nice dog…she deserves better.

These are our two dogs (Bolo and Beaufy)…The cat as usual was being a diva but I’ll get her picture soon and add it.

Here’s my Tiggsy!

This is the cat which has adopted me :cool:

brabilder.no/album/renderima … height=449

/me hugs anamcara

Thank you Siiw…I’m real worried about my other dog now he’s started whining all the time since Mystique has been gone and biting himself and he won’t eat…I don’t know what to do with him