Can deaf people have LD-s?

I have heard that LD-s are sometimes initiated by noises that come IRL while you are dreaming. As i have usually light sleep what is easy to disturb by outside noises i sometimes sleep with ear-wads. I have never managed to have any LD with them, but only when i take them out in morning and manage to have another dream before starting my day.

So is it possible to have LD if you dont are deaf, or wear ear-wads while sleeping?

well, one of the most famous LD-ers on this forum is deaf so that would be a yes :smile:

also i wear earplugs when sleeping and i have LD’s a lot so yes there too :smile:

Yes, and you can even hear in LD’s if you’re deaf, unless the reason you are deaf is brain damage in the part of the brain that processes it.

Yeah you can. After all, rely on outside noises doesn’t mean you’ll have LD’s. It’s onhly one tech after all.

If I read that right… she’s refering to Dm7 (that’s me). I’m deaf and I love to LD’ing. By the way, I don’t think I’m famous at all… blushes I’m just… mmm a normal person. :biggrin:

I don’t think being disabled or handicappied stop you from LD’ing, in fact I think it’d be a huge thing for people to be able to walk again in their dream, etc. LD’s are what make it possible. Anything is possible. :biggrin:

Good luck! :wink:

Thanks for nice feedback. I think i have hope even with noisy neighbours then :smile:

My one buddy is deaf and is in to lucid dreaming.
She’s better then I am,and she even lurks these forums.(trying to get her to sign up)
I have read her DD and she has some of the most wonderous dreams.

wow your deaf… cool i know a deaf person…nice to meat you!

I don’t see why lacking the sense of hearing would prevent someone from being able to experience a lucid dream. Sure, it means they’re limited in some of the techniques that can be used (audio induction, as you mentioned, is pretty much ruled out), but at the same time it gives them an advantage in that dreams aren’t so often ended by distracting sounds in RL. :smile:

Also (while I’m here), deaf people aren’t strictly destined to miss out on hearing things while dreaming. If the ear itself, or the connection from the ear to the brain is faulty, then there’s no reason why the person won’t be able to hear sounds in the dream. After all, none of that is used when the sound originates from the imagination. Only when the brain itself (or more specifically, the part of the brain that receives and translates signals into audio) is damaged, will the person be unable to hear to any capacity.

Dm7

We consider you famus. :smile:

Atheist:

To add to that, the same is true with most disabilities. People with visual impairments can often see in dreams, a person confined to a wheel chair can walk. From what I can tell it depends on when a person lost there vision, hearing etc. If a person lost the ability to see/hear from birth then they may not be able to see/hear in a dream. However, that still does not mean they can’t lucid dream.

OMG i spelled meet like the beef meat…

is noob

:peek: wispers to DeMon psssttt you can edit your own posts… points at edit button in top right of own posts

Hmmm, Dm7 have you been deaf all your life, or was there a time when u could hear. I’m curious to know what a person who has never heard would hear in a dream, what theyre perception of sound would be.

What about blind people? I know that if they have been seeing earlier in their life they can still dream in images. But what if you were born blind?

Come on anyone who is reading this on one a ‘blind monitor’ now is the time to reveal yourself :content: