Scariest things that have happened to you

#1: Getting stuck on a small patch of beach where the waves were incredibly high. I was alone and freaking out as I saw a huge wave come straight for me. Having no other options, I just clung to that stupid rock wall I was with and waited for the water to come and go. It isn’t much fun being swallowed by a wave. I thank God I had a good grip, cause I could have easily been carried out and well. . .bye bye world.

#2: My mom got croup one horrible day and I was home alone while she and my step-dad were at the hospital. I knew so little about what was happening because I had been at school when it happened and I got one crummy phone call with a bad explanation. I hear the words “trouble breathing” and “mother” and I freeze. I thought I’d lose her that day.

#3: When I was younger, my dad would often pick up hitchhikers. I had a fear of them and was always afraid they’d pull out a gun and kill my family and me. I think I’m traumatized from my weird fantasies. . .

#4: All the horrible nightmarish dreams that I’ve had throughout my life. They can scare me so much sometimes.

yeah I hate driving and cars, I had to drive 3 hours (normally 45 minutes) in the damn snow to take a final, could’ve been in a headon because i fishtailed into the opposite lane and it took me like 15 seconds to get control of my car… it sucked.

at the speeds and slipperiness everyone was going i don’t think a head on would have killed me though, unless it was with a semi, and there are a lot of semis…

ugh.

then i got stuck 3 times throughout the day after that, I got out of my car and beat the !@#$! out of the snow, kicking it everywhere, until eventually my wheels were free… and i got out.

i hate driving, i hate cars, i hate traffic.

give me a jetpack and let me take my chances with running into a plane, I say.

Ive had a few scary things happen to me so far in my life.

When i first started practicing driving, i was going down one street and about to turn onto another but forgot about the incoming traffic on my current road - almost went roadkill but then i saw the headlights and everything went slo-mo as what usually happens when things get intense. I swerved to the right and then stopped, let the cars pass and then turned onto the road down to the grocery store. Hehe, and i take the driving test on the 7th of July! Dont worry the above event was months ago. :tongue:

When i was really young and visiting the east coast for a family reunion, I was in some bay, and i went swimming waaaay out by myself. Something brushed against my arm, and it started to sting. Then i felt more brushes and more stinging, and i panicked, started screaming. I did not know what to do but somehow ended up back on shore, it seemed like an eternal dream, swimming back, and i ended up taking a long nap. Apparently a jellyfish bloom came in, and everyone got out of the water after i got stung…everything for a reason, right?

On that same trip, we were at some beach with pretty large waves. I remember wading/standing in the water, and then me noticing it was suddenly down to my knees without me moving, the water receding. I looked behind me and then looked back only to get slammed. Next thing i know i am belly down on the shore with water rushing all over past me, and strong too. I instinctually clawed at the sand to get a grip, and held on as the huge wave receded. It was like a dream, everything in slo-mo, i remember wondering if the tide had come in and that the water was high above me, that i would drown…eventually the water receded enough for me to stand up and I ran coughing and crying. They thought that i would have been swept out to sea, but luckily i survived.

Other things that scare me:

Seeing a loved one get hurt

Venemous snakes wandering around

Hiking/climbing and a rock slips

Suddenly ‘waking up’ from this reality like it was a dream

The idea of being aware in a coma but not being able to wake

Loud, rushing water (im traumatized of water - currently working on it this summer)

• Seeing my friend get knocked to the ground by a car and then accelerated over. Some part of the car ran over my friends head, and he lay in the street with blood running from it. Before the ambulance got there, he kinda became concious while his brain was swollen and bleeding (he ended up in the hospital for weeks). All he did was scream and writhe. It was horrifying. The medics had the hardest time strapping him down to the stretcher because he was violently seizuring. Chances to live were against him but he survived.

• Out hiking in the mountains, I was meditating in a secluded rocky area off the path. Somehow I sensed a presence near me, so I looked around and there was a rattlesnake (deadly) that was literally within inches of me. It’s path was headed directly up my leg. My reaction was to jump up and move away as fast as possible. Apparently he didnt know I was there because he didnt rattle until after I moved. He probably would have ended up on me had I not gotten out of the way, which would have been quite the predicament, especially if he had found my pants or sweatshirt comfortable.

1.I was about 8 years old and i woke up from sleeping and no one was home,not my parents sisters noone.i was home alone for like 5 or 6 hours scary when your a kid who doesnt know how to cook and you didnt eat dinner.

2.i woke up one day probably 13 or so and there was no food in the fridge it was completely empty i could see the back of the fridge never have i been able to do that,my parents through out all the left overs and cooked the rest of the food for themselves then got mcdonalds for me.

3.It was in a night mare i was like 5 or 6 and i had just watched the original exorcist(very scary when you that young)and i went through the dream scared as f*ck i got caught by her and well i never really been the same since that dream :help:

I can’t imagine the kind of terror that could bring. I would probably freak out if I saw a rattle snake. Get bit for sure. The closest bad animal encounter I have ever had was this really mean dog that kept trying to come after me but its chain would always catch it, but finally one day, it pulled it out of the ground and it started running towards me really fast and I knew it was a really mean dog cause I knew the people and they trained it that way. So I pulled out a newspaper I had with me (I was delivering them) and I held it out in front of me at about waste level and right before the dog got to me it just froze. My dad tought me to do that if a dog was going to attack, because he has had to do it a few times for his job. After it was over I was amazed I was able to remember and execute that with how scared I was. And that was just a dog, not a snake. Heh.

Here’s one it wasn’t really scary at the time it all happened to quick to be scared, i was more scared after it happened at the thought of what Could have happened.

The road i used to live on up until i was about 10 was one of the steepest roads i’ve seen. Put your hand flat on a surface and keep your fingers on the table raising your hand about 30degrees and you have an accurate idea of how steep.

Anyways i was about 8/9 comming down in on my bike with friends. I had to pull around a parked van - i was going so fast that the change in air pressure caused me to immediatly start shaking violently. Next thing i know i’m doing a summersault over the handle bars landing lowerback and bum first and the momentum forcing me back to my feet and running about 15foot just to stop myself moving. A few cuts and scraps but nothing serious at all.

Strangely though i had a big interest in stunt shows after that lol.

I neglected to mention, about my very close encounter with a deadly rattesnake, that if I had actually gotten bitten, chances are I probably would’ve died.
I was in an area of the mountains where I usually spend the entire time without ever seeing another person, and the encounter happened far off of the already desolate trails. I had no cell phone to call for help with. I was at least a mile from my car. I can’t tell you how happy I was that I did not get bitten.

when i was 18 i got some sp. but one night it tooks about 2-3 hours and at last i want to get out of bed and go out so i get up open the rooms door and i feel something not right then i realize i sleep still in bet ( those days i dont know ld) that was owfull.
and another time i saw myself in ld i dont know why that scares me too much.

Heh, ANOTHER scary moose story…I was out for a hike on our property, exploring this new section of woods I’d never been in before, and a BIG BIG bull moose steps out on the road in front of me. I froze immediately but he saw me and rurned around, put his head down and was grunting at me. My heart jumped up into my throat and (I had a video camera recording) I thought, “all they’re gonna find is a bloody pulp and this video tape <nervous, morbid laugh>” I slowly started walking backwards and the lifted his head up and trotted away. THAT was a big sigh of relief! Moose aren’t friendly creatures. that’s my second bad experience with a moose. The first one (in my prev. post) was the worst.

Wow… something kind of like that happened to me… my friend and I were playing with his toy dinosaurs on the beach and one got sucked out in the water…

we were looking for it, and I feel something brush up against my leg… I look down and it’s a shark a very small one at that… but I suppose it could have taken a huge bit out of my leg…

well I was like, “get out of the water, there’s a shark!” and my friends brother believed me, when i got out I told everyone but my parents didn’t believe me.

:confused:

actually, it didn’t really scare me at all because I mean, the shark wasn’t after me… but it kind of scared me a little bit I guess.

one dream I had this past spring involved a plague running through the whole world. I hadn’t caught it yet, but I was hiding in a closet that I had barracaded shut. All of the people who were infected were letting out this really high pitched scream that almost sounded like something a lizard would make. their faces bled too. It was not a pleasant dream. it didn’t help that I saw 28 Days Later after that too. :sad:

Lately, my dreams have been happy though :biggrin:

well… here comes another traffic experience:

i was riding on my bike home from school, i was about 10 i think, and i was about to turn left on a down hill road. Usually i dont stop when im turning, i think its silly.
I heard a car behind me and let it pass, without looking back. I took the chance to turn believing that there werent any other cars. But there was a car behind the other and it was driving towards me at high speed, also i was in the middle of the road. Again the time turned into slow-motion.
I could see the car out of my left eyes angle and stopped as hard as i could, the car quickly pulled to the left but i was too close. Its right side hitted me on my left leg so i was thrown over my bike and landed a couple of meters away.
The time i was flying those meters i thought i should die. But i landed hard on the ground and had a big bruise on my left leg and my butt, ouch.

…also that driver drove away quickly, stupid jerk… :tongue: thoug it was kinda my fault

somehow i knew he ran away while reading this…

running away from lightly scratching a car in a lot is one thing…

running someone over…

there are some horrible people out there.

My most-recent most-scary thing happened when I was riding my bike. Luckily it was a near miss, but the thoughts of what could have been are still with me.
I was cycling along a busy road on the way to meet my kids from school. There was a turning coming up on my left. The car behind me decided to overtake me and then try to take the left turn, despite the fact that I was going straight on. We both stopped with a few inches from the left side of her car. I don’t know who was most shocked, the driver or me. I was so glad to see my kids when I got to the school that day.

One thing from my childhood comes to mind. It sounds silly, but I was so scared and still have recurring nightmares!
I was in the back garden of my parents’ house (probably not more than eight years old). I suddenly saw this wasp by me. I walked away, as I had been told not to swipe at them. It followed me. I walked further away, a bit faster this time. It followed me still. I ran down the path, into the house and shut the door behind me. About ten minutes later, I opened the door. The wasp was still hovering around by the door! I hate wasps now, and I am often chased by swarms of them in my dreams.

also, i remember this thing when i read through the thread:

I was about 4 years old, but i can still remember it, clearly. I was in the garden playing in the grass with my plastic buckets and little toy dinosaurs. The dinosaurs was invading the castle made out of the buckets, but the castle had heavy fire arms, so they fired at a dinosaur and it was blown far away… in real life i just took the little toy animal and threw it a few meters away. I stood up and walked over to the toy animal, took it and walked back to the “battlefield”, but when i sat down i didnt notice that there was a little flower under my… end, and that there was a bee in the flower. Well i sat on the bee and i got stung in my butt :cry: luckily im not scared for bees anymore, my fobia for bees worned after a couple of years… guess i got tired of be"e"ing afraid of bees :content:

1:When I was about 11 I was playing under a big tree cuz it was very hot out.Anyway There was some heat lighting and it hit the tree that I was just playing in and around.

2:In a dream (9 really but they differ) I was walking down the road and all the sudden I see a missle hit the ground about 10 feet from me,And it looked like a nuke.I woke up praying for real.

3:When I was 17 me and my one buddy bryan where driveing and a cop car just went flying by us,Then right after they passed us they get hit by a big van,No one was killed Thank God.

EDIT:w00t 250th post!

[color=indigo]scariest thing that ever happened to me…

I was under multiple influences, watched ‘the ring’ back to back with ‘house of 1000 corpses’ and then got lost in my basement in the pitch black for the rest of the night till morning, about 8 hours, and I slept for about 2 1/2 of those hours.

My name + weird horror movies + lost in the dark = oh crap your screwed! haha[/color]

Last year I was out walking in the English countryside with my friends. Well, footpaths sort of merge into private estates and, talking away bnot noticing where we were going, we somehow found ourselves right in the back garden of a country estate. I look at a statue of a dog that faces us. ‘I think we are in someone’s back garden’ I said. We here some grunting. We slowly turned arond to see a heavily built Great Dane with it’s teeth showing and grunting heavily. :help:

Needless tio say the dog chased us at an alarming speed and would have removed our lower legs if it had caught up with us. I haven’t run faster in my life…

Just last summer when i went on a vacation cruise to the Caribbean, the scariest experience of my life happened.

i think it was about the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise and we were stopped on th island of Curacao. It was July 4th, so everyone on the island was celebrating and there was a big parade and such. my parents and i were walking through the little downtown there going in and out of stores. We round a corner and walk up the ways a little bit and i notice that there is NOONE on the street at all and its a little eerie…

so we are walking up the street and all of the sudden this man runs up with a 10 inch hunting knife and sticks it up to my dads stomach and starts yelling at us to give him all our money and possessions. everything went slo-motion and it was so surreal. i was positive that all of us would die that day. but anyways my dad gave him everything we had and the man ran off. we later found out that while he was running off a police officer was chasing him down and the suspect had slashed the police officer’s shirt open but he was ok. scary stuff. i dunno if they ever caught the guy : (