The oldest RC in the book failed

So I was having a nightmare, and I came to the conclusion that it must be a dream…
So I pinched my arm…and it hurt lol so I was like, “Oh, this must be real then.”
gay

i dont think that thats an accurate check. if you can feel textures and pleasure why not pain too?

I don’t know where somebody got the idea that you can’t feel pain in dreams. You can feel anything you think you can feel. Pinching MYself in a dream always hurts, and I can’t think of anyone I’ve talked to who thinks otherwise. :blush:

I don’t think there have been any studies performed to show that pinching yourself is a valid RC. It may be the oldest/most widely used saying (“pinch me, I want to see if I’m dreaming”), but ironically, it doesn’t at all work as a RC.
The “classic” and most successful RCs are: looking at a clock or watch (digital or analog, though digital is better for this test), looking away, then looking back. If the numbers/hands change drastically, rearrange, or disappear, then you’re most likely dreaming. The same goes for reading text. When you look away and look back at any text in a dream, it always changes somehow…I remember this from my normal dreams since I haven’t even had that many LDs (yet :wink: ) - the text never stays the same! Also, try to retrace your steps about 2-5 minutes into the past (something that is VERY easy in waking life, unless you’re totally drunk or drugged or something, obviously :eh: ) - if you have any trouble doing that, then you’re dreaming.
I think the best thing to do is to ask yourself, “am I dreaming?”, at least 10 times a day while you’re awake. Then think about it for a minute to “sense” if there are ANY doubts about you being awake - then perform any RC each time…this will help you to actually remember to do it all again, in your dreams…

another good rc is trying to put your hand through a wall

:content: LOL that sounded funny when I read it.

“put your hand through a wall”

as soon as I read that, I was imagining someone shoving their hand through a window :content: lol.]

that’d be funny if someone was drunk or something…

either way… I WANT A LUCID DREAM!!! :sad:

lol I know you can feel pain in dreams
it’s just funny how people always pinch themselves in movies to see if they’re dreaming

looking at my hands doesn’t work though, I usually use a digital watch (I suck at telling time on analogue lol)