Just as Good as Flying...

People who like running as opposed to flying (in LDs) are just crazy! :tongue:

I hate running in both NDs and LDs. I suck in both capacities. In fact, it is one of my very least favorite things to do. I end up with cement legs that I can barely lift. I run in slow-mo with the bad guy chasing behind, gaining on me very quickly. Sometimes I can’t even run, either. I try desperately, hoping to get away, so I end up crawling. That’s right, CRAWLING! I don’t know what it is about my inability to run, but my mom gets it too, so I am not the only weirdo. (Apparently it’s hereditary!)I would much rather fly anytime, anywhere. That or hover-skate. Hover-skating may be my equivalent of running.

OMG! This is just. . .so. . .weird. I just posted in my journal about hearing a song on the radio the same time both nights, and now here it is with ANOTHER song! And what’s really strange, is that I dreamt about both these songs last night. Tripping. . .oops, pun. :grin:

And a shout out goes to Another White Dash and Maps.

I must be really tired. I read “shapeshifting” as “shoplifting.” Perhaps that’s what Wynona Ryder dreams about. :tongue:

Shaepshifting is pretty easy for me. Its something that I have down, and can do easily. I can do the simple old method (Close eyes/turn arouin dand say “I will be a ____ when I turn back around/open eyes”) or do some fun stuff. one time while I was flying I turned into a dog in mid-air. Now THAT was awesome

wow three times as fast!

That would be crazy, my maximum speed that i ever ran was like 28 miles an hour so that would mean that i could run 90!

yeah i want to change into a woman so that yeah same as ^^^ yeah…

Oh sheiste! reading this thread brought up from the murky depths a dreamfragment in which i did this very thing! And whats disappointing, it was a lucid dream fragment…oh man so i know that at least i can forget LDs…great…anyways! :cool_laugh: I was lucid and saw before me a hall of sorts (tho it was semi-outside) and just decided to go for it. Run, run, run and i remember focusing on my step frequency, and focusing on it increasing and increasing - it got to the point where the wind was roaring in my ears, my eyes hurt from the wind (but i was afraid to close them cuz id run into something and wake). I remember wondering of what to do with my arms, ended up just letting them flail behind me, hehe…also recall getting confused as to which leg was down and which was up, etc…unfortunately thats all i remember… :cry: I think my surroundings started to blur and then fade.

But getting on topic, heck yeah it was fun! Sometimes IRL i will just start running (if i see a clear way ahead of me and i think of running) and just go really really fast for no reason at all. Back to dreams, comparing it to flying…id say that both are equally as fun, but that flying is a better mode of transportation, but that running is easier (for me at least).

I would close my eyes in lucid dreams and try this, but I had a really bad experience with closing my eyes in a lucid dream I had. In the dream where I did found the joys of running and experienced shapeshifting for the first time, I became lucid while “waking up” (yep, I love them false awakenings). I was kind of “tired” in my dream, or at least thought I was, so I closed one of my eyes to get the sleep out, AND I COULD NOT OPEN IT BACK UP! I spent a good minute of my dream (which is valuable time as my longest lucid dream is about five minutes) opening that lousy eye!

After reading this thread yesterday before going to sleep, i really did run in my dream (what i do very rarely, and especially not just because for it’s own sake) up to small hill and down from it many times. But unfortunately it was ND and not LD, so i wasnt able to “play” with my DC-s i talked with while running :sad:

But anyway i run, and i did not get tired. But i’m not sure how fast i run. Probably as fast as i run IRL.

i ran insanely fast last night…

i felt like a mouse or something what with how fast my feet were pattering away… it was pretty cool…

but i got out of breath a bit, probably due to straining muscles in trying to run…

(i sometimes use “muscles” to fly, too… somehow… it’s just easier)

I never tried running in a lucid dream. Flying has always been my thing. I can see how running would be fun but, I do not see how it can compare to flying. I’ll give it a try though.

Changing forms can be really cool. If you are having trouble with shape shifting you might want to try and be more creative with it. Like create a shape changing machine or, tell yourself that when you walk through this door you will be… You can do the same thing with spinning.

Happy Dreaming

Heh, the first time I ever went lucid (long before I ever found out what “lucid dreaming” was), I was running. And back then I never ran in real life. Now I jog often :slight_smile:

I’ve never been running again in an LD… I’ll have to try it again sometime.

When I tried I found it easy. I was looking into a big mirror and just made it happen. For a second it felt pretty electrifying. But when I opened my mouth to say “Holy @#$%!” and heard a woman’s voice I freaked out and woke up. I just wasn’t expecting that part :slight_smile:

yeah me too, i hate it…in LDs i have been able to overcome it and i havent had a cement legs dream for awhile.

When I’ve run in ND’s the gravity’s always lighter as if I was running on the moon.

To date I have had three lucid dreams. And that is since I signed up for this forum in May. For some reason I always start running in my lucid dreams. This is by choice though. I don’t know what makes me want to do it. But in all three dreams, I started running, and in all three cases, that is what knocked me out of the dream. Don’t know why.

Daedalus is right! Shapeshifting is the funnest thing I ever do in dreams! Flying is great but I personally prefer shapeshifting. Holy Reality… how long have you been LDing? Have you ever been fully lucid? You would realise fully the implications that you can do ANYTHING and that anything is easy. You can’t say shapeshifting is hard… it’s as hard as talking or walking in a dream. Unless your still too glued to RL but then you aint fully lucid. And even if you aint fully lucid then you may be able to conjure up a “shortcut” and still be able to transform!

Running can be cool… give yourself opstacles!!! Skating is better!

Oh and turning into a girl rules! lol. Whether your wanting to have an orgasmic experience or not… Changing sex in a lucid dream can be a sexual experience in itself! Peronsally I like changing into anything… I just forgot to mention that sex-transformations can rule! :grin:

I never run in a LD, only in ND’s, and I run really slow and get out of breath when I’m in a ND and something’s chasing me. I will try this though.

Shapeshifting is really fun. I tried to transform into a fly once, but I turned into a human-fly type thing. 2 DC’s that were there ran away. I’m guessing it wasn’t a pretty site. :grin:

I’ll have to try running in my next LD… I’ve only shapeshifted a few times. Once, when I turned into a wolf, a girl came up and pet me.

Just the other night I had a mind-blastingly good experience in a dream. I was looking through a telescope into space, and I saw the most beautiful things! I saw fantasic nebulae, swirling systems of stars, beauteous planets (though none looked like they could support life), planets folded around themselves, and even a shape-shifting moon! I’ll have to remember to do this the next time I am lucid. Lucidy has been hard recently. My little brother gives me no privacy when I want to write in my dream journal (which I am really only able to do in the morning). My dream recall is still good, but it isn’t going to last forever if I can’t write these things down!

Ever since I’ve started the whole lucidity bit, dreams, even the normal ones, have just gotten better and better. It isn’t because I’ve only just been paying attention as I’ve always found them interesting, but they really are becoming individual undeniably moving experiences (like that time that Jamaican guy had me run a race through a derelict high school. Even THAT was something!). This is definitely a great way for me to goof off even more as I can expand my work-bashing activities into unconsciousness!

I had this running experience in an LD once before. I was running really fast through this parking lot and then it turned to a moonlit field in the night. I couldn’t see clearly where I was going and I was increasing in speed. I reached about 60 mph and I ran right smack into a fence. The funny part though, is that it stretched like a gigantic rubber band and then flung me back 20 feet onto my rear. :happy:

Its funny to see those random things that still appear in a lucid dream just when you think your in total control.

Rofl :razz:

Im actually a girl in my dreams more than im a guy…or at least, thats how it used to be. Now its more balanced. Its not THAT much different, to me, at least. A few new emotions, maybe. Things can feel different, too :razz: but ill stop there.