Any guitarists here?

ibanez rg series, i have been playing for about 4 years, i play mostly metal from the old days when music was worth listening to.

It’s what I do all day.
I have three guitars, ESP, Jackson, and Fender. I’ve been playing for about two years. My influences are everything and anything rock.

I’ve been kinda-sorta playing guitar for about a year now… I’m not very good but I’m learning :slight_smile: I’ve got a 3/4 size Fender Squier acoustic (a Christmas gift from… 2 years ago I think!) and a Fender Squier electric, cream-yellow and white (it’s left-handed 'cause it was my uncle’s, but I’m not left-handed so I string it backwards…) My two “guitar gods” are The Edge from U2 and Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine and now Audioslave. I have other influences from the many, many bands I like.

i play guitar. It’s a Jackson - not sure what the amp is lol but it was free.

my influences? I would really have to say my mood, i like pretty much everything but what i play/write depends on my mood.

i have an epiphone les paul, and a peavey amp… i’ve been playing a little over a year and a half.

my influences would be: george harrison, jimmy page, jimmi hendrix, jade puget, greg ginn, east bay ray, randy rhoads, pete townshend, robbie creagor, lars frederickson… the list goes on but these are some off the top of my head.

heeeey i have a strat & this 40 watt traynor(horkville lol) amp…iv been playing for around 4 years. Me and my 2 good friends just started a nirvana’ish band (fun:D lol). My influences are greenday,offspring, santana, the doors…the beatles .for acoustic stuff i like john lennon…i’ve been messing with everyone at my school pretending that i am him…very long story lol. My drummer friend’s pretending to be kurt cobain…yea we’re a couple messed up kids :help: :tongue: :grin: lol

Guitar is great!!

I have a Les Paul…(epiphone :sad: )

I also have a marshall combo…

I am in a metal band.

Influences are: Dimebag, Zakk Wylde, Kirk, Randy Rhoades

they arent really influences , :beer:

I don’t play guitar. I play bass. my ebony love slave, coffee, is a 78’ kramer, aluminium neck, three peace body, active alembic pickups (p and j) :eek: orgasim!! I love it! nothing can funk like a kramer. also got an Ibanez Xseries, an ibanez 6-string, and my first bass which is a short scale cruiser that i got in fourth grade(yeah aside from that i’ve never heard of cruiser either). I have a squire but i just started playing guitar so right now i stick to power chord on it. but its got a floyd rose that i’m itching to learn to use.
I’ve been playing for about 6 or 7 years. main influences: cliff burten (metallica), dream theater, bootsy collins, victor wooten, toadies for some reason :smile: , funk has influenced me alot. as well as metal, rock, punk, i guess just about everything really.
Its good to know other musicians visit here. Don’t know why its good to know but it is.

My influences are : Doug Martsch, John Frusciante, Mike Einziger, eh… that’s all I can think of now.

I started playing a few weeks ago.
I bought a crate beginners package.

I have a crate amp and a crate guitar

I started playing guitar i think somewhere on my birthday January when i got a Fender Squire Strato (it seems im not the only one w/ one of these lol), but i havent really been playing it much :shy: LOL

I took like 4 years of piano lessons back when i was younger, stopped at around 12? (now 18) We just got our grandparents piano (they moved and didnt want to bring it w/ them) and so i started playing that again, LOL its like riding a bike i guess. I got halfway to where i left off in like 2 hours. A week since and now im obsessed. LOL if only i had that back in the day. Ah well now i got it and so im into keyboard. :tongue:

Good thing my youngest bro is obsessed with the guitar.

2 years
agile lp2500
marshall mg100dfx
jackson dkmgt
yamaha pacifica
digitech rpx400
teese rmc3 (great wah pedal, but man why i did i buy it? so expensive $285)
as you can see i waste money on lousy gear (the rpx was a christmas present unfortunately, and recently my mom threw away the box so i have no hope of selling it on ebay)

So I mean, agiles are fantastic for the price, and beat epiphones, or so I’ve heard… but… my mg100… meh… i should’ve gone for an avt50 or a dsl401 or something… and well… the jackson? It’s okay, if i put new pickups in it maybe… yamaha is junk… my first guitar though.

rondomusic.bigstep.com/ ← cheap good quality gear… a bit rusty on the worksmanship though, some chipping paint on the insides… but… you know… it beats paying 10 times that for a Gibson. or 2 times that for an epiphone They are quite good.

I suck at guitar though, I don’t practice enough.

My influences are Tool… and sort of Metallica, but I’m not good enough to play most metallica, too fast… and alternate PM picking on an LP is hard the way I angle my hand. (i know hetfield does all down picking)

That’s about it I guess. if anyone cares, this is pretty cool
www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/holyreality/bangbang.mp3
it’s the first song on Kill Bill… I’m pleased with the tone… though today I played it again and it sounded horrible, same settings… go figure.

I don’t really have any original music, as I’m lazy and self critical… but… I like that clip a lot for some reason.

I used to play guitar. My parents got me an old Fender Strat they found at a garage sale. but i quit playin after a couple of months b/c i lost interest. i not only suck at playin guitar but really i suck at everything else i do. but fortunatly i have more luck LDing than i do playing guitar :wink: .

I play guitar, I have a Yamaha RGX420S, and a Line 6 spider amp.
Ive been playing way over a year now, although im not sure exactly how long, and I would say im quite good.
Influences would be early Metallica, (RTL, MOP, AJFA)
and Iron Maiden, and most other good metal bands too.
Ive recently been learning some Megadeth stuff too though, which is considerably harder than Metallica in most cases…

I’ve been playing for about 3 years. I write a ton of original material and record it on my PC with Cakewalk.

My Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Special w/Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge
Agile 2500 Silverburst (you are correct holy reality!)
Takamine G-Series Acoustic
DeArmond Pilot Bass

Carvin SX-300 half-stack
Crate GFX212T (for sale)

Morely Bad Horsie II Contour Wah
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
Boss GE-7 Graphic Equalizer
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor/Power Supply

Here’s a short clip from my heaviest song:
soundclick.com/bands/0/evant … smusic.htm

I play guitar, bass and drums! I’m qualified to teach guitar and bass but not drums (not quite as good on drums).

I play with a customized BC Richards Warlock and it kicks ass. My main influences are Lucid dreaming, Biffy Clyro, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, A Perfect Circle, more Biffy Clyro, Rage Against The Machine, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alkeline Trio, Skunk Anansie, Nirvana, Metallica, Lit amd some more Biffy Clyro… if you think thats a lot just for influences you should hear how messed up my music is! lol joking. Thing is I play many different styles and I’m in a few different bands. A punk band, 2 rock bands, a metal band yadda yadda yadaa… so I gotta have different tastes!

I’d give info on amps and stuff except for the fact that mine is currently non-existent! Broke and died. I used to use my Zoom 606 pedal before I got my FX59 TRASH MASTER and it is soooooooooo good lol. Getting a wireless system for my guitar next week so I can really move around better!

I play guitar been playin for about a year.

got an acoustic/electric takamine, no amp (yet)

inspirations= Stevie ray vaughan lynyrd synyrd, and weird al

been playin bout a month

acoustic(sorry 4 spellin if wrong)

influences none

man I could go for an Agile Silverburst… : / is it an “original” Agile or does it have the new crappy horn? Mine’s an “original” one of the VERY LAST ones they had before they changed the design.

and you have a Gibson yet you don’t have good amps, what’s with that man? That’s crazy…

At least I’m assuming the Carvin SX-300 isn’t very good, being solidstate, and all… I’d rather have a cheapish guitar (such as the agile) and a $1000 amp then vice versa, myself.

I’m not trying to be critical though, I’m just wondering :smile:

I’ve been thinking about getting new pickups for the lognest time but I don’t know how to put them in and guitar stores suck, I don’t know if they’d give me a full on refund (after RIPIPNG ME OFF) if I didn’t like the new pickups… and put my old ones back in for me…

I’d probably try a JB in my agile… and maybe an EMG81 in my Jackson.

Actually the Carvin I have is the top non-modelling SS amp available (not just owner’s pride =D). I’ve played tube amps and the gap isn’t big enough for me to shell out the money.

Just take a listen at what it can do:
soundclick.com/bands/0/evant … smusic.htm (Copyright 2004)

My Gibson isn’t exactly the nicest either. In fact, it’s the second cheapest authentic LP available. It’s basically a LP Studio with no paint or hardware, but I’ve decked it out pretty nice.

Given your influences, definitely get a JB.