Sleepwalking and Talking

Hi! Im new here and i want to know if you can answer some of my questions. I sleep walk atleast 5 nights out of 7 and i talk every night. im so loud that my rooms in the basement alone. I know you are paralysed during REM so what causes me to walk and talk so much in my dreams? Ordinarily i cant remember my dreams on nights i walk around and its making lucidity difficult. What should i do?

Tie yourself to the bed, and ductape your mouth shut!!

no j/k i have no idea about this, i’m a noob too, welcome to the forum though!

sleep walking and talking is when SP doesn’t work properly on you, and so you act out your dreams. This has, of coarse, led to many people doing embaressing things (such as takign a pee in the fridge).

No idea how you can stop it though.

Actually I think that sleep walking occur during deep sleep, and your body isn’t paralysed during deep sleep. It doesn’t need to be paralysed since very few people dream during deep sleep.

Sleep walking usually goes away after when you get older. I think somewhere after the age of 15-20, not quite sure.

But I don’t think you can do anything to stop yourself from sleepwalking.
Maybe you could set up a motion detection alarm that wakes you if you get out of bed during the night.

ive heard its a harmful to wake somone up during their walking in sleep…is this true ? in what way ? :smile:

Yes, sleepwalking occurs during deep sleep, but the sleepwalker might see reflections from the previous dream cycle (or so I’ve read somewhere :smile: ). As long as you’re not an extreme sleepwalker, this should not pose a real problem to your dreaming.
Set your alarm to wake you during a REM cycle. That would be 4.5hrs, 6hrs, 7.5hrs or 9hrs after you went to bed. This way you have the biggest chance of remembering a dream (or dreams if you’re lucky). Normally you should be safely asleep then, due to the paralysis.

If you wake up people from deep sleep, they’re often annoyed, a bit disorientated and they want to sleep again. If you wake up sleepwalkers, who’re into deep sleep, they’re even more disorientated (because they’re not in their bed). It’s not harmful, only a bit annoying for the sleepwalker :smile:

i’d like to make myself talk during my sleep while lucid…

i’m not sure how i’d verify it without setting up a tape recorder.

oh and the motion detector alarm sounds like a fantastic idea

you’d be so disoriented and groggy that you might be able to WILD immediately after waking.