Dreamviews

dont treat me like a kid :grrr:

:no: you’re only proving our point padfoot. and yes come to think of it your weren’t banned. you’re 9 years old… you need parent permission to use the forums… you get that permission slip signed and welcome back kiddo. :cool:

Oh man, it’s contagious!

Oh, and it would be cool if dreamviews (yay) and ld4all collaberated on some projects (and maybe some healty LD competition!). I’m sure you guys have some technical types here. And by the way, you ld4all guys are more than welcome to dreamviews! I haven’t seen anyone from here post…

I just had a look at dreamview’s front page and their extensive introduction material. I’ll be completely honest and say that their main content is a lot more professional than that of ld4all. Their layout is really nice and streamlined, and they even have separate tutorials. I don’t know what to think of their forum though. They have less users than us but they also delete inactive accounts.

And while I’m here, I just had a rather crazy idea. What if ld4all and mindviews were merged into one site? It would certainly make things more central, as well as producing a much larger community of lucid dreamers. This is just me speaking hypothetically, though.

Er…O.o…Padfoot shouldn’t be allowed here, right? He cannot chnage the fact that he is 9 by going to different boards.

Mmm perhaps I’ll take a quick look around dreamviews. Until now everything I heard about dream views was mostly negative.

Out of curiosity I have had a peek at dream views to try and find my doubles from the alternate universe. The newbie section seems to be invaded by dancing bananas! I hope you aren’t linking me to “the official newbie welcomer”! I have seen the avatar. :tongue:

pleaseeee don’t kick me out tooo!!!

even if they kick me from dv, i stil liked it a lot and thought it was very cool. they people there are very cool and when they weren’t pissing me off, they were cool. Shadow is a great gay.

OOPS! i didnt mean gay i mean guy

In my opinion…lucidity.com is far far behind us if it comes to spreading the knowledge about lucidity through the world.They might be more sciencific but thats it…i see that site as adressed to rather narrow group of people.
Merging?Fusion?definately not…Dreamviews and Ld4all have its own unique feeling.Like DA said- more sites,more chances lucid dreaming will become more and more known fact.I dont see how can we be at war at any time.Both sites have same goal but different approach.Like a family really:)-husband and a wife can have different opinions and ways to express them but they goal is same- keep being togheter for good and bad.
And the fact that have different personalities and feelings helps them to learn from eachother,grow emotionally and if needed stand togheter to defend what they believe in.
take care:)
btw.Do you have any Sex God over there in Dreamviews?:)Guess not…but you may have The Godess…if so i might change my opinion about merging:)

I completely agree. Ld4all is a much better than lucidity.com so, is dreamviews (from what little I have seen of it)

I wonder if someone from ld4all started dreamviews. It is practically a mirror site to ld4all.

I agree !!!

Padfoot2

I suspect that as long as you behave yourself and follow the rules of the forum you will not have any problems.

[Edit] I just read that you are allegedly only 9. I am not sure what the forums rules on this are.

well, i should have received a COPPA form signed by his parent or guardian - since i never got this, he must have clicked ‘i’m over 13 years of age’ button.
I’m not sure if he is really 9; if that is true i should deactivate his account until i receive the COPPA form.

thanx people

i am nine, and liek my fahter said i wont be coming here anymore. he said i can come back wehn i am 13. thanx for everything.

bye

my father is slofut, by the way

bye

nice to get to meet you padfoot, 13 will be here before you know it :wink:
I’m sure we all look forward to the day you can be a regular member.

'till then, takecare, and sweet dreams!

pasQuale wrote

That is what I figured. I mean this may not be an adult site but, many of the threads are certainly adult in nature.

good luck Padfoot2. Just think by the time you are old enough to come back, you will be a master lucid dreamer.

Yesterday while ld4all was down I lurked around dreamviews for a while. Over all they do not seem like a bad lot but, I like ld4all much better. They do seem (from what I read so far) to have a low tolerance for new people and of corse the mistakes new people make. However, they have a thread where they are discussing how to change that. They sound honestly shocked that they are perceived as an unfriendly site. From what I can tell they also do not appear to like people who post to much, which is a bit confusing. Anyway, like I said they are not a bad group just different.

Well, I like how the dreamviews forum is divided into so many sections. You have “Newbie Zone”, “Lucid Experiences”, “Dream Control”, “Dream Signs and Recall” etc.

There tends to be a lot of flaming in some topics, though. Also, people seem to be very concerned about their “rank” on the forum, as well as their amount of posts. I have to say though, that their dream control section is excellent. Lots of tips and tricks there that I haven’t seen elsewhere.

that’s what we were trying to change. when someone has 500+ posts and they’re not even a month old it makes the boards look less helpful. – i’d also like to state that any “flaming” is resolved. we have religion and politics discussions… and while people want to be heard those people also listen to what others have to say. when in those discussions there’s very seldom “name calling” and if it does break out people can be talked down.

to me it’s like a relationship… you find the most info out about the person when you get in a fight. to think that everyone will agree is a little optimistic, we just try to be civil when it comes to the touchy issues. politics and religion can be very thought provoking as long as people stick to the facts and don’t lower themselves to name calling.

adidas

Believe me we have our share “hot topics” that have turned into all out wars just like on dream views. Of course that is going to happen on any forum. The important thing is how it is handled. I think the mods here at ld4all do a good job with that.

[constructive criticism] when you have a hole thread blasting a 9 year old that does not look good for your site. Now I understand that you may have had good reason( I don’t know the hole story). But still he was only 9 (allegedly). Also, dreamviews seem to discourage people from posting. I mean you don’t want your members to be afraid that they will be blasted by a mod if they make a post. [/constructive criticism] With all that said, it is a relatively new site(compared to ld4all). I noticed that they just had there first anniversary so perhaps dreamviews is just going through some growing pains.

[positive side] The administrator of the site does seem to take the issues discussed here seriously. Also, the site does have some good threads and the people at dreamviews are also expanding the knowledge of lucid dreaming. [/positive side] It will be interesting to see how dreamviews evolves.