Best sleeping position for having Lds

I just thought about this and I think I may have found a reason why sleeping on your back may be better for lucid dreams. I remember reading that some light hititing your eye lids while you sleep can help you have lucid dreams. The Nova dreamer uses flashing lights for instance and morning sunlight from a window probaly wouldn’t hurt either. Well, if your sleeping on your back, then you would be able to have light hitting you from a window during the early hours of the morning, but if you were sleeping on your side or stomach, than you would most likely not have any sunlight hitting your face. So I imagine sleeping on your back would help out alittle, but not alot.

There is no way I could hold a position even in my sleep. I am the all time move n’ thrash while sleepiing champ. Twice I have woken up and found my feet on the pillows. Also a question: Sometimes I wake up and find the covers are at a 90 degree angle to where they started. It is straight and smooth and looks like the bed has been made. Except its hanging off the side. How come it is so accuarate when I am sleeping.
Incidentally I sleep on my right side and haven’t had an LD yet. Also I sleep with the window open (I live in Scotland so the temperature can be absymal. There are times when I can’t face getting out of bed coz my toes are so cold), Coukd this be affecting my LDs?

I sleep best on my left side and anywhere from 30-40 degrees.

Hmm, I seem to sleep best on my left side (I’m male). Although, I sleep fairly well on my stomach and moderately well on my right side. I sleep pretty badly on my back. I tend to move a bit. I think when I had my only slightly lucid experience, I fell asleep on my left side at a low angle and woke on my stomach.

best position for ld’s???

FACE DOWN IN A BUCKET OF WATER!!!

for my one and only LD i woke up on my stomache, so i’ll say my stomache.

Lol I usually sleep on left side just because it is somehow more comfortable, and now I find it is what yoga recommends… :smile: But when I wake up, from a LD or not, I can find myself in any position… Now I’ll try to pay attention to it, but it will take too much time, so I’ll only write about WILD. 95% of WILD I had were on my back, and those 2 of them that I had on my side were very unstable and not quite detached from my real-life body. :sad: So I don’t want to experiment with it until I really master WILD…

I found the easiest positon to start the WILD process is laying on my back but that position is unconfortable to me so i prefer lying on my side and start there. Yesterday had two short LD and when i woke up i was in my back and also a weird thing that sometimes happends to me occured(but i really like when it happends): i could touch an feel my face as i would be touching it with my hand but in fact my real hands were lying on the bed while with and invisible hand i was touching my self, and i say invisible because i could see with my eyes that there were no hand there but still i felt everything, its amazing, maybe is the astral body, who knows.

if you manage to fall asleep in an uncomfortable position, it seemss likely that you’ll move into something more confortable before you reach the dream stages.

personally i usually end up sleeping on my right side. its not like a concious choice to sleep that way, i just seem to be on that side more than any other. When i wake up i’m usually always on my right side or my back.

Perhaps i should try my left side for a change?

That is awesome :bow: I have tried to WILD while sitting up but it has not worked yet. I’ll have to keep practicing. :om:

Laying on my side or back seems to work best fore me. The only difference (for me) between the two is when I WILD on my back and get the vibes then feel myself being pulled down through my feet. If I WILD on my side I get pulled up through my head. I feel like someone has a hold my top jaw and is yanking me out of bed. It’s weird.

Dang… am I the only one who finds it comfortable to sleep on my stomach?

Well if sleeping position really does affect peoples’ ability to have lucid dreams, then there’s my problem…

I’ll try my right side tonight.

i can’t sleep using a pillow! I can’t sleep on my side, i can’t sleep on my back. I can only sleep on my stomach. So sleeping on my side would be just as uncomfortable as a normal person sleeping standing :razz:

I can sleep on the right side, on the left side and on my stomach. I’m writing down for two months the position I was during LDs (DILD). It’s always on my stomach so far.
It’s uncredible that Laberge made statistics about sleeping positions and forget this one. :tongue:

I only seem to be able to sleep on my stomach for the most part, but for some strange reason I am able to visualize better of I’m on my side. It’s kind of wierd. Being on my back I find it difficult to visualize and even more difficult to sleep. Kind of odd…

I have ld ‘d sleeping on my stomach so I would say that it is possible. I don’t think position matters much. I have LD ‘d on both sides my back and stomach. From what I can tell the important thing is to sleep in a comfortable position and to be in a position where you can let your muscles relax. (I.e. you don’t want to sleep in such a way where you are putting pressure on your arms or anything.

When i sleep on my side my shoulder/arms gonna get squashed and it annoys me.

Positions; all
Clothing; none
Direction; all
Temperature: 36 Celsius down to needing a big fat quilt.
Angle; about -10 to 0
Light; bitch black.
Sound; well, in the CITY, earplugs…yup, earplugs!

Positions; I have found that people from different cultures have all sorts of what I can only call superstitions on the right position of sleep and the direction of body in relation to the 4 cardinal points, the sun rise, and even in relation to the position of windows and doors of the room you sleep in, the color of the sheets, men like this, women like that, all contradicting one an other more or less. I even remember reading something about it in relation to the individual psychological state of mind in relation to the current events in life, and my favorite was something about; kings and queen sleep on there backs, soldiers sleep on one side or the other, and cowards sleep on there belly… So…I can only wonder, does that make me dethroned king that now solders with out conviction and cowards one out of four times? This is not to say that the subject is putting me to sleep. Only that general theory on positions, goes in all sorts of directions.
Clothing; with out question, naked on the bed at a temperature and humidity level that is just under sweating, but no aircons. I think I read something about air conditioners giving off positive ions that are negative for us to sleep properly…
Angle; here I remember long a go having my bed inclined just a touch, bringing I thought more blood gently to my head but not inclined so much as to slide down over night, and find my self sleeping in a ball on my pillow at the head of the bed by morning…
Sound; well, the sound of nature or nothing at all. Having had to sleep in the city for the past 3 years, I use foam earplugs, I just hate the sounds of the city. The up side of these earplugs is that they accentuate the sounds of my (upper) body functions, mainly breathing and heartbeat. For me, excellent rhythms to tune in to for a smooth flow in to sleep, usually… and they also seem to have aided at times to LD. Or so it seemed to me.
All in all, I have found no particular one to be related to LDing. Rather, I would say it is how they are perceived or believed to work that influences the expectation of LDing and thus, the outcome. Believing that one particular position is best puts a mental limit on what might actually be possible in any position, with an open (free) expectation to LD.
In other words “free your mind”.
But the bottom line… “FACE DOWN IN A BUCKET OF WATER” did it for me in this forum. Thank you Kimius.

Good luck ALL.

Statistics show that people who experience SP most often sleep on the back. So this question about relations between LD and sleep position is perhaps not such stupid it seems.

It seems to me, that every time I sleep on my back I have a WILD. Something must be wrong with me… :grin: The only problem is that it is really not the most comfortable position, and every time I am trying WILD, I am tempted to lie a usual way and concentrate on some common technique… But I cannot concentrate on anything, so most times I just fall asleep.

I nearly always fall asleep on my side and roll over on to my back in my sleep. I think I’m on my back usually when having LD’s