Dreams defying 'dream logic'

I recently had about nine lucid dreams in a row one morning and to test it was a dream I tried to turn on a light(which aparently is impossible in a dream) it didn’t work, but then I thought that I probably had preconcieved notions about the light so I did it again and it worked! Also I read something quite easily in this dream. Is it possible that lucid dreams have absolutely no limits?

There’s a bit of a misconception about these supposed “rules” that seem to be universal to lucid dreamers everywhere. The fact is, it’s not impossible to turn on a light in a dream. Nor is it impossible to read a correct time on a digital clock, or count the correct number of fingers on your hand. It is, however, extremely common that we find these to be the case. Not just because we’ve been told by more experienced peers that they aren’t possible (placebo), but because the nature of dreaming has certain commonalities or peculiarities between dreamers. We’re individuals, sure, but our minds are all pretty much exactly the same. It’s only reasonable that we’ll often encounter the same experiences in the dream state.

I guess the point is that nothing really is impossible in a dream. Just because we sometimes find that lights don’t work, doesn’t mean some supernatural force is hard at work to ensure nobody ever proves the theory wrong. We can all break through these common limitations by finding ways around them, sometimes you just have to use your imagination. After all, the allure of dreams is their lack of boundaries. :smile: