LD power with no Lucidity

I have been having more and more dreams of late where I attain some object that allows me some control like I would have in a lucid dream without actually being lucid.

One that I wrote a post about a while back was about this goo that would form into whatever I thought about.

Last night I had one where I ran a race and at the end I won this smoked salmon that would grant my wishes. I was riding in an elevator and it fell half a story. No one was hurt but I gripped the salmon and willed the elevator to be fixed and it was.

Wonder if thats part of me trying to attain lucidity or just a fluke? I didn’t used to have these types of dreams before I began trying to LD.

I would look at it as a good sign. If you find that you are dreaming about things like this a lot you might be able to use it to your advantage. When you go to bed firmly tell yourself that the next time this happens you will realize that you are dreaming.

This happens to me quite a lot, actually. I’ll fly in a ND or use telekinesis or something like that. This has only come about due to using these powers previously in LD’s though.

hmm I’ve had a few like this, but only once or twice since I started trying to LD. I normally can fly or do telekenises, but it always ends in me losing confidence in my abilities and not being able to do it anymore.

I have been using telekinesis and flying in NDs for years. And when I started to LD I also began doing stuff from my ‘to do list’ in NDs. I find it a bit annoying that I sometimes get to do stuff in NDs before I do them in LDs.

But I guess that I should be happy I get to do cool stuff in NDs too :content:

So if you think about wanting to so something and you think about it a lot during the day you will most likely dream about it too. I seem to get false LDs it I thing about lucidity a lot.

Milod789 is right! You can use this as a “dreamsign” and use it to become lucid. If you stay intent on remembering that next time you have amazing control like that you should do reality checks… I’m sure you can use this to become lucid!

For me dreamsigns are never effective in inducing lucid dreams. In my non- WILD lucid dreams I would just “feel” like I am in a dream and become lucid. There is on exception to that. Flying = instant lucidity for me. I don’t even have to actually be flying for this to work. If I am doing anything that causes me to lift off the ground even a second longer than I should, it will trigger lucidity. Try to firmly remind yourself that the next time you fly/use telekinesis you will know you are dreaming.

For some time I have been trying to figure out why other obvious dreamsigns don’t work for me and I just thought of something. In all of my lucid dreams the first thing I do is fly. So, I wonder if there is some correlation there? If I started to summon up other dream signs while lucid, would that help me recognize them in future normal dreams?

I have always flown in NDs though most of the time its hard to do… like swimming through the air and having to fight gravity. Ive used telekinesis in NDs too.

Since Ive had a few LDs though flying often does make me realize that Im lucid. Almost invariably. However, I have problems now with getting my LDs to be stable. I often forget Im dreaming within a few seconds.

This objective focus on a source for dream power is new though. I can’t recall dreaming of an object that has or grants the power or abilities gained in a lucid dream before I had lucid dreams. I realize that I could use it as a lucidity inducing dreamsign… I just find it interesting that its something thats started happening.

You can try and remind yourself that you are dreaming. Just keep saying I am dreaming over and over as soon as you become lucid. Also, any of the techniques to increase lucidity may help as well.