Dream realization problems.

Ive been having many problems with this; and i need help. Many times, if not all, my dreams give out plenty of clues that they are dreams. When this happens, i usually NEVER know that its a dream even with the clues. The only time that i realize that i am dreaming is mostly when barely any abnormal occurences occur. I dont know why this is but when i do lucid dream, it is the most amazing thing i ever see.
For me, keeping lucid dreams long and strong is easy and natural, its just that im lucky to ever realize that i am dreaming. According to these forums, i must be very lucky for many of you have never had a lucid dream that is actually long, and i pitty you :tongue:.
The only thing i think that might work is staying awake until i dream. There is one problem though. Some people say that to lucid dream, get very tired then get into bed thinking about one thing, staying awake. It is said to use the third eye technique, but there is something i dont understand. I thought that LD can only occur in the REM process. There are many people, like a pro named Pedro stating that you can lucid dream from the start of your sleep
Also, this RC never works for me. When im dreaming, everything in my life is forgotten, except for some small key things which create the dream.

that’s like saying “i’m having this problem… every couple seconds my eyes start to dry out and i blink” everybody blinks and everybody has failied to recognize the most blatant and outlandish of dreamsigns.

instead of thinking “man i didn’t catch that dream sign” think “i didn’t catch that dream sign sure, but i did remember that dream”

changing negative thoughts to positive ones has a big impact on your dreaming.

I wish that i could get a reply that could actually help me…

oneiromancer

I have not seen you around much lately. I was just thinking a lot of people have been silent lately. You, Dm7, and Sno etc…

Anyway back to the topic.

LucidLover I agree with oneiromancer turn the negative into a positive. Also, firmly remind yourself the next time (blank)happens I will recognize I am dreaming.

Do you keep a DJ. If not I highly recommend it and continue to do RC’s

I think you will be a lot like I am. In my non WILD LD’s dream signs are rarely the cause of my lucidity. I just seem to know it is a dream.

Yes, it is possible to lucid dream at bed time. Pedro, jeff, Dm7, and I have done it, along with many others. Keep in mind that REM is not the only time you dream just the most likely time.

Another possibility for you is the WBTB method.

BTW- I have manny long LD’s and so do many others so dont feel too sorry for us. :smile:

Happy Dreaming

milod…

when you go right into a dream from WILDing at night, how long does it last, and do you involuntarily wake up from it?

I do… it lasts about 15 seconds from me gaining lucidity, the way my DCs react sometimes it’s almost like I should just lie down in dream and meditate for a long long time until I “know” the dream will be “long” (REM ?)

to the topic starter there is no easy answer, you have to try, be positive, and determined…

they have given you the best advice they can really give. you’ll get a feel for it, it might be quick or it might take a long time.

like, WILDing is the hardest thing in the world for me, but I’m slowly getting there, over, months and months and months. sort of… maybe.

holy reality

For me it varies a lot. I am nowhere near as good at it as jeff or pedro. Like you I am still working on it.

Sometimes they are short and other times they are longer. Sometimes I experience a brief (I think) blackout before the dream starts and other times I don’t.

Now that I confused you more, you can see I am still refining my technique. But, I have done it enough to know that it can be done and I will master it.

For staying awake until in a dreaming state, how can i stay awake? The third eye thing absolutely does not work for me. Like I said before, when im dreaming, i forget EVERYTHING that i do in RL. I only know a few things, what my mind wants me to know.
One more thing. When paralized, which is common for me, what do u do?
relax, think of images, try to stay awake and lucid, all of these, or do u try to get out of your bed so that you :obe:?

There are many things you can focus on while trying to WILD.

First get yourself into a state of alert relaxation (check the meditation thread for techniques on how to do this)
Then focus on :
=> HI
=> breathing
=> counting
=> creating a falling or spinning sensation
=> visualize a simple object

just to name a few things.

The important thing is that, you let all other thoughts go completely and, just be slightly aware of what you are focusing on.

Check out the big WILD topic for more information.

Hope this helps you a bit