John Titor

heh. I haven’t seen anyone mention what the actual unix problem is yet, but it’s a simple case of running out of numbers. If you didn’t know - the unix epoch is Midnight on January the 1st 1970. This is second 0 in a unix timestamp. The unix timestamp for right now is

But by 2038, the number will be too long to fit. Kinda like a millennium bug on a boring year. I’m pretty sure that it will be solved by then tho… :roll:

The date it ends is something like january the 19th. If you look at the calendar on my website, you’ll find that it all goes a bit crazy on that date, and just about every event takes place then.

blamethepixel.com/calendar.p … &year=2038

I could be wrong about this tho - it is something like that.

edit: that’s interesting:

after that sedna business :wink:

After reading/skimming through these posts I assume none of you have read the book, “The Giver.” The storyline has nothing to do with John Titor. The setting does.

It takes place in hte future, where humans have realized the mistakes they’ve made and have solved them.
The characters of the book live in close, tight-knit groups. They all do jobs such as farming and fishing to provide for the community. The only form of transportation is to ride your bike. THat about sums it up.

Remind you of anything?

John Titor = Jive Turkey

John Titor is a god… there is no proof he is telling the truth and no proof he is lying. Only speculation and personal belief

Well, he’s lying if he’s made incorrect statements about the future, which he has.

ah but is it within 5% discrepancy? So what has he got wrong then do tell i’m too lazy to read about everything he said cos well i ain’t that bored lol.

Also please back them up because you claime he’s made incorrect statements about the future, yet if its about the future you have no founding basis to even call it incorrect as it has not yet transpired to be true or false.

As someone just mentioned, he claimed there were no new planets discovered in our solar system. A few years later, Sedna was discovered.

Ah Sedna. Being an avid astronomer i should have known that lol.

That said have they officially stated that Sedna is a planet in our solar system yet? Last i heard they were still debating that.

According to NASA, they can confirm that Sedna is a part of our solar system. It is almost as large as Pluto, and they variously describe it as a planet, planet-like object, or planetoid. The question of whether it qualifies as a planet is open to debate, but Pluto’s status as a planet is also debated.

Personally I think Sedna will always be in that “sort of our tenth planet” category because it doesn’t fit with the Roman mythology motif and the world’s kindergarten teachers will have to learn an extra fact. :grin:

That car idea earlier didn’t make any sense at all. This guy is an obvious fluke. For one, if you had the choice to buy a car from that era from this era, and you had the intentions of trying to convince people over the internet that you were indeed from the future, its is quite clear that you would choose a car from the future. Obviously he wouldn’t want to blend in if he was going to go off on some big mission to stop this war from happening, he would want as much attention as possible.

Monitor: Does this mean those old rhyme schools use to remember the order of the planets aren’t accurate anymore LOL!

downwards: i don’t think he had any intentions of stopping a war, been a while since i read anything about him but he never came back to stop the war.

If not, then why even come back at all. Just to rub it in everyone’s face? If he is here from the future, then when does he plan on going back. If he is indeed fromt he future, then why would you want to relive a civil war?

Maybe you should have read some of the stuff.

a) He came back for some technology (go figure)
b) people asked him to prove who he was - he cited the war as an example nothing more.
c) he left our time in 2001/2002

All I read was the posts. I didn’t mean to sound so informed. Just was curious about some of the stuff.

Well, I have to say I’m very sceptic about this. It just doesn’t make sense that we would be able to travel in time in 32 years. I mean, we have barely got out into space…

And since I’m such a big fan of conspiracy theories, I’ll post a theory I came to think of just a moment ago. Remember though that it’s just a play with words. What I really want to say with it is that there are so many possibilities, and time travelling is just not the most likely one (even though we shouldn’t completely rule out that possibility). But I wouldn’t say that this one is that likely either. Higly speculative material…

Well, even if this stuff turns out to be true, it doesn’t have to mean John Titor is from the future. Maybe his predictions is a part of a big conspiracy conducted by the american government, and he was paid to make a big fuss about things before they happened. I mean, almost every prediction is about what will happen in the US the coming years. So theoretically, the government could make it all happen. Why then would the american want to make a conspiracy about a man traveling back in time? Well, maybe they want to use his story as some kind of excuse for things they want to do in the future. Like, they say “Hey this guy has been right on every single thing that has happened in the US the past few years, and he said that Russia is going to attack us soon, so we need to prepare a big strike against them in order to defend our country”. And then they bomb Russia to pieces, eventually every other country on the planet and then gain rulership over the world. After that, they establish time traveling to send back the real John Titor to our time, just to confuse us even more :confused:

:tongue:

Just some thoughts… :grin:

Who says he was really american? Going by the other things the US millitary have been involved with it could have been someone trying to get their attention to get them on the defensive.

Your theory as to their intent is rather funny, in that i could actually see them doing something like that. But first they would have to start a civil war and that would not be in their best interest as it would weaken the whole of the United States.

personally i think John Titor might have been a time traveller, but not in any machine. But of something that is already accepted as possible. Something the Americans were doing in the 70s called “Project Stargate” and that of course is Remote Viewing. RV can be used to see future and past not just the pressent.

The american government scrapped project stargate sometime after the gulf war. I think it was the mid 90s. But then they also said for year there was no secret base in Nevada too.

What exactly is this “remote viewing”?

if it were possible to accurately and i mean ACCURATELY see the future, it would mean we have no free will…
or so I think.

that’s simplifying things though.

I agree. When you look at the works of people like nostrdamus, most of there predictions don’t make sense until after the fact. Perhaps to serve as warnings that we are on the wrong path. Was he a prophet ??? Who knows !!! Anyway if they are true predictions I do not believe they are written in stone. I believe we can change the final outcome. ( just my opinion)

I don’t think so. I think those that see the future, see the most likely future at that time. But people have forseen these things and set about changing them so obviously it isn’t written in stone.

I see it as being train tracks, we can either travel along on one track just going with the flow or we can jump onto another line by the choices we make.

I think people who see the future see this “default” line and it is left upto them whether they wish to change it.