who do you think was or is a great genius of the world

Dude, topic of the thread isnt ‘Are black jeans gothic’ . . …

And MJK sure can sing, lyrics are great, but genious…?

satan, satan, satan…

hah hah! You call anything goth and you’ll get your ass ragged on by a bunch of people. ^,^ It’s fun!

lol just wait til someone calls them nu-metal…

yeah i was about to get pretty mad here

Tool isn’t really even “metal” in a way.
I mean you can’t call disposition/reflection/triad metal.

aside from Triad…

well older Tool is clearly metalish though.

everyone download the patient, lateralus, and reflection… and… jimmy.

for a sort of “broad” look at Tool…

I consider them a primarily unclassifiable avant garde heavy alternative band…

I heard they made a track for Doom 3? Is this true? They don’t usually do stuff like that but I think I may have even read it on one of the main sites.

tool is gay

yeah they supposedly made a song for Doom 3 but we haven’t heard anything of it in half a year or so… so i’m not sure if they went through it.

Maybe i should step out of this conversation before someone gets hurt…

Let the Flame Wars Begin!!!

did anyone mention Stephen LaBerge? :tongue:

My God! I’ve been away from the forum soo long i forgot how many silly tangets people get off on. anyway to speak my pease in the relative order the subjects have arissin

hittler was a smart man who’s public speaking skills were incredable, Though he was times man of the year i wouldn’t call him the greatest ginues of our time.

and though some of you may not like tool, They are incredably talented which nobody who studies music can deny. danny carrie himself (the drummer) could put most other bands to shame. And no they are not goth. goth is black metal, Cradle of filth, opeth, and the likes. tool is a sort of alternative pop/rock. those goth kids you may know or have known in highschool may have woren their shirt but that doesn’t mean anything.

and to the point of the thread i would say nicola tesla is the greatest genius of the reasent history. whos the that you ask? ever heard of AC current?(or alterneting current) ever heard of remot controls? incondesent light bulbs? X-rays? how bout niagra falls? he installed the genarators there.
in the late 1800’s he moved to america and begain working for thomas edison, edison had told him at a dinner party that if he could improve edisons DC genorator the he would give tesla $50,000 dollars. A month later when tesla came to him with a better working DC genorater edison of course told him that he was “just joking”. durring WW2 twards the end of his life he spent alot of time trying to sell a new wepon to verious allied governments to end the war. You know on cartoons how the evil guy has the death ray. yeah that was his invention, never reallized of course but after his death the us government raided his house and collected several of his scematics. now what could they have wanted. also he had several “secaret lab” not secaret like in a volcano, docter evil style, but unkown to the media and what not, and one of his lab techs had mentioned that they had a divise that could shoot a lazer and bounce it of the moon back to the lab. and he died in the 1940s.

As far as the manipulation of the magnetic spectrom goes in relation with the industrial revelution, hes was one of the greatest minds of our time

Hehe, Opeth isn’t goth either, just heavy death metal (but it’s very easy to confuse).

CoF on the other hand with bands like Dimmu Borgir are indeed Goth.

shadowless awesome some one else knows dimmu borgir,they are so freakin aweome you got to love em oh my god they are so brutal.Black metal roxers your boxers.

Brutal they are, and unlike CoF, they actually seem to display talent =D

yeah I’d hardly call Opeth “goth” though labels are kind of silly.

“They are incredably talented which nobody who studies music can deny. danny carrie himself (the drummer) could put most other bands to shame. And no they are not goth. goth is black metal, Cradle of filth, opeth, and the likes. tool is a sort of alternative pop/rock.”

Umm… well… the thing about pop, is… it’s popular.

Tool is popular, but what for? Schism, Sober, and Stinkfist…

I mean expletive their 2nd single from Lateralus (i.e. Lateralus) is edited down on the radio to be 4 damn minutes long… I mean… there is nothing remotely appealing to pop culture that can be found in Tool.

How many people can tolerate a 27-30+ (live) minute song? How many people can even tolerate a 13 minute song? How about 9 minutes? 8? 7? Very few songs on Lateralus are under 7 minutes long.

Though pop itself does delve into “simplism” the simplistic nature of Tool (minus drumming) is not widely popular in the mainstream, either… the only thing pop/rock about Tool is their softer singles, and the only thing pop about them are Sober, Stinkfist, and Schism, and maybe H.

They are a popular band though, yeah. So is Opeth to a degree but they are far from pop progressive death/mellow metal. (i like their mellowish side better, from what little i’ve heard of them, I’m not highly appreciative of death metal vocals, but they do them well)

It’s certainly an aquired taste. They took my death growl virginity. :content:

Ooh, I was hoping to be first to mention him. He was undeniably a genius, and inifinitely cooler than Edison. And he was hideously under-rated, mainly because Edison hated him. But he was very cool.

Obviously, we have to have Leonardo Da Vinci. Utter genius. Also Jung is cool.

And Shakespeare maybe, I don’t know.

Whoever mentioned Bill Gates deserves to die… That man is evil. Although I suppose it is possible to be an evil genius.

And alexander Graham Bell wasn’t really a genius - sure, his invention made a pretty big impact on the world, but mostly through other people’s work. I would say that whoever had the bright idea of using phone lines to transmit data (ie. a modem) is a bigger genius.

I don’t know if I’d call Jung a genius or not, but he certainly had an incredibly creative mind beyond that of most humans.

In math: Leonhard Euler and Carl Gauss, in physics: Albert Einstein and Niels Bohr, in music: Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt and all the Pink Floyd members.
I also consider Agatha Christy a genius; I love her works, especially those about Monsieur Poirot.

Mmm tough…my uncle of course he invented sliced bread :smile:

I say Leonardo Davinci and Riemann a german math genius.
Without Riemann…einstein never would have been taken seriously by science.
Riemann was a genius mathematic and a great friend of Einstein.
Einstein came to him with his ideas and he said i cant translate them to formulas…Riemann as a good friend and math genius translated Einsteins ideas into e=mc2 :smile:

So i say riemann is a genius lol

hooray for Einstein and hooray for riemann, and a capuccinno machine for Leonardo :grin:

jeff

]

As for ‘designing’ the Volkswagen, Herr Porshe designed it, Hitler only commisioned it as a arms funding rip off. Millions of working Germans paid a certain amount every week in order to eventually get the car. Only they didn’t. Only one was ever built, and the money was all poured into manuafacturing arms.

You don’t know anything about what you’re saying. East Germany was a Soviet-choked collectively industralised mess, it was West Germany that was the ‘free’ one and the one to hop over the wall to.

Hitler wasn’t a genius, he was a messed up mastermind who had Jew-hating, abusive, parents. And he wasn’t great at art either, the Vienna Art School didn’t accept him.

My genius would have to be Johnny von Neumann