Dream Suicide

I’ve read a dream book where a dreamer cut herself in little bits, with big knifes or even jigsaw. She had a lot of difficulties to cut her head, so she had to ask a dream charachter to do it for her ! :smile:
But she didn’t think she was killing herself, just experimenting to see what could happen.

Since I was little I’ve trained myself to escape from monsters by jumping off roofs and tall trees. The feeling of falling causes me to wake up. No I’ve never hit the ground yet. Still, I hate the feeling of falling so much I do everything to avoid it.

I had a topic about dying in LDs already… but last night i tried this… and I couldn’t do it…

So I became lucid and I flew out the window and instead of flying I deciided to let myself fall face first into the ground… but when I got close to the ground it was like there was a magnet slowing me down until I floated like an inch above the ground. I’ll have to try again.

i’ve hit the ground before but it doesn’t hurt…

I’ve shot myself in the head a few times, sometimes it doesn’t hurt, sometimes it feels weird, once it woke me up for some reason.

and i ran into a wall once, that hurt a lot.

those are about the only suicidal things i’ve tried in dreams.

I cut my arm off once. Not only did it not hurt but my arm grew back.

I think it is unlikely that you could kill yourself in your dreams. But, you never know. I have seen people under hypnosis stop wounds from bleeding. Some people who are really good at meditation can drastically lower there pulse and respiration.

I do think that a person who is feeling suicidal can find relief with lucid dreaming without harming themselves.

Yeah your right.

Speaking of pain in dreams last night I had a dream in which a gang decided for some reason to torture me. They gouged out my eyes and stuff, and when I screamed out for help I kept throwing up. It was really painful.

that’s horrible… :confused:

I talked to some people who did it.There were usually two things happening- either they wake up or find themselves in different place/situation.
I have never tried that but as far i remember some accidents in my lds ended up with…hmm…nothing…when hit by a car i would i.e bump off it.

i’ve fallen out of a tree in a LD and hit the ground

there’s no pain but there is strange feeling… (hard to describe)

kinda like falling into a sponge that doesn’t actually give way but has the same feeling involved…or something :bored:

whenever i’ve fallen from a massive height i havn’t hit the ground…

I’ve had a brain transplant in a normal dream.

Also, I’ve had dreams where I skydive (I do IRL), everything that can go wrong does (i.e. failure on main and reserve canopies), and I’ve hit the ground and bounced a little (and I wouldn’t class that as a nightmare… the sensation of skydiving is just too nice).

I losed my arm in a normal dream. It hurt, but not too much.

I ran straight into a wall, it was like running into putty.

I’ve once read about a woman who was being torn apart in her dream by panthers, while an old woman was looking at her. She felt how they ripped out her heart, but she didn’t die. Instead, she was worrying how she’s going to put her back together (body parts were lying everywhere). Then, hawks came and started tearing her flesh and eating her alive. She didn’t feel any pain, but she was scared because there’s was no way she could rebuild herself. The next moment, a bright light centered around her torn body and the animals. The animals became translucent, blending into the heart of the old woman. Eventually, she too became translucent and one with the light, whereby a radiance of streams of light filled the place where she had lain. After this, she was whole again.

in my nd last night, i was killed in just the same way u would be killed in ut 2k4. i didn’t feel anything, just knew someone was behind me, and after a little running, dead. really cool to look at ur self fall to the ground in third person…

i’ve died more than once in my dreams, but never felt pain. if anything, it feels strangely pleasant… :help:

that being said, i think i’d prefer a blowjob to a blow to the head any day…

EDIT: oh yeah. i havent tried to kill myself in a dream yet. been to busy doing that irl…

no, im not joking…

:help:

This topic is very interesting and i think more study should be put into it by more advanced dreamers.

I wonder if having a NDE could be achieved by dying in your dreams? or perhaps we are immortal in the dream world and can never die? there are so many questions i would like to know the answers too. but my only experiences with this are Jumping off or falling from high distances and such… I have hit the ground before but I did not die. Just got up. sometimes it hurts but other times it does not.

Usually when i expect it to hurt it does not. and when I expect it not to it hurts… :neutral:

While I cannot try dying in a lucid dream due to the simple fact of I cannot seem to hold a lucid dream without waking, I would like to know if some of the more advanced dreamers here can try it out and Post their findings? Especially Holy Reality since he seems to be able to LD at will.

Good Luck.

Cheers,
-Nic

That’s an interesting point. Whenever I’ve died in a dream (lucid or otherwise), there’s always a weird feeling of conscious reflection at the moment that I should be completely lifeless. Obviously this is because I’m not actually dying in RL, but it can still be compared to the supposed effects of a near death experience to a degree. Rather than seeing or experiencing something from the afterlife, however, in a dream (using a particular dream I had a while ago as a reference) it’s more like you just can’t die, regardless of what happens to your “physical” form. It’s as if you were watching yourself die in first-person, while still being able to think about what’s happening. Anyway, I usually wake up shortly after this happens. Similar to a comment above, I find it to be quite a pleasant and calming experience – which I guess it pretty weird.

well i guess we´d never know…it would be hard for someone who actually managed to physicaly die when dreaming to tell us about it :smile:

i heard (i dont know if its true cause it was along time ago) that in some war europeans made on amerika (indians and others before amarica was amarica) and when they conquered a tribe all the people just laid down and died, using some kind of meditation or something like that…

Yep I’ve heard of similar. I heard one tribe had an interesting take on the death penalty. If a member was found guilty of a serious enough offence, that member would enter a trance state and basically switch off their body. Very advanced consciousness skills have been developed in other cultures I think.

Ive had a dream where I was electricuted on train tracks… you will find it on the first page (last dream post) of my dream journal…

I actually died, perspective changed and everything… even woke up with SP cuz my body must have thought I had been electricuted (huge amount of adrenaline)

well i’ve had a few NDE type things

one, I convinced myself I was going to experience what it was like to be born… all I can say is WHOA… intense stuff… I was like, in the “void” and there were lots of green tree looking things and I had huge adrenaline surges and was pulsing and falling and floating and twirling around.

This happened because I asked a DC, who said she was a dreamer, to let me live her life telepathically…

today I had an NDE ish thing from a ND, I was launched through a tunnel and it was really cool, for some reason it rewound and I just LOCKED on to the moment of the launch, like meditation excercises where you are only supposed to pay attention to the moment of nothingness in between breathes… and if you do it right, you feel eternal.

this is what i think that would be like, because i was in the tunnel and i sure couldn’t get out, i ended up in the void and then had a weird experience where it was like looking at a past life or… something, I don’t know… it’s in today’s dream journal entry.

i’ve never had one from killing myself in dream though, but back when I was not a lucid dreamer I’d get the white light and intense noise and adrenaline typical of the beginning of an NDE, when I would get killed, and wake up very scared.

If you actually wanted to die in a dream though, do you think you could kill yourself?

because when you die normally in dreams, you dont die in real life because your brain wouldnt harm you intentionally, or something like that…

But supposing you willed it to happen? You actually really wanted to kill yourself, and you made this clear in the dream, by comitting suicide?

Anyone think this could work?
If this is possible, maybe people could commit suicide without pain…

Not that people should all start killing themselves, lol, but it could have its uses… like, if you were captured by an enemy who was going to torture you, or kill you in a very painful way, you could just will yourself to die to avoid the pain that they would cause you.