The powers of the subconscious.

I’m not sure if this belongs here but last night I was staring at the clock, watching minutes pass, probably about 3-4 of them.

and I somehow, then, by watching them pass with a semi-blank mind… developed an instinct n when they would change.

I could get it down to 5 second accuracy… often times I’d be like “okay, 15…14.13…” etc and when I reach 0 it changes.

I wasn’t ever counting or keeping track, I was just feeling.

I went to try to fall asleep then suddenly I was like It’s 1:49 and yes, it was 1:49… then I was like, it’s about to be 1:50… CLICK… it’s 1:50

needless to say this made me RC quite a bit… but the mind is so powerful.

I imagine if you meditated in front of a digital clock often, you could sort of build an accurate internal clock to where you always know what time it is.

Yeah, that stuff is cool. Something I used to do was watch TV with a blank mind and not listen to what was being said and after a while I knew what was going to be said the instant before it happened.

I have this too, with 16:18. At least once a week I take a look at the clock when it’s exactly 16:18. Probably because a few years ago I was obsessed with the Golden Section (1,618). Strange though that the subconsciousness doesn’t forget :content:

that happened to me once, I was typing stuff on a message board, on topic, i forget what it was about but it kind of involved relationships, and everything i typed, was paraphrased by a character i was listening to tv, very very accurately and 100% on subject, about a half a second after I would type it.

it freaked me out.

Yeah thats weird, my birthday is 4.27 and i always end up looking at a clock exacty when the the clock changes to 4:27…

it scares me sometimes! Oh and I always say “hey! thats my birthday!”

Some years ago, I thought I always looked at the clock when it was 22:22, until I discovered that it was me who thought about it more when it was 22:22, than when it wasn’t.

heh, I can sometimes do this with the toaster. Will count down from 5 just before the toaster pops up, or something. Although I get it wrong alot now, so it’s probably just random…
I also did this a few years ago at school, I counted down from ten at the end of a break and the bell rang exactly when I reached zero. That one was pretty funny…

what about the internal body clock?
like when you tell yourself to wakeup at a certain time and it works…etc

maybe it’s possible to pick up on what your body knows about the time…

I felt I had a similar ability a short while ago. I felt like I could sense when the telephone would ring a few seconds before it did so. However it only happened a few times.

Also, I read of an incredible example of the subconscious in action: apparently someone was hypnotised so that his daughter was invisible to him. The hypnotist then held a watch behind the guys daughter and asked him to read the inscriptions on it. The guy then appeared to read them THROUGH his daughter!

So the question is not just how powerful the subconscious is with regard monitoring and reacting to the external world but also to what degree it can create it. I’d love to see much more research done on this kind of thing.

Here’s an experiment. When the clock is 5 secodns from the next minuet, count along with it in your head to get the beat. Then when it goes to the next minuet, count to 30 without looking at the watch. See how accurate you were after those 30 seconds.

Now keep the beat on your foot and count to the beat. Now look at the watch again. The result is much more accurate. This shows the conscious is very inaccurate for timing.

I always seem to look at my clock at 22.22, its really weird, it hasnt happened as much lately, but there was a time a few months ago, when I always for some reason looked at the clock at 22.22…

For about week whenever I was involved with something numerical the number would always, ALWAYS be 13. Also (one for the americans) Whenever I looked at the clock it was 9:11.

Something a little more paranormal happened to me yesterday, my friends and I were having a jam session, and after a while everyone seems to be on the same wavelength. For example, when we are writing a song everyone knows when something is going to happen. Anyway, I went to get a CD(we were trying to work out ‘Layla’, I was the only person who owned the CD) and when I got back I was thinking track 7, track 7, and suddenly my friend turned to me and called out ‘track 7’.

Weird.

Nice Hendrixlee :smile:

Sounds a bit like telepathy or strong empathy.

for me this started a few months back
clock: 11:11
clock: 1:11
ok this is weird!
now 9:11
last night’s dream, I check the time 1:11

seriously freaky to just check the time, and have a big red 11:11 staring at you in the face…again! I know I have a powerful bioclock, but being chased by 11’s hah!

Hehe…

I like doing this, I do a really boring job, for example wash the dishes, and I make myself blank out and think about something completaly different, sort of like a day dream (probably is) when I come out of this “trance” the dishes are done and I can only sorter remember doing them.

There is something els that can be done…I can’t really explain it, its like telling your mind to do something by not really thinking about it but…by…kinda like a feeling thing…damn I can’t explain it, for example throwing something in the bin from a distance, you usually tell yourself that your ganna throw it right into the bin, but instead don’t think about it at all and just feel like what your throwing is already in the bin, hard to explain…you have to try it to know what I’m talking about, but I can garanty that if you can do this and do it everytime before you do something, you can do anything.

If I can ever put this into words :tongue: it could be usefull for LD ing among other things.

Mystery

a short while ago, i would hear the phone ring, and that would trigger me guessing who the call was from. almost every time, i got it right, too…

spooky…

but for several years now, ive kind of “seen” the future, or that is, small and random parts of it. i would be doing something, and just like that, i would recognise it, like i had done that exact thing before. if i was watching tv, i would know what was going to be said, even before it was said. and that would be in effect even if what i was watching was something i had never seen before irl.

i think these things were things i saw in my dreams, but i don’t really know. i know that i have seen them at one time or another, just not when…

anyone else had that sort of thing???

For awhile now, I seem to always look at the clock when it’s exactly 9:11, and that started happening after September 11th. It’s kinda like a little reminder of what happened that day :neutral:

OH HELL YEH!!! I knew I couldn’t be the only one!
Same thing happens to me, I just KNOW that I’ve seen that or this before and I don’t know if you do this but as soon as I know that I’ve seen it before I start thinking about what will happen next but I never know what will :confused:
So this can’t be perminision, maybe it some sort of memory? triggered by the object because you paid special attention to it in the “past”? very strange…I have to get to the bottom of this phenominom :eek:

Mystery

i’d be willing to try and make the clock number thing happen as a little experiment…i’ll go with 22:22
do those that have it have any tips?

for me it is always ALWAYS 22:22 when I look at the clock seriously… especially when Im with my gf… :smile: Im so glad to be back lol!