My first LD :)

Ok, I had my first LD last night (well, actually, this morning… ) I did a WBTB, and I THINK I just went back to sleep normally, (I don’t remember doing a WILD) but next thing I know, I’m driving down a country road (which isn’t all that abnormal, since I live in the country) and I think to myself, “Wait, could this be a dream?” At first I don’t think it is, since it feels so real (I had no idea LD’s could seem so realistic…), but I then tried to figure out how I got there so anyway, I was proud of myself for not immediately getting excited and waking up, but then I did something dumber… I wasn’t sure what to do, I was panicky because I was driving, and wasn’t sure what to do… so I did what I normally do when I’m driving… I closed my eyes and said “When I open my eyes, I’ll be completely lucid and on a beach”. when I opened my eyes, all I had was some crazy ‘shaking’ and blackness… I woke back up… I seem to remember reading that closing your eyes is bad for LD’s, or was that something else? well, i’m still gitty that I experienced this, and now I learned a lil’ bit (like how real they actually feel… and never close your eyes while driving) Well, sorry to bore y’all, but I just wanted to tell someone about this, thanks for hearing me out :smile:

Congrats! :happy:

Closing your eyes in a LD doesn’t necessarily have to be bad. It can be a way to teleport yourself to a place you want to be, kinda like you tried. But it was your first LD, so you lack some experience. It may all have strange effects in the beginning, but as soon as you get more LDs, the dream seems to stabilize more easily, its length will increase and you will be more in control of your actions. It takes patience and practice, but in time you’ll get there.

Good luck! :content:

:thumbs: Congrats! :smile:

I guess it was very vivid dream, because it was in morning :smile: I had my first LD in middle of night :smile: Congrats again :smile:

You normally close your eyes when driving??!!

LoL…scary…but nice first LD.
If you like, copy your first LD and paste it into “The BIG first LD thread”, it’s a sticky at the top of this forum.

Good luck with your techniques in your next LD!!

r.f

Well, when driving, I go by the logic that if there’s anything scary going on, I don’t wanna see it… and since most of the time driving’s a frightening experience, it’s much better if I just close my eyes til it’s all over… that way, I’m much more relaxed, since I’m not seeing anything that might worry me. if everyone else would drive like me, there’d be no more stress, and thus, no road-rage, making the roads a much safer place… so everyone, try it out!

personal note: if ever see DaveyWonder driving a car, panic

Anyways, well done on your first LD :smile:. And yeah, they can be incredibly realistic.

As for closing your eyes, ti dosn’t always wake you up. I’ve closed my eyes a couple of times in a dream, with no problems (just open them again after a couple fo seconds, and nothing will have changed).