I did it! after over a year of trying, I did it!

earlier in the week I told myself that I would wake up at 5am and remember my dreams. in the middle of the night I woke up, and quite excitedly looked at the clock, it was 4:45, close enough i thought. i remembered my dreams really vividly, so i wrote them down and went back to sleep almost instantly. i can’t remember any other dreams from that night however.

then on saturday, i woke up quite early in the morning, though just stayed in bed, not even thinking about lucid dreaming, and fell back asleep. i had a very strange dream, but the thing was - i actually thought it was strange while i was dreaming. i didn’t know it was a dream though. i checked my hands, looked at them, thought they seemed a bit strange, but didn’t think too much of it. then i thought “wouldnt it be funny if i tried to fly”, so i did - i tried to fly. i put my arm in the air, superman style, and jumped. it felt amazing, it felt as if i was hurtling towards the sky at lightspeed, and this overwhelming feeling woke me up, which was unfortunate. i’m so happy i’m finally getting somewhere with this. the sad thing is, i haven’t had one since.

Wow congratulations on that one!!! :thumbs: :beer:
Over one year of trying… it’s fantastic that you haven’t given up!

Hopefully this first LD triggers something so it becomes much easier to become lucid.

Good luck! :happy:

Congratulations ! You have been very persevering !

Over a year? Well, you were bound to get one sooner or later with that kind of patience :wink:.

Now, my adivce to you would to start practicing, and put even more effort into it then before :wink:.

Ive been LDing for…5 years now…? Ive only had a handfull. Less than 10, for sure. :razz:

i’ve been trying to get to the same spot where i jumped in the air, in the hope that the place will remind me that i’m dreaming, if you know what i mean. i’ll let you know how i get on tonight.

Be patient MH. You’ve been dreaming one way almost your entire life. Your brain will need to make some pathways to encorporate this new skill. You’ll get there. I still am not very good at it… granted I take a more passive approach to fostering LDs. Congrats.

Be scientific in your approach.

-Write out your plan for the day
-Execute plan
-Observe Results
-Modify Plan

Wash, rinse, and repeat.

This forum is full of ideas and suggestions on techniques, but the common element is that different techniques work for different people. So the only way to determine the best system/methods for you is a scientific approach.

(I agree it’s not easy as life gets in the way)

Write your LD down. If I had not done it, I would still be persuaded that I only have very few LD.

:clap: :good: