NEW Reality Check Tool

Here is is the Vibralite 3 wrist watch and my review below

hearmore.com/store/prodView. … &idstore=0

The Vibralite 3 wrist watch

Through the tundra and past the weathered stone I climbed uphill both ways and finally discovered a wrist watch that fulfilled my long arduous adventure. I sought out them all and was steadfast in my persistence. I finally saw a light on the horizon; I was soon to be finished in my journey. To boldly go where no watch has gone before.

It’s amazing how few watches on the market are equipped vibrating alarms. Amazing! Practically nil. I almost gave up hope of finding a good, all-around watch with impeccable features. I found, scouted and analyzed numerous watches such as Timberland, Swiss, Armitron, Fossil, Timex, Casio, Microsoft, Movado, Seiko, Citizen, and many, many others. I looked high-low, up-down, left-and-right for a decent vibrating wrist watch almost too blurry-eyed super-crash fatigue. I found a few watches that were similar to what I envisioned but not with all of the features of the Vibralite. Finally I struck pay-dirt. And this is where we have the Vibralite 3 VL400. The particular Vibralite model which I purchased.

Let me begin here and say this watch is nice, very… very nice. Highly recommended. An all-around keeper in the most classic sense. I will go into detail why I like this particular watch. I will also mention most of the important features as well as how I use it on a daily basis.

So let’s begin. First on the list comes directly from the owner’s manual:

“Many people have difficulty with memory - some due to medical problems and others simply because they have hectic lives which require an incredible number of things to be remembered. Whatever the reason for your memory problems, the VibraLITE 3 watch will help you to remember important things. Once set, the vibration alarm will serve as a private reminder at the precise time you need to be reminded of something. Only you will be aware when the vibration alarm goes off, and you can discreetly turn it off by pressing any button. Other people will think you have just "remembered something” which of course you have… with the help of your VibraLITE 3 Watch! This affords you the ultimate dignity. Used in this manner, to remember things, the watch serves as a prosthetic memory for you.”

What more can be said, the above paragraph sums it all up quite nicely. Rather broad and missing some minor details but it’s a start. I will detail some of those left out details, but not quite everything because that would be pages and pages long. Please bear me out with this intertwined discussion of the many uses of which this watch can be used for. Let’s start now with the basic watch features which happens to be a good place to start.

The Vibralite watch has six basic operating modes:

1. Calendar Clock
  2. Stopwatch
  3. Second Clock
  4. 1st Alarm
  5. 2nd Alarm
  6. Auto Repeat Countdown Timer

The main screen is the Clock or Calendar Clock screen. The screen is nicely displayed and has numerous functions. The date is displayed in the upper left hand corner. The day is displayed to the right of the date. The day is displayed in letters, MO = Monday, TU = Tuesday, WE = Wednesday, TH = Thursday, FR = Friday. As you can see it’s a nice display. The number of the month although is not displayed on the clock screen.

I found the buttons for the Vibralite 3 to be in excellent working order. They have a good strong punctual feel. They do not feel as though I could break them easily. The watch in general has a strong, light feel. I don’t feel as though I could easily break the watch. The covering of the watch is mostly plastic, although the battery cover and part of the face is metal. If you are looking at a picture of the watch there is “no” function for what appears to be a “vibrating” button on the face. It’s merely writing on the face as I was mistaken by numerous pictures.

I also found the watch band of comfortable wearing. The band is made of leather. Although I did remove the original watch band as I prefer Velcro watch bands. But I still like the old watch band and will keep it around and possibly use it again. I still don’t much understand metal watch bands because they are very uncomfortable at times, although nice looking. My Vibralite is very comfortable with the leather band.

Stopwatch:

A basic function and comes in handy. It’s also amazing how many cheap watches don’t come with a simple stopwatch. Or even a backlight –more on the backlight below.

Second Clock:

One of the most interesting aspects of this watch is the multiple clocks and alarms! Truly handy, 2 different clocks! How cool is this, for example if you are traveling to another country you can use the second clock and pre-set the new time zone. I can just imagine other uses for it as well. I haven’t really put it to use yet, but they do operate fine.

1st Alarm & 2nd Alarm

Just as it states 2 different alarms and can be set independently. Another A+ feature of this watch. There are many uses for 2 alarms; some of them might be for reminders, appointments, To-Do’s, schedules, tests, etc, etc, etc.

Also from the manual: “The dual-alarm feature of this watch is perfect for the use as a travel alarm. The first alarm can be set to wake you, and the second alarm can be set as a “snooze alarm” to wake you again a little later. By setting your watch to vibrate when the alarm goes off, it will not disturb others!”

Auto Repeat Countdown Timer

And finally the Auto Repeat Countdown Timer. The true winning function of this watch. Why don’t other watches have this simple function?

Please allow me divert the conversation and speak about another tool similar to the Vibralite. In order to fully understand the functionality of the Vibralite I’m going to divert my attention for some clarity in this discussion. This tool is called the “MotivAider”. The MotivAider is a simple vibrating-paging tool. It’s merely a countdown timer that vibrates. It has many different functions and options and is very useful. Dr. Steve Levinson inventor of the Motivaider wrote a book entitled “Following Through: A Revolutionary New Model For Finishing Whatever You Start”. In this book he mentions the MotivAider and its potential uses and gives an impressive case for his views. From Chapter 18 of the book gives the following introduction:

“The MotivAider is the only device we know of that was created explicitly to help people follow through on their good intentions. Used worldwide in the fields of health care, education, sports and business, the MotivAider has helped people of all ages achieve a seemingly endless variety of goals.
When I (Pete) came across the MotivAider about five years ago, I was blown away. Behind an unassuming electronic device - it does nothing more than count and shake - stood a powerful realization about human nature and an ingeniously simple way to tackle an age-old problem. Within hours of using the MotivAider for the first time, the device had taught me two lessons that I will never ever forget: (1) Success in all things big and small depends on follow through; and (2) The human mind needs just a little bit of the right kind of help to make it work a whole lot better.
The MotivAider concept emerged from Steve’s discovery over fifteen years ago that the mind, amazingly, has no built-in mechanism to keep our attention focused on our good intentions; that without such a mechanism, intentions are bound to get lost in the shuffle. Steve conceived of the MotivAider as the intention-supporting mechanism that the human mind is missing. The MotivAider was his answer to the question, “What would you have to add to the human mind to make follow through the rule rather than the exception?” As it turned out, it wasn’t necessary to add much at all.”

In addition to the inventor of the MotivAider, Shannon Dunn also wrote in his book “Present Moment Awareness” of a “Focus Tool”. The “Focus Tool” is a simple vibrating timer similar to the Motivaider. He comments on the Focus Rool and states,

“The Focus Tool is intended to help bring us back into the present moment when we have drifted off into fantasies or worries. It acts as a waking alarm clock, a reminder to be aware of the life happening all around us and to participate in it. Very simply, the Focus Tool makes it difficult for us to not stop and smell the roses. Within the framework of this book, it is to be used while practicing the program exercises until the application of the principles become second nature. Note that the Focus Tool described in this book is the one offered by the publisher. However, if the Focus Tool is not available to you, then don’t be discouraged because we live in a world full of potential focus tools. Telephones, pagers, cell phones, car alarms, doorbells and flashing lights can all serve as reminders to bring ourselves out of our daydreams and back into the present.
Little else needs to be said about the Focus Tool other than to use it. The kind of awareness we hope to encourage can become a permanent change in how we live. Because it takes some perseverance in the beginning, we should not hesitate to rely on the Focus Tool continuously when starting the program. With sincere intentions for positive change and a little effort, we will eventually begin to find ourselves already in the moment each time the tool alerts.”

And one of the most unique Focus Tools is the Vibralite.

What does all this explain? It explains the power and usefulness of these simple tools! Period. This may sound un-revolutionary but it really is the opposite and must not be overlooked for the mere simplicity. I cannot state this highly enough. Repetition is also a major key in learning and the Vibralite can also help here as well.

Such a simple tool can have amazing effects and I am living proof having used the MotivAider for years. It’s quite simple to overlook such a simple tool. What I found out was when you simply use it, it is quite powerful! It really does change your intentions, quite dramatically. In reality, it doesn’t do anything except give you reminders of which our brain is not really equipped. I believe we are highly creative not merely time-reminder machines. Creativity doesn’t really involve reminders, it’s quite different. Therefore when such a tool is used it can have dramatic effect. I recommend reading both all of the mentioned books here as they can give uses and perspectives both scientifically and spiritually, very much cross-dynamically.

For even further information regarding time management I also recommend the book “Getting Things Done” by David Allen. David Allen also presents an interesting case for time management. David Allen’s program of time management is meant to combat and clear your head to the point where you think easier, better, and clearer and are entirely more efficient in your time management. Much more could be said about “Getting Things Done” but it too much for the scope of this review, however his philosophy it is intertwined to the use of reminders of which this review is specializing. All this information can be investigated via the internet. I encourage you to do so, quite enthusiastically, if possible. I challenge you.

A simple understanding of how the Vibralite can be used? What is really needed is the simple intention of using it on a regular basis. The Vibralite can build an iron will if you have the desire. Well, that said how do I personally use my Vibralite?

Learning

I use the Vibralite to keep my attention span at its optimum level (explained below). I also use the Vibralite to imitate flashcards. I find flashcards for learning and studying almost essential. However, the Vibralite can take the place of a flashcard and increase your memory at the same time. Especially when I’m working and I may get distracted, the Vibralite will divert my attention back to my intended flashcard or what I may be studying for the day. Review and repetition are extremely important in learning. These two aspects of learning are probably the most important and should not be overlooked. Anyone taken a physics or calculus class will understand the importance of repetition and review to remember math and the many different operations for equations. Very, Very Important.

Studying

At times I limit my studying time. Why would I do this? In “Where there’s a Will There’s an A” Claud Olney presents a case for how our attention span can phase in-and-out. Throughout even an hour of time our attention span can dramatically change from high-to-low. If you are aware of your attention span you can use a reminder and not study past your low-attention span period. For instance it’s better to study in short bursts then longer periods. This keeps your attention fresh. Take short breaks then resume studying and your attention will be more focused. I use the Vibralite to keep my attention span at its optimum level. Paul Scheele has been known to use reminders such as these to increase his photo-reading attention span.

Cooking

Believe it or not I use the Vibralite a lot when cooking. Easy as pie. I like not having to worry about checking what I am cooking. This can have some powerful effects. When I do not worry about cooking time I don’t have it in my head and this keeps my head clear. I can also focus on another project at the same time. I can then effectively multitask and get the tasks accomplished in a shorter period of time. The Vibralite clears my head so I don’t have to worry about the time factor. It clears your head so you do not have to think as much about the time-factor. Time has a way of collecting in our head especially if you agonize or worry about things in the background. This sounds simple but the Vibralite can have dramatic effects in time management. Refer to the book “Getting Things Done” by David Allen.

College Tests

Just having a watch during a test is very handy. The countdown timer is especially useful in this situation. Watch that time, especially if taking a math test.

Limit Computer time

I do on occasion, limit my computer time. It’s amazing at the amount of time that can be wasted by surfing the internet or even using computer programs. I limit these because they can be time-vampires. Try this experiment, merely time yourself when you are surfing the internet. You may be amazed at how much time passes so seemingly quickly. I limit time on my computer with the Vibralite because of the wastefulness that the computer can be.

Lucid Dreaming

Two broad areas of lucid dreaming are Reality Checks and Lucid Living. Lucid Living is explained above by Shannon Dunn. It’s basically being present and aware, and living in the moment.

Lucid dreaming is a large subject area and can only really be covered through learning, books and mostly experience. As Buddhist as it may sound, I cannot really explain what lucid dreaming is, you must experience it. This is probably the single most important idea to understand when talking about lucid dreaming, time-and-time again. If you are unaware of lucid dreaming then what I am speaking of will just be an idea to you and not hold much validity. However, I do see the Vibralite as a new tool for lucid dreaming such as the Nova Dreamer was years ago. Not a new concept but when used for reality checks the Vibralite can be very useful. As you can see from this review the areas for use of the Vibralite are broad. However for play, let’s look at another area where the Vibralite may be of use.

Let’s do a negotiation experiment using the Vibralite.
For example, let’s say you have a thriving business. You are involved in real estate and you need to negotiate better. You are an OK negotiator but need some better tactics. You may have read some great negotiation books but need a little help. Here’s my plan:

1. Make bullet items or a simple flashcard containing the learning items. I would write down what I want to learn, this will reinforce what you wish to learn. Or you could remember a simple mnemonic, PPTF = Planning, Place, Tactics, Follow-Through.
  2. Set the Vibralite countdown timer for every 30 minutes or so. Important: Use the review in the real world. For example, you’re at work when the Vibralite goes off, look around, see if any of your negotiation tactics can be used where you are at, at the moment! For example if you are talking on the telephone, try and use one of the negotiation tactics you are learning. This will dramatically anchor your learning to real-world experience! Real world experience is the best, hands down! Period!
  3. Keep reviewing and reviewing. Practice, practice, practice. Everyone learns at there own pace. Learning may take hours, days, weeks or months. Some beliefs are harder to change than others. Simple but powerful.

I believe that by using the above technique you can learn many conceptual items much better and faster. I have made it a point to learn things in the real-world if possible. My other rule is that I learn with purpose, if it’s not really important to me I do not study it. This is called applied knowledge. I do not learn useless trivia. This has dramatically changed how I learn.

I have done this many times and noticed how dramatic it can be. For another type of reminder, you can use a low-tech version. You simply use the rubber band method. For instance, put a rubber band around your wrist. When you notice yourself saying something you want to change merely SNAP the rubber band on your wrist and remind yourself to change the behavior. The rubber band method works a little different because you have to recognize what you are essentially doing in the moment. You have to recognize your intention without necessarily having an external reminder such as a Vibralite. I believe the rubber band method makes you aware and very conscious of your intended actions because you essentially have to remind yourself of your intention. You have to notice what you are doing. In my experience, I used to say cuss-words quite often without even noticing myself saying them. I decided to change my words; it was pretty easy for me to accomplish this using the rubber band method. I still very much like the method. Very, Very, effective. Works almost every time, plain-and-simple and effectively changes beliefs. If you cannot afford a Vibralite or a MotivAider simply use the rubber band method. Very low-tech effective.

Let’s look at some of the other miscellaneous Vibralite functions that should be mentioned.

Alarm Modes

1. Vibration ON
  2. Beep ON
  3. Vibration and Beep ON
  4. Vibration and Beep OFF

These are self explanatory, and are merely the different options for all of the alarms. As you can see there is a wide variety of alarm options. Not to mention the countdown timer function, 2 separate alarms, in addition, 2 separate clock functions. However something should also be mentioned, when the alarm is set and the alarm goes off, the back-light will also blink. It will blink until it is manually shut off or the countdown timer resets itself. I personally like the blinking back-light feature and find it useful.

Important information from the owners manual: When the Countdown Timer is set for more than ten minutes, a short single reminder will advise you of 10 minutes remaining and then at 5 minutes remaining.

In my opinion this is one of the major drawbacks of the Vibralite (half-heartily). However, it may also be very useful in many situations, let’s examine. As mentioned the countdown timer gives a short vibration at 10 minutes and then 5 minutes when the countdown timer is set for more than 10 minutes. Remember there are other alarm modes (beep). For example, lucid dreamers may find this function especially helpful. With the 10 minute then the 5 minute warning beeps these could effectively be used when sleeping and preparing for the final reality check when the countdown-timer reaches zero and then the alarm will sound. The alarm will stop after approximately 20 seconds, which is a good amount of time especially if you are sleeping. I have not completely figured out if my theory is correct but I think the warning beeps could be potentially useful because in theory the warning beeps would “prepare” you unconsciously for the reality check that you are going to do. The warning beeps could actually be very beneficial. Interesting!

Electro-Luminescent (EL) back light:

The EL Light AUTO ON option turns the back-light on by tilting your wrist. I found this option worked flawlessly without hamper.

Miscellaneous Vibralite attachments:

There are several models of Vibralite watches. The Vibralite 2 is a previous version of the Vibralite 3 which does not have an automatic-restart countdown timer. Be careful in choosing your watch and make sure you know all of the options for the different models. Also check out the Model VL300L Vibralite 3. This is a unique Vibralite watch with a very nice polish gold emboss. A little higher in price but very nice looking.

Water Resistant (30 Meters)

1-Year Warranty (on watch functions only)

I am very pleased with this watch. Right now there is not another wrist watch on the market that can compare. There are some nice watches even other watches that do vibrate, but they do not have the options. Support the Vibralite co. and their product, they do deserve it. I appreciate you reading this review. Have a Vibralite day.

Seems like a nice watch.
Didn’t know they existed.

amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de … e&n=507846

well if you plan to buy one through amazon please do it through ld4all :smile:

I could use my phone in almost the same way :tongue:
I would only need the repeat alarm because it already vibrates.

Maybe I should put my phone under my pillow to see if I can induce a LD with it.
Guess that would be VILD = ‘vibration induced lucid dream’ :grin:

haha, that’s interesting. though i doubt this will actually work to help you induce any lucid reams. the whole point of reality checks is that you get into a routine of doing them, and you remember to do them yourself. there won’t be something vibrating in the dream, you’ll need to remember to check yourself. at least that’s how i understand it.

mad, If you do an RC every time your watch vibrates, then set it to vibrate while you’re asleep and in REM sleep, your subconcious will pick up the vibrating and you’ll think to do an RC, and discover you’re dreaming. that’s the ida. Looks like a great tool, but I don’t wear watches.

I agree with you ChicoRaton about your RC point. I have only had the opportunity to test it out once thus far. Looking forward to more tests, while sleeping. Terribly more comfortable than wearing a NovaDreamer.

I also agree with you madhatter… in getting to a point where you recognize and remember to do a RC yourself. Essentially, not becoming too dependant on a tool (Shannon Dunn alludes to this) It comes down to recognizing what you are doing. Simular, I believe to using the rubber band method, you have to recognize what you are doing, the rubber-band does not do it for you. The rubber-band method is merely awknowledgement of the RC. You remind yourself that you did the RC with the rubber-band. Wake up I did a RC.

hmmm…interesting.

this looks great… i want one!

Does this really work? I’m afraid it would wake me up.

WOW man if I didn’t know better I would say that was some sort of ad Lol. I only read a little bit of the beginning and the lucid dreaming part, but from what I read the main thing you were trying to say is that the watch can be used for RCing because of its multiple alarms and countdowns?

This watch seems like a great idea. I think I’m gonna put it on my wishlist for Christmas! If anyone does buy this watch, please tell us if it helps induce Lucid Dreams!

This would be great if you need to use it while you’re at school or work, and don’t want to disturb anybody else.

Great link, DMT.

I just bought my vibralite yesterday on an ebay auction

I should be receiving it thursday!

I will let all of you know its capabilities lucid dream wise when i test it out

Hey,

I bought the Vibralite3, and I have been using it for some time. A week or two, maybe.

Although it has not resulted in any lucid dreams, it has helped me doing RCs much more often. I now do RCs at least 7 times per hour throughout the day in every situation. This is many times the amount I did it before I got the watch. I feel that it has really helped me increasing my awareness by reminding me of my intentions for LL and RC in situations where I normally would be totally engulfed in what I am doing, like when I was arguing with this idiot at my workplace. It kind of also gave me a nice feeling of being detatched and superior :wink:

The best thing would be to remember it by myself of course, but I am convinced that this can really help me getting to the point where I don’t need the watch anymore. It’s important not to think it will do all the work for you.

Since I am betatesting another LD product during the nigths I have not been able to use it while I sleep as often as I would like to. The nights I have done so it gave no results, but maybe when I am able to do it more often as well as work hard on mental preparation it will.

Dysamalex… Have you tried making it go off in REM sleep…?

And is there anyway to adjust the intensity of the vibration on the watch?

thanks

Brumans… So far I mostly just set it to vibrate every half hour. This means that it automatically vibrates when 10 minutes and 5 minutes are left from the countdown as well as every 30 min (when it vibrates for 20 seconds). In addition it has a function so that it vibrates every full hour. I kind of just figure that that amount of vibration would have to hit the REM phase somehow.

I have tried to put the countdown on 90-100 mins to hit the REM-phase once, but it had no effect (apart from occasionally waking me up, as it sometimes does). I’ll probably experiment with that in the future, though.

You cannot adjust the intensity as you can on the invisible clock.

Yes, Dysamalex I use my Vibralite in practically the same way. Doing many RC’s through the day, quite handy. I wish I could wear mine at work, that would be cool. (manual labor here)

p.s. guys, too bad you cannot change the vibration intensity, that would be a really nice addition. Also, on my watch when you turn on the backlight, then switch to a different mode the backlight turns off. A minor quiver but I would like the backlight to be on at all times when switching modes.

Using the watch now for a while I guess I do really like the warning beeps (or vibration) on 10 minuites then 5 minuites, when using the countdown timer. :smile: I just like it.

awesome, hopefully i’ll get mine today.

I bought the silver more expensive one, but got it for about the price as the other ones on eBay :smile:

Yea, I got the silve one as well. It looks quite good, I think.

BTW, I had my first lucid dream in around 2 months this night. I give credit for this, at least partly, to this nice watch.