What is really shared dreaming?

-Is it done any scientific research on shared dreaming?

-When 2 people have a shared dream, they are together in the dream, and both dream the same?

-Is it any reason to be afraid of shared dreaming?

And this last questions is for people who has experienced a shared dream:
-Do you have a religious or scientific viewpoint on it?

-Do you see any factors that could cause a shared dream?

Thanks.

Well im not shur if any scientific research has been done but my beliefes on shared dreaming are:
Yes, when two people sahre a dream they are in the same dream, the energy that makes up this universe cna be controled by strong feeling, that is why shared dreaming is usauly between loved ones.
there is no reason what so ever to be afraid of shared dreaming
im going to skip the rel. sci. veiwpoint ques.
Shared dreams are usualy caused by love or a want to be connected to somebody close, at least thats my veiw on it.

hope i enlightend you in some way. :om:

Im not sure how scientific the experiment was but there were tests done on shared dreaming and similar topics and they were outlined in the book “Holographic Universe.” The book is completely interesting even if you don’t subscribe to the theory behind the book. The book probably has a bibliography where you could find the resources for the dream studies.

Recently we had an interesting discussion about a scientific explanation of shared dreaming: https://community.ld4all.com/t/shared-dreaming/9964
We didn’t really come to a conclusion, but we felt it has something to do with converging brainwaves. Kinda like when you throw two stones in a pond. After some time, the resulting waves of both rocks collide and you get interference: the waves can strengthen each other or they can cancel each other out. This way I think a shared dream might be a collision between two brainwaves which were accidently focussed on each other (same wave energy and such). This analogy would implicate that a shared dream can be recognized fairly easy, because of the interfering waves of the other dream. Both dreams could melt together to some sort of a mixture which then opens the gate to explore each other dreamscapes.

Hmmm, Im not sure whether I really believe in shared dreaming or not. I have had dreams where I am walking down the road or something and Ill see a friend that will say “Hey!! Were Dreaming!!” and I will spend the dream talking with them, but when I call them up the next morning they say they have no idea what I’m talking about and dont recal even dreaming that night. I dont know whether that was a shared dream and the other person didnt remember, or if they were just a regular dream character.

I don’t think it exists. Last year in college, I lived with a group of friends and we all talked about our dreams. There were many times that we had dreams that involved each other, but even though we all dreamed about each other, we didn’t dream about the same scenario, etc.

My personal opinion is that your dream world is the universe within yourself. You’re looking at your circuitry, so to speak.