Making things in dreams

I have tried very hard in my LDs to create things, but it never works. I look straight ahead, turn around, and think in my mind, THAT PERSON OR THING IS THERE! I turn around and nothing happend. I really try to believe that its there, but it never is.
Do you have any tips on creating things in a LD?

Try again.

lol! “Try again.”

I have an idea :razz: Close your eyes in the dream, the imagine that it was already there. Or…pick up an object that was already there and mold it into the new one like clay. Or…just try again. :cool_laugh:

You could also try looking at a specific place where the item/person is more likely to be found. If you are looking for a teacher, check the teachers lounge at school. And so on. Same with items.

I had that same problem. Just try to imagine the thing around the corner or in the other room, or majbe in the drawer near you and so and so. It realy helped for me… use your imagination, you don’t have to reapear things right in your hands, other room should do it… That is the first step, but we all learn, don’t we?

I know how you feel. I have so much difficulty making pancake batter in my dreams.

Too many lumps :grrr: .

I find if I think about it oo much, it doesn’t work.

if I want like a clock or summit, I’ll just reach into my pockets or turn around. if I dont think about it too much, it’ll be there.

Make a plan before you go to sleep. Write it down and memorize it.

“Tonight I will, change the location of my dream. I plan to close my eyes and when they open the location will change”

The next night, make it a little more specific.

“Tonight I will, change the location of my dream. I plan to close my eyes and when they open the location will change to a place with a sky”

You can see how your practicing an in dream skill. Like any skill start small and work your way up. Writing it down is an excellent way to reinforce it.

ive tried all of this, nothing works. i look over the corner, its not there. i turn around, its not there. i close my eyes and imagine its there, its not.

Lucid Lover,
If you are so much convinced it won’t work, it won’t !
I think you are willing and making effort too much. You are handling your inconscious roughly, and in counterpart, it frustrate you.

You have to convince yourself slowly it is possible ( and easy!) to change things in a dream.
First of all, don’t try to create things which are important for you. Create very little things. On the other hand, it’s perhaps more difficult to create things ex nihilo than to modify them. Try to alter things which are already in your dreams. For instance, instead of create things, make them disappear.

There is another possibility I didn’t envisage before. The consistency of dreams may vary according to the lucidity state. In such consistent dreams, it’s more difficult to modify the reality. If so, you would have to modify your lucidity. But I have no experience about this.
What do other dreamers think about all that ?

If I expect something to be there it usually isn’t there. One thing you could try is acting like the person/ thing is already there.

Example: You want to use a gun, act like you already have one. Just aim and pull the trigger and the gun usually appears there in your hand. Or it might just shoot invisible bullets :tongue:

Example2: You want to find someone, think that he/she is in another room and when you are walking into the room talk to the person like he/she is really there. Hopefully the person will be there.

Another way is to use voice commands. You tell yourself ‘I have a gun in my pocket’, don’t just think it really tell yourself. And then put your hand in your pocket and you will find a gun.

I was trying to set up an LD so I could practice wakeboarding, but I have to have a waterway, a boat, and a wakeboard for that to happen. So I decided to try to teleport there. I concentrated on turning around to see a teleport pad on the ground. I turned around and saw a glowing white circle and I jumped into it. I felt this tingly electricity all around me as my vision went out temporarily. The only problem was that I wasn’t concentrating hard enough on my destination because I ended up in the middle of a snowy forest instead :eh: . I did change locations though so I guess I just gotta work on the accuracy a bit.

When I have problems making things appear, I just ask another person in my dream to give it to me.

Example:
“Hey, could you give me a gun please?” or “could you hand me a knife? there’s one in the drawer over there.”

This usually work for me anyway. Also, if you are trying to make things appear (or walk through walls etc.), I find it helpful to focus beyond the action. Let’s say that you want to find a mobile in your pocket. Don’t focus on the fact that you are trying to make it appear and that it may not work, just belive that it is there (the rules of expectations in dreamland) and focus on what you are going to do with it once you have it in your hand (just like you would IRL when you get something from your pocket. You don’t think about the fact that something you already have in your pocket/drawer etc. may not be there if you are going to use it, you think about what you are going to do with it. Think like that when you are dreaming to).

yea I use that “expectation” method too trying to make things appear too. I just usually have more trouble getting to a specific destination. I wouldn’t use DCs as a way to get objects though, personally. It always seems like once I become lucid, their “AI” goes crazy and DCs say really weird stuff when I ask them questions.

its funny how ive tried all of these… it just doesnt work. im going to try to be much more positive in the dreams now.