Japanese Dream Incubation Device

I heard about this… mentioned briefly on TV, but I thought that this might be of good use for us and at a price cheaper than the nova dreamer (only $150 USD).

Apparently Yumemi Kob, or dream workshop, works by having the person look at a picture of what they want to dream about, then record a story line. During REM sleep (probably by just using a timer) the ddream workshop creates lights, audio and smells to induce the dream. The machine then wakes you up after 8 hours so you remember your dream.

technovelgy.com/ct/Science-F … NewsNum=36
novadreamer.com/discus/messa … 1075979032

For continuous up to date information:
google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& … tnG=Search

thats interesting, if the timing was off and it started early i wonder if youd become aware in the middle of the dream when REM starts.

Well I don’t think the device is intended to give lucid dreams, but incubate the dream of your choice, which you could choose to be a concious dream.

Yeah, unless they use some kind of REM detection I don’t see how it could accurately turn on during REM periods… timers just aren’t adequate.

looks like one of those trendy toys to me, nothing more. you might as well just use the MILD technique.
i don’t see how the waking you up after 8 hours makes any sense with dream recall… if you have the dream you planned for in the middle of the night… and you have three others after, being awoken then would probably mean you’re more likely to remember your last dream, rather than the one you wanted to have.

and how does it get the pictures of what you want to dream about? it means your dreams would probably have to be about things you’ve whitnessed, or are already in some database someone built for the machine… meaning it’s pretty useless if you can’t even “create” a dream that is far fetched from reality.

it just looks like one of those “spiritual toys” you buy to feel cool for a week or so and then you dump it in your garage next to your yoka books and pilate tapes.

Heard about this too. I also heard that only in 20% of people that tried dreamed what they wanted to.