Too much LD ? Is it possible ?

Do lucid dreamers experience that a upper limit in LD exists, above which it impairs the natural recovering functions of sleep ?
In other terms, if the frequence of LD is very high, does it weaken the repairing and regenerating functions of sleep ? :crazy:
After lucid dreaming a lot, do lucid dreamers feel tired, and do they feel the need to alternate between nights with normal sleep and nights with LD ? :sleeping:

Could this trouble occur, indeed ? At the present, due to my LD frequence, I don’t have this kind of problem :happy:

Im not expierienced dreamer, but i think there’s away to loose lucidity at will (haha, fool who does this :tongue:)…

The jury is still out in the scientific community as to why dreaming exists. Some say it is helpful for getting rid of junk, others say it is wish fulfillment, others say it helps select important brain connections, and still others say it is to make sure the eyes move, keeping the air flow to eyes going while the rest of the body is paralyzed.

Even the reason why we sleep is open to debate. The prevailing belief is that we sleep to regenerate or heal ourselves in some way. Others say it is to conserve energy. I’m inclined toward the latter, since sleep-deprivation studies have been done in which people go without sleep for over 100 hours, sleep in for 14 and then feel fine.

so, basically, we don’t have a clue.

But, from what I can tell, there are people who LD every night (some people naturally, other’s by technique) and don’t seem to be too tired.

After all, you’re still asleep, and tis still REM.

yeah, totally agree with Sureal :smile:

I used to get tired for being lucid all the time but that was high level lucidity, something that is rather rare to me nowadays…s ort of… I dunno.

The thing that pisses me off is waking up from an LD and not being able to go back to sleep, like, last night I succesfully MILDed into my first dream lucid, but, I woke up very quickly and though I was tired I couldn’t fall back asleep for 2 hours.

Basilus West

The answer to both questions ( in my opinion and my experience ) is no.

I actually find lucid dreams to be more restful to my body than ND.

I seems logic. I would have agree. That’s why I posted this question, because it would be strange that lucidity could change something.

And others are tired, as they told me on a (very little) French LD forum, and that surprises me. :confused:
I wanted to verify here, with a lot of dreamers.

It is very interesting problem

hard to say if we have selfdefence mechanisms which could protect us from bad effects of too many LDs (if any exists of course).

If we have them - ok, but from another point of view…

…maybe ability of being lucid in our dreams is just too NEW for human race and we just didnt have enough time to “develop” them… (it could be a looooooong process)…

I hope you understand this pulp above --my english sux :sad: