MILD Mantras

Sorry about that. Unfortunatly the technique did not work, but I don’t have an amazing LD rate, (maybe 1-2/month). I am improving on that I think though.

I had this really long one once… it went a little something like this…

“The next time I fall asleep I will dream of a white dove. When I see a white dove I will realize that I am dreaming.”

I would repeat it over and over and hold a vision of the white dove. I did it for a week… repeating it to myself all the time. I was having a patch of bad dream recall however and I don’t know if I actually dreamed of the dove or not.

I think a more reliable way to do MILD is to remind yourself to do a RC as you fall asleep. You will have to urge to do it, but you remain asleep and when you enter a dream you will eventually remember to do it. I also try to visualize myself doing the RC and getting the usual results that I would if I was dreaming. In my case, everytime I see my hand, the fingers are all wavy when I stare long enough.

Hey, could you please tell us what kind of visualization do you use, lucidity master?

Bump

For LDs I use:
“Next time I’m dreaming I will realise I’m dreaming”

For recall I use:
“I’m going to dream now, and when I wake up I will remember my dreams”

I usually accompany recall with visualisation, haven’t tried LDs with it yet though. My visualitsation often gives me an FA, helping me to remember my dream in the real awakening.

When I do MILD as I’m falling asleep, I use “I’m going to dream now, I’m in a dream, I’m aware of my dream.”

I usally just go “I willl remember my dreams, and i will realize that i am dreaming”

however so far i have had no LD, but i will tonight!!!

Usually “next time I’m dreaming I’ll realize that I’m dreaming”. Strangely I say this in english in my head :smile:

Another thing I like to remind myself of is that, “Inside this room, all of my dreams become reality”. My favourite quote from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory :smile:

Right now. I am writing a story and I need to piece parts of the story together so I try to LD. When I want to LD, my mantra usually is “I am (Enter name of character here)” and then “I am dreaming”. It hasn’t been that successful… Yet…

any1 here achieved an LD from this mantra mild technique yet

I have. Without any reason at all, the idea that I’m dreaming pops into my head and off I go.

Wow MeZergy, that’s a cool idea!

I love to write too, and I was trying to think of how I could use lucid dreams to help with that. So I intend to play out “scenes” from the story in my LDs and see how my unconcious thinks the characters would act since it probably knows them better than my concious mind.

What are you writing about?

I find to use the MILD technique I have to be very tired. Almost like im fighting to stay awake. This way I instantly fall asleep once i let myself.
Doing this is how i got my first LD.

and i usually just have the intention of having a lucid dream.

:grin:

Lucidity Master. Visulization is necessary

:smile:

What do you visualize when doing MILD mantras?

And isn’t it hard to focus on doing both?

That’s almost exactly what I say, because I borrowed it from one of the Brainwave Voyages tracks that I was fortunate enough to get my hands on before they became almost impossible to find. The actual recording said “The next time I’m dreaming, I will realize that I’m dreaming. Am I dreaming? Am I dreaming, right now? Is this a dream?” One of the reasons I used that particular mantra (just the first sentence), is because it was part of my usual external induction recording. I figure it may be have been more effective if I used a line that I could also play throughout the night while I slept.

Whoa Awesome, I used Lucidity Master’s mantra last night, and I had 3 LD’s, New record for me!!!

I had success last night with a rather subtle meditiation technique. I lay on my back and used the sensation of becoming lucid as my meditation object, trying to remember LDs where I had that sensation particularly vividly. As the meditation progressed I relaxed my focus on the sensation and just maintained a general awareness of it as a meditation object, as if I was meditating on a sign for the sensation rather than on the sensation itself. (One of my books calls this a ‘reflex object’). I suppose this is a version of MILD, with a dhyana technique later in the process.

The lucid dream was not triggered by a reality check. Rather, it just seemed very obvious and natural that I was in a lucid dream.

By the way, I find that I have to continually change my techniques as a technique will often be very successful for some time and then wear off. Does anyone else find this?

Sounds like a great technique, illumination!! Did you read it somewhere or did you develop it yourself?

I don’t really have this. Most techniques I use work pretty fine, even after months of practice. Perhaps the fact that after some time, the practice has become like a habit, your awareness becomes a bit… conditioned, thus less focused on what you’re doing. This might have a counter effect. But if you keep at it every day I don’t think it should pose a big problem. Even after a long time of practice.