Pretty places to dream about

Somewhere on this forum, there are some photographs (by Ivi) of a beautiful and surreal place in Latvia.
It gave me the idea of a topic where we could put all sort of pretty places, so we could dream (lucid or not) of them. Of course, they have not to be known too much. It doesn’t worth it if we put here the Grand Canyon or the Tour Eiffel.

To start this topic, a photograph of the walled medieval city of Carcassonne, South of France. I hope you didn’t know it.

Here is a pic of doone vally,Its a big pic so I’ll just put up the link.
img39.photobucket.com/albums/v11 … valley.jpg

Great idea.

When I need some inspiration for places to visit in the dreamworld, I usually look for pictures that are a little more… surreal (though I do love that castle in the initial post). One of the better sites I found was Digital Blashphemy. Unfortunately the majority of the artwork on the site is only available to paying members, but you can still get an idea for their quality by checking out the free samples. Also, I believe all artwork becomes available for free when it’s been up on the site for a certain amount of time.

Does anyone know of a similar collection of surreal landscape art? It’s not easy to find.

modernartistspaintings.com/–44-89-0–.htm has a lot of surreal landscape art in it.
And you can always look though prints.deviantart.com/digitalart … andscapes/

Deviantart is the best place for stuff like this.

Waw ! Deviant Art is cool !

Angel falls, venezuela… amazing scenery

And check out these guys base jumping at angel falls

https://kimrari.com/public/index.php?dir=&file=jeb_2003_big.wmv&PHPSESSID=12972e997b95dd7d7d1183eee9721066

Now that’s something to dream about!!

:bow:

That was pretty sweet, Macrophage :happy: I’ve seen that before, and it was still as awesome as the first time, but I wouldn’t want to be the guy who gets sucked into Angel Falls :bored:

deepdarkdigital.com/gallery/index.html
digitalart.org/art.categories.php?ID=25

Search for artwork from Eric Knight Holbrook. He’s amazing :smile:

Wow, those are fantastic, Mystic! Thanks to you and Biohazard for the links. :smile:

I’ve searched DeviantArt before, but they tend to have mainly realistic landscapes, where I’m usually searching for alien or surreal versions. There’s just something about fantasy landscapes that makes them easier to lose yourself in - not to mention they’re more interesting, since the artist is only limited by their imagination.

I like to stare at them for a while before meditation, or sleep. They’re very inspiring.

Wow, Angel falls is now added to my list of places I have to visit in the both the real and dream worlds, along with Machu Picchu:

[/img]

check this out
its in poland
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=0 … s=&o=&pns=

album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=8 … =&o=&pns=8

album.com.pl/album.php?id=2541

album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=2 … =&o=&pns=2
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=1 … &o=&pns=14
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=1 … &o=&pns=16
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=1 … &o=&pns=15
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=4 … =&o=&pns=4
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=3 … =&o=&pns=3
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=4 … =&o=&pns=4
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=5 … =&o=&pns=5
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=3 … =&o=&pns=3

album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=2 … =&o=&pns=2
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=1 … =&o=&pns=1
album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=6 … =&o=&pns=6
https://https://www.album.com.pl/zdjecie.php?p=3&al=70

ok i think that it would be enough for u… too many links is not good :wink:)

Atheist i think i may have in mind exactly what you might be talking about when you say alien. when i wasd down at the beach a couple weeks ago there was this artist at some mall that made these amazing paintings of alien landscapes. i bought two of them and there are absolutly amazing. they most fantastic part tho is the fact he made them entirely by using just spray paint cans. really there awesome. if i can find my sisters’ digital cam and get it two work ill show you what i mean.

On ImageShack there is LOTS of mindblowing landscape art to be found. Check these out:

img12.imageshack.us/img12/9040/without_time.jpg
img12.imageshack.us/img12/6199/no_name.jpg
img8.imageshack.us/img8/9135/clouds1.jpg
img8.imageshack.us/img8/5222/wintersun.jpg
img8.imageshack.us/img8/8463/onlythesun.jpg
img8.imageshack.us/img8/7825/lasttrip.jpg
img7.imageshack.us/img7/2886/sk15.jpg
img7.imageshack.us/img7/5625/ddd-0161.jpg
img7.imageshack.us/img7/3365/snowcene2.jpg
img8.imageshack.us/img8/1371/steelblue.jpg
img23.imageshack.us/img23/4799/7 … 20terr.jpg
img23.imageshack.us/img23/382/light1.jpg
img24.imageshack.us/img24/9943/desert.jpg
img24.imageshack.us/img24/3446/m … final2.jpg
img5.imageshack.us/img5/8050/corri0x1.jpg
img27.imageshack.us/img27/8501/barugato.jpg
img15.imageshack.us/img15/198/space.jpg
img3.imageshack.us/img3/7711/thr … island.jpg
img25.imageshack.us/img25/8797/Project9.jpg
img8.imageshack.us/img8/7852/4271.jpg
img30.imageshack.us/img30/2088/D … erence.jpg
img3.imageshack.us/img3/9532/fee … e_1024.jpg
img3.imageshack.us/img3/7053/PureTerragen.jpg
img9.imageshack.us/img9/1704/hid … ey1024.jpg
img9.imageshack.us/img9/5567/RealSunset1024.jpg
img28.imageshack.us/img28/1586/T … al1024.jpg
img28.imageshack.us/img28/2286/U … d_1024.jpg
img19.imageshack.us/img19/6219/x … 9_1200.jpg
img19.imageshack.us/img19/2944/shine.jpg
img20.imageshack.us/img20/3652/2141.jpg

Other brilliant sites for landscape art:

geocities.com/verybadcrc/
terradreams.de

wow! :happy:

all of these places look amazing! Mystic? are any of those pictures computer animated? they look too beautiful to be real.

most of this pictures seems to have been generated using terragen, which is a free program for non commerical uses. https://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/ looks like a quite cool program

ok heres the two pics i was talking about in my last post, sorry bout the crappy quality.
img78.photobucket.com/albums/v25 … gs_002.jpg
img78.photobucket.com/albums/v25 … gs_001.jpg

DreamAddict: I’m not really sure… Probably Tomas is right. But I know the ones made by Eric Knight Holbrook are definitely computer generated.

i messed around with that terragen program that Tomas mentioned in his post. the program is really complicated and hard to understand. after messing around with it for a couple of days i came up with this:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/ … rnacle.bmp
tell me what you think

blazinfish, it looks very artificial…but practice makes the master :wink: