What are the best times of the day for reality checks?

For example, should I do one every time I wake up and go to sleep? And are there times I should do it when a certain thought goes through my head or something? Or does it help just as much if I do them at random? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find anything.

Repleh i would do it regulary spread around the day!
So do it at least one time in the morning, one time at midday and one time in the evening. Spread it. So your memory gets used to it and gets programmed to it that it is a normal recurrent thing.

I dont do rc’s i do the opposite…i just do several times a day the practise that life is a dream and then i observe its marvelous detail level :wink:
Then in a dream, like at day time say automatically say “Wow!, this is a dream” and become lucid often because of that.
Its an old yogi way to get more conscious about consciousness.

Jeff

Whenever I remember.

But I find one everytime you wake up also helps (especialyl with FA;s).

I agree with Jeff and Sureal.
One everytime I wake up for false awakenings. And when I notice a dreamsign in real life : for instance, I often dream of driving a car, so I do a RC every time I enter my car. When I see some strange thing in real life too.

The first thing you do when you wake up!

It can always be a false awakening. Also a good way to remain lucid if you have a FA in the middle of your LD.

You should do them throughout the day and night and as often as possible. If you are just starting out you want to do like 20-30 RC’s a day.

lol yer its a lot but it works :happy: do a lot b efore sleep as well that helps heaps :smile: and really try when you do them, dont just do them

Yep I do this too. Has a wonderful effect really :smile: But you can couple this to RCs perfectly: whenever you’re thinking of doing one, consider you are dreaming at the moment. Imagine everything you perceive is like a dream and feel the excitement in your body upon this realization. Next, search for evidence (by means of RCs) which prove the fact that you’re dreaming. You probably won’t find such evidence, but really do at least five different RCs before you convince yourself that you’re awake.
I think starting from the belief that you’re dreaming can be more effective in dreams, then when you start from the perspective that you’re awake.

I do basically the same thing. I know it sounds like a lot to do but, it really is not and it helps.

Also, do not treat it like a chore. Keep it fun, stay committed to doing them and do the exercise seriously.

Yes Mystic i found it always better working then doing dc’s. :smile:

Milod789 thats true…do all that u do from joy and interest then it works way better because more personal interest is linked to the practise.
It simply works better :cool: