Emotions in dreams

Im not quite sure if this is the section that this topic belongs in so if it gets moved thats fine…

Anyways, one thing i have noticed with some of my dreams are that i get very strong emotions out of them and even upon waking, the emotions can stay with me for a long time and totally change the way i think about something (or someone). For example, a couple years ago i used to live in this neighborhood and across the street was this girl i really really liked alot. we would hang out alot and were pretty much best friends. But then i moved far away and never made contact with her again and kind of forgot about her after being sad for a while.

So i think im over losing her right? well no. i have a dream one night and it is very long and vivid and she is in it with me. i am so happy to be with her and we are having the best time. when i wake up, i start to feel really sad about her not being around anymore and i realize how much i miss her and im not over her.

i think its so amazing how influental dreams can be. almost every single night i have a dream that influences my mood, feelings, etc… throughout that day.

i get that too.

i wonder why…

Yup, I get it too. Especially love seems to be a strong emotion for me in dreams. And I seem to get really angry in dreams sometimes, but that emotion doesn’t seem to stay with me too long.

This could just be that my angry dreams happen early during the night and love dreams seem to happen during the morning.

Feeling are just chemicals in your body, that’s probably why they last so long.

I’ve noticed my dreams having more emotion in them when I’ve been feeling more emotional in RL. When I feel anger in a dream it’s always towards the people I haven’t been able to show it to in RL.

in my life i had moments that i didn’ show my emotions towards other people, i didn’t want them to be worried about me that i didn’t feel good…it was a year ago. and my emotions blew off in my dreams :crying a lot, shouting, and saying to myself that i didn’t belong to that place where i were and where i am… i was just reserved in real life, and in dreams i can let myself go…neverthless i had dreams after which i was totally messed up during the day…that was terrible. I think that our real life affects our dreams in some way, otherwise we could ve only heavenly dreams…but its a kind of experience, to gains sth, to achieve our goals… dreams help with dealing with our emotions in real…

I once had a dream where my brother risked his life to get a inflatable boat but the worry I felt in the dream was unbearable. For the next few days I was pure kind to my brother. It was pretty wierd

I have this dreams too… such dreams as you mentioned, makes me feel depressed for a whole day afterwards…

I know exactly what you mean, bigjedman. When it’s a really good dream, I get mad when I wake up.

I know how you feel,I have had dreams about people that I don’t know and I fall in love with them but then I wake up and get pissed cuz the dream seems so perfect.

That is the whole reason I have a very hard time waking up. Because with just waking up, I always still have my dream feeling, even when I cant lay a hand of what I have been dreaming about.

When I can remember… I really really don’t wanna wake up, Although my dreams are mostly very very exciting. I seem to having a lot less stress in them… So I always try to go back dreaming about it again as long as I can

I’m always more relaxed and confident in dreams, usually happier as well, wish I could stay in the dreamworld for a few days.

Yesterday, I had the opposite experience. I was happy enough when I went to bed. Sometime in the morning, I dreamed that some work colleagues were laughing and joking about some work I had done. I felt terrible and woke from this dream feeling so depressed. :sad: The feeling wore off as the day went on, but it was not a good way to start the day.
Probably caused by overactive female hormones :tongue: :crying: :smile:

starday and biohazard, you guys are completely correct. thats exactly how i feel. in fact, i had another one of these dreams last night and its put me into a depressed mood today because the dream was so great, but upon waking up i get depressed because its all gone and it wasnt real :cry:

im too sensitive anyways. oh well

almost all of these types of dreams end up being about girls i love/have loved

Well when I have dreams like that I think to myself that stuff like that can really happen IRL and thats its not just a dream.

I have this kind of dreams too. As well as some people i know.

These ones are great, of course i mean love dreams, sometimes i fall in love with someone i know, sometimes with someone i can’t even clearly see… In second case, the best thing is that you get an opportunity to learn to feel love independently from object. The character’s image fades, but the feeling can be still here. Though it can happen only if you don’t try to force the feeling to apply to some known person or imaginary one and leave it just like that. Feeling sad or aggrieved will simply kill the love very fast.
Otherwise, single reminiscence of that dream makes you feel great, opens some new door in yourself