Was this a Lucid Dream???

Ok i’m new to all this lucid dreaming stuff i’ve read little on the site my friend told me to post on here…i’m hear just to tell u about this weird dream i had…i have another one to tell u about after…

ok it was about a year ago…i was sleep half way on my stomac and side with my arms tucked insideunder my stomac…i opened my eyes…and i felt weird…i thoguth i was awake…but i felt liek i was paralised…well sort of…it was like i was so tired i couldn’t move…i could hear this loud fan noice…like the fan on my computer…but lounder…then i stared to float…and hover over my bed…i could control how high i coudl go…and it felt like i was awake!..it was so weird!..i was kinda afraid…but at peice…like i way so tired i didn;t care…i then floated down to my bed…i could still hear this fan noice…i then tryed to float again but i woak up!..i lyed there clam…i was like what th hell just happed???..so i got back into the position i was sleeping in…and i fell asleep again very fast…(i neevr fall asleep fast)…but i wasn’t sleep…it was that weird feelign again…but this time i could move my hands…but i never…i tred to float again…and i did…and that fan noice was there again…i couls then see a fans shadow on the upper part of my wall next to the ceiling…so i floated up there and looked at it…when all of this was goig on i didn’t ahve any other thought in my head only about floating and that fan noice…i then looked down…and i woke up…

it was so weird…

this was the first dream i ha where i was floating liek that in my life…and…it was the first dream i ever had that took place in my room…

i;ve tryed a numebr of times to tryand fall asleep in that position…but it never worked again sence…

was this a lucid dream? it was so cool…i want to have another one!

Well a lucid dream is defined as ‘you know that it’s only a dream’ so technically if you didn’t think it was a dream while you where floating you wheren’t lucid.

But I would say that since you where aware that there was something wrong because you where floating you where lucid. It’s just that since you haven’t had a lucid dreams before you didn’t know that dreams could be so cool and real, right :grin:

So the next time this happens you will know it’s a dream and then you can fly out of the window and go where ever you want. Just remember to stay calm otherwise you can wake up from being to excited.

Good Luck with your dreams :cool:

I don’t think you were lucid but prelucid. According to your description you knew something very strange was going on, but you didn’t actually realize it was a dream. The level of control you might have had while floating above your bed hasn’t got anything to do with the level of lucidity. The only prerequisite which is necessary to call a dream “lucid”, is a certain level of self-awareness which makes you understand the true situation you’re in, namely a dream. You were close though :smile:

Btw nice OBE-like effects :wink:

Good luck! :smile: