My quest for Lucidity is getting harder and harder....

I had a LD the second day after reading through this forum, since then I have had 5 LD s, but what is bothering me is that each LD was harder and harder to achieve then the previous, I haven’t acctually thought about this but I have started trying to have a LD again after I got over the flu I had for a week and this though crawled its way into my mind.

It really is getting harder…but I don’t understand why, shouldn’t it be getting easier? shouldn’t I have more LD now? esspecially after 5…

:help:

Mystery

Maybe you’re just not trying hard enough.

I had the same problem, when i first found ld4all.com i started training my dream recall. It got better and better everyday that passed by, but recently i can only remember tiny bits of my dreams, its really anoying. So im starting to do more RCs and im going to make myself a dream journal (at the start, i thougt it wasnt necesary(pardon my french!) also i was too lazy to write down my dreams), but i’ve read on the forums that its one of the most important things in LDing.
So from this day, i will start to write my dreams down!!!.. if i remember them… :tongue:
runs over to a box and starts looking after a papersheet

Yes, once you’ve had your first LD, you know what’s it all about. And the brain’s finally got an impression of that too. Theoretically this should indeed improve the induction of following LDs. I say theoretically, because there are some things you need to consider:

1. It doesn’t stop once you had your first LD. Now it only begins, and the hard thing is that you must keep practicing at all cost if you want to get more LDs.

2. In the beginning, practice is EXTREMELY important. The only experience you have so far is one LD, or a few.
    The encouraging feeling you had after your first impressions of the lucid state have their effect on you only during the first days after the LD (or a week if you’re lucky). It’s a subtle feeling of extacy in the back of your head. After this, the feeling practically vanishes until the only thing remains is the memory of your LD. It now takes some visualization back to the LD before you can feel the dream emotions again.
    This emotion is felt after each LD, but is often at its strongest after the first few LDs.
    Now, why am I telling you this? If you practice diligently, you can use this feeling to trigger more LDs. For instance it can be used to deepen the mental visualization when you’re doing RCs in waking life, or it can be used to strengthen your intention of having a LD. This can be especially important in the beginning, because this LD feeling can be of great help to stimulate your brain and identify yourself with the lucid state. This way, chances to get another LD increase highly.

3. As Zorb also mentioned, a dream journal is very important. Some people might say they don’t need it. True, but a dream journal can always add some extra motivation and intention. Plus, a dream journal offers you the opportunity to learn more about your specific dreamscapes. This in turn helps you to recognize specific recurring dream situation, which can be used as dreamsigns. These in effect can be used to do develop your own RCs, based upon your personal dream features.

4. If you keep practicing every day with the same motivation and intention, LDing will improve. I cannot tell you how long it will take. This depends from many factors. But improve it will.

5. In time you will gain more LD experience, and once you’ve conquered the initial LD problems, you will notice that lucidity seems to come easier. Ofcourse you will still encounter some problems, but they have more to do with the state of lucidity itself, and not so much with the actual induction of LDs.
    The LD induction still needs daily practice ofcourse, but the practice is now more a method to support the nerve paths in your brain which facilitate lucidity. This is an important difference with the beginning of your LD practice: in the beginning there was nothing, and you had to build all these neural pathways, so daily practice was absolutely necessary. Once they’re finally there, you only need daily practice to be sure that these pathways remain where they are so they’re strengthened in time.

It’s good news to hear that you’re back. But as I mentioned, daily practice is really crucial in the beginning. Keep at it, and one day your LDing will improve.

Good luck! :smile:

Thanx for encorouging me, I haven’t witten anything in the DA for a while now, I’m going to start again today.

thanx for the help :smile:

Mystery

Your welcome :content:! Also because of i did alot of reality checks yesterday and saying “I will remember my dreams” and other stuff like that, i had a really long ND last night. I dreamed i was at a Linkin Park concert :grin: that rocked

What is the DA ? Sorry… :clown:

:eek:

DA!?? I meant DD (Dream Diary) bad bad bad bad typo!!!
:shy:

:ack:

Mystery

as James McCloud would say…

“Never give up. Trust your instincts.”

yeah, same problem with me :smile: you can check my DJ for dreams :smile: hehe, last dream was about few weeks ago, i will start it again. After i back from spain. :smile: cheers