First lucid dream? Or is it?

Greetings all, I am Bubseph and though I have lurked these boards for at least a year now, I have just now begun posting here.

Throughout my life I’ve had a variety of dreams and nightmares that were ‘unusual.’ When I found LD4ALL, I began to understand these strange happenings better, and my quest for lucidity began. And though it has been a bumpy road, I have had various success.

It is 4:40 AM where I am now, and I have just woken up from a very strange half-lucid dream. Before I go to bed every night I say “I am going to have a lucid dream,” and “Lucid dream tonight,” and occasionally I will say, “I am dreaming.” I was particularly tired yesterday, and went to bed early, at around 5:00 PM. I fell asleep rather quickly, and had a strange dream.

My family was having some kind of picnic outside of our house, so my brother came over, and we went into the backyard, which was extremely big and very, very green (mind you, this was an extremely vidid dream for the most part). We then went over to our shed, which had also grown enormous compared to it’s real-life size, and there were hanging lights (the ceiling was very high, it was almost like a warehouse), and my father was in there, and cleaning something, but I can’t recall what. I asked my brother where his lightsaber was (NOTE: Two days ago, I asked my brother if he still has that toy lightsaber we used to play with, in real-life, which explains why I asked this), and he said that he lost them. But I looked next to my dad, and there was a rack with four lightsabers, a blue one and a purple one are the only ones I can remember. I picked up the purple one and said, “No, the lightsabers are right here.” Suddenly, I heard yelling, and turned my head, and saw a man with a goatee and long brownish-yellow hair, dressed in black clothes, arguing with a beautiful woman with blonde hair. I acted as if they were supposed to be there, but soon the entire focus of the dream shifted to them, and the guy was getting angry so he started to yell even louder, but I knew what he was saying now: “LUCID DREAM! LUCID DREAM! I AM DREAMING, I AM DREAMING!” And he was just screaming that over and over, and suddenly I was almost completely lucid… now, I was sitting in my computer chair (where I am now), and on my monitor I could still see that guy screaming, and I was really excited. I turned around in my chair, and on the shelf that is behind me was something strange, a gnome! (NOTE: Several days ago I heard a song that makes several references to Gnomes, and that song immediately popped into my head upon waking up.) The gnome looked pretty angry too, but was a stuffed doll for all I knew. So I stuck my hand out, but instead of picking it up, I started to move my fingers as if to make it dance telepathically, but it wouldn’t move. Then for some reason I gave up, and said, “Okay, time to wake up, let’s go!” And then opened my eyes and woke up. (Time of waking: 11:00 PM).

Despite it being a lucid dream, I was not in control, I would have never done something so silly as to make a gnome dance. Even the shelf it was on was much bigger than it is in real life. There is no room on that shelf for anything to fit on it.

But I have had many dreams before this that were partially lucid. Only two I can recall however. I will say that I am extremely lucky compared to most lucid dreamers, as almost everytime I dream, it is a vivid dream, and my characters or even myself in the dream are always making references to dreaming and lucid dreaming, which will make my dream much more vivid, if not lucid. But I have been practicing this stuff for a year now, which would explain it! :happy:

I know this was rather long, but I felt like sharing it and seeing the responses of some other members here.

Thanks.

• Bubseph

Hi Bubseph! Welcome to LD4all :happy:
Glad to see that you finally registered :smile:

Now that’s a great way to become lucid! Perhaps the shouting guy was another LDer, and you entered his dreamscape (or vice versa). If only that would happen everytime we dream :smile:

Don’t worry about not being in control… It’s quite normal. Actually, LDs in which you have almost everything under control are extremely rare. I think it’s better to let the dream organize itself for most part. This way you may get surprised by the outcome of some situations. Having full control makes everything so… strict and probably pretty boring.

Good luck with your next LDs! :smile:

Thanks for your reply, I thought of going back to bed to see if I could trigger another LD, but I slept way too long to even fall back to sleep. :tongue:

When it comes to lucid dreams, I do not want to be in complete control, I want to explore the world my mind creates, speak with dream characters and get to know them, and maybe even plot a trip to the Shire (I love Lord of the Rings). God-like abilities? Of course not. It’s more fun to read a book that someone else made than read a book that you wrote. You don’t know what’s around the next corner, you don’t know what the character is going to say next or how he will respond to a certain event.

Well that’s that.

• Bubseph :smile:

Sounds like it was similar in reason to my first and only full lucid dream so far. I believe, that if you’re not fully lucid, your brain will fill in what you would do if you were.:wink: