Help me choose a domain name.

What domain do you like best?

I am starting a new site that is based on lucid dreaming and I haven’t figured out a name/domain name yet.

I’ve been trying some simple ones, but it is very hard to find a good sounding one that is not already taken.

Some of the names we have tried, only to find them taken are:
rudreaming.com
lucidrealm.com
ldreality.com
ldworld.com
lucidlife.com
ldnet.com
ldvision.com
lostreality.com
lucidvision.com
dreamplanet.com
realitycheck.com
lucidview.com
dreamdomain.com
closedeyes.com

The few that we have tried that ARE available are:
worldofld.com
enjoyld.com
notawake.com
beyondsleep.com
lucidityquest.com

but none of these really have that “ring” to it.
So if you have some free time, try to think of a name and go to godaddy.com and see if it is taken. If not, then post it here!

Thanks!

I tried and I tried… But virtually every domain I try is already taken. It really disgusts me how all these lucid dreaming related domains lead straight to an advertising site. :sad:

stokesy, try dreaming on the domainname, perhaps it will come to you in a LD, and what better way to find a domainname for a ld site :happy:

and btw i have been there, when i was looking for a domainname

i dont remember where it was but it was a site that gave you alternate suggestions when your name was already taken.

my eye fell on ld4all and i just knew that was the right one.

the rest is history :peek:

[edit]ah found it, try doing the search on directnic.com

and btw lucidvoyage.com is still available :grin:

hey stokesy, welcome back.

i prefer .net names for websites.
the .com name is too common and i think the com means commercial (?) which doesn’t suit some websites.

i’d vote for beyondsleep.net if it was available…but try Qs method…dream on it (.net…lol)

Yeah, I was thinking about getting a .net or a .org. The only problem being that people might go to the .com site by mistake. but i guess it would just take getting used to. Plus there are a lot more .net’s available than .com’s.

Yeah, I really like beyondsleep also.

stokesy gave me a few to make as a poll! :happy:

Ok cutie pie, I voted. :happy:
I picked lucidland because it sounds like a cool place to visit in an LD.

I picked lucid-land because I put the name in a hat and picked that one :happy:
although, URLs with - dashes annoy me. :tongue:

I chose beyondsleep. Sure, it would be nice to have the word “lucid” somewhere in the domain, but I didn’t really care for the other suggestions. And like DA, I prefer not to have the dash in there. It wouldn’t really bother me what was chosen, though.