2nd LD!

I finally got my second LD last night! I believe it was through chaining dreams (a technique that I had never even used before, or intended to use until I woke up). I used it because anytime I wake up during the night, its rare that I have a dream in my mind. This time, however, I did (which I have now forgotten :bored: ), and I just thought “Give it a shot, kid” and I span myself into the dream.

Suddenly, I’m in front of a mirror, and do a nose RC. I look at myself in the mirror, laugh and see “I am dreaming!” This was the unpleasant part. As soon as I said that, everything around me became a blur, and I felt a terrible sense of heaviness and dizziness around me. I fell to the ground, and tried to say something, but my speech was slurred and I couldn’t make it out. After a few seconds, I got up, and mustered my strength and said,
“INCREASE SPEECH QUALITY NOW!” and it worked, the rest of the dream was pretty good as well. Highlights:

-Finding out I have a natural ability to control my dreams. I simply turn around, say what I want, point where I want it, say now, and its there. I made a whole gladiator arena appear out a window, I morphed people out of nothing, I simply put my weight around.

-Kissed a girl: didn’t get any further.

-Dream ended where it began: a bathroom.

Anothre strange thing was that a lot of the DCs changed to elderly over time, or were elderly.

Can somebody please tell me if the speech slurness and heaviness feelings are of any danger to me? And if anybody else has had them?

:thumbs:

Congrats

That’s pretty good for a 2nd LD! Congrats :happy:

They’re not dangerous. It was only your 2nd LD so the speech slurness seems to be just one of the many teething troubles you have to overcome in the beginning. In time, once you gain more experience, it will get better and these strange side effects will disappear. Perhaps the heaviness was another similar side effect. Or you suddenly wandered between dreaming and waking, experiencing the heaviness of sleep trance. Hard to tell…

Keep on LDing :content:

Phew, well that put a few fears away for me. Another thing I noticed, was that when I woke up, for the first time in ages, I ddin’t feel tired when I woke up. I felt…awake, I felt like I could get out of bed with ease and get ready (which I never do anyway, lol) and start my day fresh, I didn’t really have that “just 5 more mins” and falling back to sleep approach.

Congrats :thumbs: :clap: :beer:

No place to go from here but up. like mystic said things will get better as you have more lucid dreams. You just have to get used to it.

Happy dreaming :smile:

I OFFICIALLY LOVE CHAINING DREAMS! :grin: I got my 3rd LD last night from the same technique!

I’d had this dream where I was walking through a swamp, and I heard this noise, and it was this huge aliigator I was standing on. I woke up, and “span” myself back into a dream. I was in this ship, and I went into a cabin bathroom: the light wouldn’t work. Peculiar. So I done both nose RCs, and voila, I was dreaming.

I got a bit freaked out in this dream as even when I wanted to wake up (I said, “Wake up now!”) I wouldn’t, so I thought I was stuck or something. I wanted to wake up because I knew I was gonna forget most of the stuff that I done: which I have. The highlight was driving a HUGE tank around this ship! :cool: