Possible WILD?

Something very strange just happened to me. I was trying to get to sleep about 45 minutes ago, while listening to Clark Kent’s LD Test 12 preset for the Brainwave Generator. It didn’t take long (1 or 2 minutes) before the weird stuff started. I got a tingling feeling in my legs, which kept going on. Eventually it was kind of like they were being pushed down. The same thing happened with my hands. I could still move them, but it was more of a “lack of desire to move.” (During all of this, my heart was beating fast.) Then, I started having trouble breathing. Some weird noises started coming from the headphones. First, what seemed to be a children’s choir singing in a huge room (like there were echoes), then that turned into a “winter wind” noise. Then, I heard a police siren. After all of that, I felt like what seemed to be someone standing over me with a big heat lamp. I could feel the heat on my arms, but it came in waves. These feelings lasted for about 10 minutes, then I broke it up and got out of bed to post this.

I want to know some things. :smile:

1. Was this WILD?

and

1. If it was, how can I enter the dream this way. The same things kept happening, there wasn’t any “advancement” into the dream world. Maybe I didn’t wait long enough? (And should my eyes be closed at all times? I kept opening them.)

Feedback would be appreciated.

:grin:

I’d be hesitant to say “yes”, because it didn’t sound like you were technically asleep when you stopped listening and got out of bed. However, I would say that you were well on the way, even if it didn’t seem like anything was happening after that point. These sensations you were experiencing were hypnagogics (HI), which are a clear indication that your body is falling asleep. The trick is to ignore your real body (and the rest of the real world, in fact), and concentrate instead on the images that appear in your mind during this process.

In my experience, the longer you lay there wondering when you’ll find yourself in a dream, the longer you’ll be unable to fall asleep. The simple act of monitoring your condition is usually enough to keep you awake. So, you have to completely ignore the real world (and your position in it), and focus 100% on the images in your mind. Try to manipulate them consciously, and involve as many of your senses as you can. Picture yourself in a familiar location (I say “familiar” to help with keeping the image consistent), and imagine it in as much detail as you can. How it looks, how it sounds, even how it might feel if you were holding or touching a part of it. The purpose of this is just to distract your mind while your body falls asleep in the meantime. If you’re concentrating on staying in control of the images that you’re seeing, then you’ll hopefully remain conscious while you fall asleep, and the dream begins.

Good luck with it.

I’d just like to add that you have greater chanse of succeeding if you try this after sleeping for a few hours.

And I’d like to say that I agree with Atheist, if I focus on my body or anything IRL I can’t almost go to sleep at all. And if I keep going it I will usually end up gettin SP or cool HI :grin: But if I focus on something in my mind and completely ignore everything from IRL then I can accelerate the falling asleep process by a lot. Then again this usually end in that I suddenly wake up from a dream. So I have started imagining things for maybe 1-2 minutes and then I check back on how my body is doing. If I’m starting to get SP or HI patterns.

This way you can fall asleep faster but still be aware of what’s happening. But I seem to always end up falling asleep anyway.

I tried listening to it again last night, and all the same things happened…sort of. Something even more weird happened. My heart started racing suddenly, and I just started twitching. A whole bunch of images just started coming, just bam bam bam bam bam. Really weird stuff. After about a minute, this all stopped, and I went back to normal.

Also, I have a question. I tried to do what Atheist told me to, to try to concentrate on my dream body, and nothing in the physical world. It actually kind of felt like I was, but then the rise and fall of my chest (due to breathing of course), moved my hands (which were on top of my chest), and directed my attention back to my physical body. I know you’re supposed to be really still, but how can you when you’re breathing?

Another thing is that when the tingling feeling started, it wasn’t throughout my whole body. It was just in my legs and hands. Isn’t it supposed to be everywhere? Maybe I’m wrong.

One last thing: when I was lying there, trying to do this, I found it hard to even concentrate on anything but the physical world. My heart was beating, my breathing was heavy, I just seemed nervous. Should I calm myself a little more first? And then the noises, which seemed to be coming from my bedroom, so I kept opening my eyes.

More…feedback? :smile:

For me SP usually starts with tingling in my legs and hands. Then after a while I start feeling vibrations in my entire body. So you seem to be doing well :content:

Just practice a few days and see what happens.

I may try it again tonight, but then again, doing it in the dark of night, when you can only see shadows in your room is a little freaky when you’ve got people whispering in your ear from the HI.