ranks brainstorm

To have over 1500 posts is something.And i guess this something should be clearly noticed.So id agree with Jarod about dream diety over 1500.Actually it does not have to be dream diety…any would do,but i think it must be special…and custom title…id say one deserves it after reaching over 2000.
I think so because it is good when one reads answers to his posts and sees the title,so he knows hes got the answer from someone who knows the topic well.And this knowledge comes after long time being here,reading and posting.
But after all…im quite happy with it all like it is…just this dream diety count is too low.
Take care:)

How about custom titles given by site admin to all those with 500+ posts or something? Titles would of course be authored by pasQuale as she sees fit. That’s the first thing that popped into my head anyways.

I wouldn’t mind loosing the title “dream deity”. Considering what the name means I think only a few people should have that title. And I think that might keep people more motivated to help newbies and such things because then they get more posts.

And I don’t really feel like a “dream deity” I still feel a bit like a like a newbie. I would describe myself as a maybe Sominologist if I only go by the experience I have.

Some suggestions (I’ve put Dream Deity as the highest rank, because it’s difficult to go higher than a god :smile: ). My sister came up with some excellent ideas while brainstorming:

500-999: Dream Catcher, King Lucidity
1000-2499: Subconscious Master, Prophet of Illusion
2500-4999: Lord of Lucidity, Dream Pope, Lord of the Dreams
5000-9999: Dream Deity, Enlightened Dreamer

Nice going mystic’s sister :tongue:

I like those names :cool_laugh:

Haha, ‘Dream Pope’ that is kind of funny.

mmm…i like dream catcher and dream deity from your list mystic.

rank badges…anyone below 1000 posts should have only coloured plastic stars…silver stars and gold stars are a bit too expensive, they should be given to the 1000+ posters only.
:tongue:

how about trying to integrate a “Silver, Golden, Platinum” type of rank. We could have lots of ranks then! :happy:

“Silver Sleepwalker” “Silver Novice Dreamer” “Silver Lucid Initiate” etc. etc. until "“Golden Sleepwalker” “Golden Novice Dreamer” “Golden Lucid Initiate” etc. etc.

great suggestions everybody!

keep them coming :content:

i like the plastic; gold; silver and platinum thing.

im working on an entirily different approach where you first have to collect parts of the star before having the actual star. i can do something then with the silver, gold and platinum maybe :happy:

i want to surprise you with the actual ranks (so it will be a bit of a discovery) so i wont tell you my ideas :razz:

0-9 posts “Sleepwalker”
10-49 posts “Novice Dreamer”
50-99 posts “Lucid Initiate”
100-249 posts “Sominologist”
250-499 posts, 4 stars, “Lucid perfomer”
500-999 posts, 4 stars “Astral explorer”
1500 posts, 5 stars Lucid Master"

2000 Lucid Magician silver stripe added
5000 Lucid Wizard Golden stripe ,
10000 Lucid Controler/ Lucid God/ Lucid Deity platinum stripe

you could also use rainbow colour for 10000 and above!
And some addings like choose your own name from 2000 posts or 5000 posts.

I can’t wait to see what you come up with. :smile:

I think more customized titles would be cool.

The different colored stars is a good idea but, I would give them all different ranks. In other words have titles for silver stars then different titles for gold and so on.

Not a bad idea at all milod789 :wink:

I thought of a diffrent way of thinking in this one

0-9 posts “awake”
10-49 posts “yawn”
50-99 posts “sleepy”
100-249 posts “napping”
250-499 posts, 4 stars, “sleeping”
500-999 posts, 4 stars “REM-stage”
1500 posts, 5 stars “dreamer”
2000 posts, “Lucid dreamer”
5000 posts, “definate lucid state”
10000 posts, “what you want yourself”

something like that :smile:

thats a cool way to look at it starday!

Another idea:

Above a certain number of posts, say 2000, the poster gets the chance to choose his own personalized rank. The rank can be anything, but ofcourse it must comply with the basic rules (not too long or too short, no offensive language,…). Unless that’s too difficult to establish? Just an idea :content:

yes, above a certain no of post you will be able to chose your own rank :content:

( i will install that custom title mod :grin: )

If there are going to be custom titles there definately should be something else common for everyone…like stars to it or golden/platinium stuff.
I still like the idea of making it clear and visibile at first sight whos posting without having to look at those small posts numbers.
Actually the less complicated system the better.

0-9 posts : “Sleepwalker”
10-49 posts : “Novice Dreamer”
50-99 posts : “Lucid Initiate”
100-249 posts : “Somniologist”
250-499 posts : “Oneironaut”
500-999 posts : “Twilight Companion”
1000-2499 posts : “Knight of the Ethereal Gates”
2500-4999 posts : “Lord of the Lila Veil”
5000-9999 posts : “Multiplanar Hierophant”
10000 + : “Ancient of the Planes”

I’ve a lot of other stupid ideas, like Hypnopope, Astral Titan, Oniromagus, etc…

maybe if people over 1000 want to, they can pm a mod and ask for a custom title, if not, they can keep whatever is assigned to them.

i don’t mind dream deity, particularly.

basilus west i like them!
oniromagus lol :happy:
keep them coming!

i do search for titles that can be male and female, so things like lord are difficult.

thanks again everybody for great inspriring suggestions!

if your mind is tickled dont hesitate to post some titles :smile:

holy realty and jack if the custom title thing is installed it will be activated by a certain postcount. you can then chose to change it or leave it as it is :content:

so until 1000 or 2000 (still have decide the number) you will have the normal stars title thing, and then after that you keep the maximum stars and you will be able to change your title.