Body? What body? I'm just a pair of floating eyes

First things first, I’ve surpassed my own expectations and more or less spontaneously had an LD on the first night that I have managed to actually remember any dreams since starting this hobby which is really spiffy. <|:D

Strange thing though, I noticed that although I was conscious and generally in control I didn’t have a body per se. I felt more or less like a floating pair of eyes without a body and only when I did something that would bring a part of me into my field of vision would one manifest (although I didn’t get any tactile sensation from it regardless).

Anyone got any clues as to why this was the case? Any ideas as to how I might avoid it next time?

Thanks in advance :razz:

You were a pair of floating eyes? Rofl :tongue:

In my case I’ve noticed that my own dream body is by far the most unstable dream object. While everything else seems pretty stable, I often see subtle changes in body parts, like the amount of fingers, arm and leg length, perception of the body as a whole,… I’m not sure what causes this… The mind has more troubles when constructing the dream body, perhaps because the body can’t be interpreted as “something out there”, but has to be treated as a vital part of itself. It’s obviously easier to construct the rest of the world, which is considered as 3rd person, than the I, which is 1st person.

How to avoid it? Perhaps concentrating on the body might help. Become aware of your body as irl. Mentally check the major body parts and then look at them, while expecting them to find them right there.

Good luck :smile:

Congrats on your lucid dream!

Talking from my experience, I would say that in a lot of my lucid dreams, I have no body to speak of. I just drift through objects like walls and I am quite ‘floaty’. Occasionally, however, I have dreams which involve more of my senses including touch are used and then I feel like I have a real body in my dream.
I really don’t know why this is.

Congrats on the dream.

I suppose thats something to work on in LD’s though, establishing a body. Perhaps once you can develop enough control to have a full fledged body, then maybe your might have more control over the dreams themselves?

I cant remember that I ever see something of my body at all in my dreams.

Although since I walk over the internet with LD in my head I had one dream with a mirror (I never dreamt about mirrors before) and I was putting my bra on but front to the back, very strange you would say, but I didn’t think that way because my hole body (the part with the stomach and the longues) was turned around, so my bra went on wel, only my legs, arms and head were facing the wrong direction.

That is the only experience I have with seeing my own body in a dream

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice and for sharing your own experiences :content:, I’ll give the ideas you’ve given me a whirl next time and let you all know how it goes.

I know exactly what you mean… When I’m running in a dream it feels more like I’m kicking my legs in the air and I hover across the distances :om:

When I run, I don’t seem to come any further. Flying is the way of transport in my dreams :smile: