Amino acids

I was talking with Jeff and he told me that there are 2 amino acids that help with LDing.
They are : phenylalanine and tryptophan

Phenylalanine (about 2 grams) should be taken with honey (about 3 grams) and be taken during the morning. I guess that this would be during WBTB then, if I understood it right.

I hope jeff will post here after me explaining more exactly what they are about and how well they help :grin:

/edit/
Found two places in Finland that had Phenylalanine, so I decided to buy it.
It’s called RX-Optimizer and should be available in most countries :cool: , the cost was 29€ for 60 1g pills.

Jarod i got a serious eye infection, when its healed i reply this topic!

:sad:

It’s ok, I’m in no hurry. I hope you get better soon Jeff

/edit/
There’s also one called acetylcarnitine that helps :grin: . Is there a difference between acetylcarnitine and L-carnitine or is it just different names for the same thing? This one can also be found for about the same price as phenylalanine.

Can one use several amino acids at the same time or is it better go cycle them. That is use one for a month and the switch to the other and so on. Because I assume that one will have to increase the amount to get the same effect after using it for a while.

And how about getting a package that contain lots of different amino acids? That should be cheaper but will they iterfere with each other? Sorry for all the questions :grin: but my brain loves information :tongue:

I have been trying phenylalanine for 3 days now. First 2 days I did WBTB and then I took it before going back to sleep. The first day I couldn’t go back to sleep at all. The second day I only slept for 30 minutes after taking it. Today I didn’t do WBTB I just got up and took about 1 gram instead of 2 grams the previous two days.

I managed to sleep for about 30 minutes again :cry: Each pill did contain 7.5 mg of caffine but that shouldn’t make me wake up. Maybe I’m just a bit too sensitive to phenylalanine :confused: And I don’t even feel tired when I get up after taking it. But I do get HI almost as soon as I put my head on my pillow and turn of the light.

Try a lower dosage then Jarod, but i took it without guarana.
I experimented with guarana and its strong!
Prob the combi of phenylalanine and guarana in your pills add up to waking up more early :sad:
But yes its quite possible that u are more sensitive to phenylalanine then me.

Try to take it then a bit earlier, so after 5 and a half hours of sleep.
(After how many hours of sleep u take it now?)

I try to do WBTB after about 6 hours of sleep. Seems like I have to try only taking 0.5 grams of it then.

Jarod how many hours do u sleep normally?

Mm i took even to 6 grams of it at midday naps and slept good on it while on taking cola light that contains both…caffeine and phenylalanine i cant sleep at all if i take only a little to much.
So the combi works adverse to sleeping.

I usually sleep 8-10 hours. But considering how little I’ve been sleeping lately I should be sleeping something like 12 hours the next time I get to sleep properly and then I will get serious REM-rebound :cool_laugh:

ok then taking at after 6 hours of sleep sounds good :smile:

I took phenylalaine of the brand lamberts its eng, there u got no adds to it.
No guarana or caffeine plain added.
Guarana can be a bitch…remember its not just caffeine in guarana there are other substances in it that add up big time.
The caffeine in guarana is slowly released but the the other substances not.
So it could just be the guarana/ phenylalanine combi that works out bad here.

Well take less and see how it goes!

I have tried taking only half a pill, but I can’t still sleep. And even if don’t use the honey I can’t sleep. Seems like the guarana is very powerfull. Even if I take take 50 mg of caffine I can go back to sleep without any problem. Guess I will not have any use for those pills now :cry:

Damn! That really sucks! :sad:

Mmm yes i tried guarana once and i dont like it, its really stronger then caffeine. Works a bit differently also.

Maybe in future u can do the same test with pure phenylalanine with no addings to it :confused:
One thing is for sure it wasnt the phenyalanine that kept u awake because u also tried with no honey and phenylalanine isnt able to pass through the blood brain barriere without the 3 gram of honey, so it was the guarana that messed all up, damn. :sad: