Another Lucid Dream, but with a twist

I had a VERY STRANGE partially lucid dream last night. It was another one of those where i was dreaming, i knew i was dreaming, but i couldnt think of what to do in the dream.

in the dream, i walked into a room and saw myself sitting down doing some work. the dream ‘me’ looked up and was like “omg it’s myself” and then I [the ‘currently dreaming’ me] realised that i had this same dream the night before, but from the perspective of the other me, if that makes any sense?

has anybody ever had a dream like this?

Wow… Now thát’s weird :eh: When you had the same dream (from the other perspective) the night before, was everything else exactly the same as in this dream? Even the environment and everything?
Nope haven’t had such a LD before, and I’ve never read of a similar case either… The subconsciousness really keeps me amazing :smile:

yeah, everything was the same in both dreams, right down to the echo that my voice made because it was in a hall. it was so strange. i woke up shortly after though, which was annoying.

Amazing… Hopefully others experienced the same kind of strange recurring LDs. It’s really intriguing :content:
Perhaps you can reenter the dream through dream incubation… If you want to, try to visualize strongly the dream situation you were in during WBTB. This might work if you try really hard. Background drumming sounds might strengthen the effect, but are not necessarily needed :tongue:

tell me more about the background drumming thing…it sounds intriguing…

Well, shamans used it for ages to go into a trance-like state of mind. It must be quite monotonous drumming, preferably with no more than three of four drums. Keep focusing at it and the trance-state will come quickly. In this case it means that you will be entering sleep faster and more conscious if you keep focused. If you do it during WBTB, after you just awoke from a dream, chances are very high that you will reenter the dream. However, if you imprint a mental picture of any dreamscape whatsoever, it will work aswell. The reason why drumming works fine, is because of the frequencies of the drums are similar to the frequencies of the brainwaves which are emitted during trance-like states (alpha waves). So basically it has the same effect as binaural beats and programs like Brainwave Generator.

i’ve played around quite a lot with brainwave generator, and i’m on the beta testing team for some new software which is going to be released, that doesnt require the use of headphones. i’ve been quite interested in that side of things for some time too.

i’ll look into shamanic drumming, and let you know how it goes! :smile:

That sounds cool. I have experenced not many LD’s but I did have dream where I knew I was there before. It was some Bird Zoo and I knew who owned it from a previous dream from months ago but I don’t think that is any bit simular to your L.D.

I almost sparked the same type of LD last night, but I didnt see another one of me. Their was 2 of one of my friends, but they didnt realize it. When I realized I was dreaming my dog jumped on my bed and woke me up :grrr: